LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Noni, does it work?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noni, does it work?
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received an email aboout this product that supposedly kills parasites, bacteria etc.

http://www.morindasupreme.com

Has anyone had experience with Noni?

hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using this product for a while now, simply as a vitamin supplement. I didn't know it killed anything.

But when I first started taking it, I did notice an increase in headaches. And again if I stop taking it for a while and start up again I will have a headache.

Maybe it was a herx reaction..... I don't know. I do feel better on it though, as with my other herbal supplements.

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisi,
Do you use the Morinda Supreme brand? How much do you take & when.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hats,

I don't know what brand it was (I am currently out of it) But I bought it at Sam's Club. It had alot of other vitamins in it too. And also Cats claw.... so I was thinking I could have been herxing from the cats claw or maybe both.

I usually took 2 table spoons a couple times a week (when I remembered)

When I buy it again I'll let you know what brand. We live almost an hour away from that store so its sometimes difficult to keep my supply steady.

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Around 16-18 years ago, my Mom, Dad, sister w/breast cancer, and I were on this.

None of us got anything out of it. Sis was religious about drinking it regularly; after her death; hubby found another case of it stored in the house.

Of course, the ingregients are NOT shown anywhere. This is for your info only ... no comments good or bad; simply the facts.

Bettyg

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ryansara
Member # 3536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ryansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi -

I tried Noni for the first time about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It tasted so good that I probably did half cup - instead of the recommended 1-2 oz when you first start. Within minutes i started to feel dizzy and had to take antihistamine to get through the rest of my work day.

That night, when trying to sleep, I had my "pseudo-seizures" or brain shocks that kept me up almost the whole night. No amount of v or k really seemed to help. I haven't had those sx since my early years with lyme - maybe about 6 years ago. The seizurey stuff stayed with me for about 5 nights and I have had a whole array of odd Lyme sx that I hadn't had in a long time since then. I am just now beginning to stabilize.

I haven't taken any Noni since that first dose. I am slightly terrified of it - not knowing if it was a herx, if it made the Lyme stronger, or simply an allergic reaction (I don't think it was that). I have a whole bottle in my fridge that cost me $40 - Tahitian Noni.

To boot, the person got it from is a multi-leveler and now wants me to start selling it. Hah! I can't stand multi-level stuff.

So - I don't know - maybe it is good for us. Many swear by it. But I don't know if I can take the chance again.

Hope this helped,

S

--------------------
sara ryan

Posts: 13 | From Venice, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most Dr. K. patients are taking PC Noni. It is not the juice of the fruit, but an extract from the whole plant, including bark, etc.

I described it on this thread. You can get it at Biopureus. The juice alone does not do what PC Noni does. It is very effective for Lyme/Babesia, etc.

Take care.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=040711

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

The product I'm thinking about trying is dried, powdered Noni.

The juice experience above reminds me of my Mangosteen experience. It did nothing for me except maybe make yeast worse because it had a lot of sugar in it. I bought it at Costco where I was at least able to read the ingredients. After much searching online I found the ingredients for the popular Mangosteen juice sold by multi-level marketing. It contained preservatives I am severely allergic to. Also had sugary juices I avoid because of yeast.
hats

6t5frlane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6t5frlane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Used it for a month. Made my wallet smaller,thats it
Posts: 355 | From NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6t5frlane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6t5frlane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Used it for a month. Made my wallet smaller,thats it
Posts: 355 | From NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stand corrected. Back then, it was $25/bottle compared to $40 now.

Noni NOW posts ingredients per Gigi's post. They didn't when my family was taking; we pursued this & could NOT get a straight answer from anyone.

Bettyg

[ 26. May 2006, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no personal experience with this consuming this product, but this and other independent studies I've read these last few years compare its benefits to other fruit juices:

http://ec.europa.eu/comm/food/fs/sc/scf/out151_en.pdf

Haven't read anything about the bark or root products though. Just the Tahition Noni juice that sells for $40 a bottle on a multi-level marketing deal.

--------------------
Tabby

-

California Lyme support group

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took organic Noni, but just 2 bottles. Tasted horrible, and I felt nothing really special.

PC-Noni seems to be helping on babesia for me, as I herx strong even with few drops (started with less than 10). I mean, my chills increase A LOT, I suppose it's herxing.

Babesia symptoms are slowly vanishing (night sweats, mood swings, hot flushes disappeared) but still too early to tell it will definitively work. I also take artemisia annua, whole herb.

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking the Mangosteen juice from Xango, not Costco. I've been taking it for a month and it hasn't bothered my candida. I do take Candex though for the candida so maybe that's why.

It has helped me so far with energy, less depression (probably because I have more energy to garden and do things I love to do), allergies are better so I'm excited about using it long term. My husband saw a huge difference in me right away. He is using it too (he's fairly healthy) and it gives him more energy. When he went out-of-town last week without it, he noticed a big difference.

I talked to a guy last week in my karate class who tried the Noni juice and he said it didn't do anything for him. Personally though, I've not tried it.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement