LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » knee problems anyone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: knee problems anyone
mag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone

new week new symptoms -does any one have problems with their knees?

this past week - my right knee started to make cracking noises with every movement. now i have continual pain in it. it feels like -it is quivering in side. Swollen - all the time
easy to walk in the morning and gets more painful as i roam the earth----

I limp and drag the leg at times -loads of fun --
since october (when my symptoms became neuro - i have not done any strenuous excercise but am able to walk (no previous injuries - was very active )

i am not donating my knees to these lyme critters

help-------
mags

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Painful knees were one of my very first Lyme symptoms (at that point I didn't realize I had been bitten - thought it was an old knee injury resurfacing) but it became so painful in both knees that I couldn't sit down without putting my hands on the chair first and lowering myself slowly.

Once I realized I had Lyme and started reading up, I saw many mentions of painful knees being a very common symptom - one of the most common according to one lecture I heard by a famous LLMD.

Why it would start bothering you now, who knows, although I've developed many new symptoms two years into treatment.

My knee pain went away on my first antibiotic (Doxy) so I was fortunate.

I use a homeopathic/herbal carpal-tunnel ointment called Topricin on other parts of my body where I have muscle/joint pain or neuropathy and sometimes it helps. You can get it on the internet. Or you might try one of the many arthritis creams that are sold over-the-counter.

Are you on any anti-flammatories? Now might be the time to ask your LLMD about doing that.

Take care,
Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like JIll E. painful knees were a first symptom for me & then neuro problems. The knee problem went away with my first few months of treatment. In fact, I only remember it when I look back at my symptoms' list. (A bad memory)
Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My left knee was one of the first "residual" symptoms for me. Hung around for a couple of years, with some swelling & pain.

(before treatment)

--------------------
Tabby

-

California Lyme support group

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LostCityAgent
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knee pain along with every other joint in my body. In fact, knees are not the major problems though enough to keep me from squatting most days.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks everyone

just making sure i have no new disease
-heat seems to help it

jill i have the bleeding stuff with babesia
so i am not sure which of the anti inflam drugs
to take

mags

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again, Mags,

Well, if you have bleeding issues, obviously you can't be popping many of the anti-inflammatories.

Does your LLMD have a good understanding of some of the more natural anti-inflammatories such as fish oil, turmeric, etc? Perhaps there is something along those lines that would not aggravate the bleeding, but of course, you need to discuss anything that could possibly interact with your medications or situation.

I see you are a fellow Californian. Are you in northern or southern? I'm just wondering if we have the same LLMD.

Good luck with this!
Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have knee pain too, but mine is likely cartiledge injury along with lyme.

I am trying to do knee exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee. Do a google or yahoo search on knee pain exercises, or knee exercises, and you'll come up with some to keep your knee as fit as possible. I figure it can only help.

I am also trying to take some supplements for the knee....like glucosamine/chondroiton, etc.

A steroid shot in the knee activated latent lyme in my body.

Needless to say, don't take a steroid shot to get rid of knee pain!

Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steroids and NSAIDS are a big NO NO for lyme infected folks...

These drugs LOWER our immune system and aid the bug to disseminate faster thru our bodies....

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement