LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » this type of pain = bartonella?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this type of pain = bartonella?
trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I have asked about this type of pain before--but i am really experiencing it very badly for the past week.

The best way I can sum it up is to say that there are these points or spots along my legs, arms or face that get INCREDIBLE pain. Just in one spot. The pain is like a cramp, but it isnt the entire muscle....just one small spot. it is like INTENSE arthitis pain but in one place in a muscle. On my face it is like intense sinus pain sudden and getting worse and then it goes away and maybe it is a bit numb there??

It lasts only about a minute and then subsides and moves to another place. At any given time I have 3-10 of these places on my body hurting at once. They are almost always in the same location.

Does anyone else have this?

Does this point to a specific coinfection? like bart?

I am not on any ABX right now.

I wanted to wait to treat bart until after a long road trip, but I might not make it---this combined with the dizziness, trouble swallowing and scalp tingling I am getting are making me feel like I am going DOWN fast.
[shake]

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if those symptoms are overlapping with other infections, but my daughter ONLY has bartonella and she has that issue you speak of.

Today she had pain in her sinus area. Then tooth pain, then neck pain. Sometimes it's just her hands, then an our later it's her shins.

Does that sound familiar?

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got Lyme and Bart, so I don't know which one it is, but I get that too. With me it is more of a sudden stabbing pain, very localized in one spot, usually on my legs or arms. It stays for a minute or two and then goes away.

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope your taking complex B vitamin and cq10,Mg,multi vitamin, and the rest of your probiotics.

I use to get severe cramps in different places. Just dont tret lyme tret for coinfection too.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they correspond to any of these points?

http://www.geocities.com/ifoundthesun/tndrpoints1.html

I am not suggesting you have Fibro ..... because I believe Fibro is probably lyme. Just might give you some way to talk to doc about this.

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[bow]

again...thank you all. I feel less alone and freaked out-- and that is worth a lot in the face of this illness.

Kelmo---yes sounds very familiar except for the tooth area. I do sometimes get these pains in my hands and it builds and builds over a period of 30 seconds and I think if it gets much worse my hands are gonna BLOW UP and then it goes away. Nothing ever LOOKS any different on the outside.

Also--kelmo----I was reading some recent posts about bart and you had said your daughter is on zith and rifampin. My LLMD said that those drugs shouldnt be given together as they cross react and I forget which one causes the other to be decreased in effectiveness, but one causes the other to not work as well. Maybe something to ask you LLMD?

Alison---I get the stabbing pains too. Just not as much lately. go figure.

treepatrol--- I am taking probiotics but not other suppliments as I never have noticed they did diddly squat but leave me with less money. I had these pains and problems while taking very expensive and good quality supps. It isnt a cramp---just that the cramp like pain is very similar to the pain I feel....but it isnt a cramp---too small of an area, and maybe too close to the skin to really be a cramp. I am considering starting some liver support in order to get ready for Rifampin though. Coq10, ALA and maybe milkthistle. Might as well take those while not on ABX. I always take probiotics, whether or not on ABX---they are always good to me. [Smile]

Robi--thanks, but NOPE. Not at all actually. I mean I think they correspond to only one of the points. Most are on the front of my thighs, my shins, my biceps, my face, the backs of my hands, and the bottoms of my feet. Thanks for checkin into it for me though!

anyone else have these types of pains?

thanks again,
t

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the heads up on the zith/rifampin. If there is a problem with effectiveness, she is making progress with this combo, so we'll stay the course until she levels out. She also has mycoplasma pneumonia, so the zith hits that.

I'll tuck your info in the back of my mind, though.

Someone mentioned fibromyalgia..my daughter was first diagnosed with fibro. But, I knew it was hooooey because I remember a distinct illness genesis and had spent the prior year being bounced from one doc to the next before they threw up their hands and declared fibromyalgia.

I, too, am under the belief that many "fibro" patients really have a bacterial infection.

So...you aren't alone in your pain, it's all part of the nasty.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement