LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Headaches and fatigue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Headaches and fatigue
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 13 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since starting my abx treatmenst several months ago I have seen a great improvement with my fatigue. Last month I had my first herx with a return of all my symptoms. That has since cleared.

For the last several days I have such overwhelming fatigue. Can't hardly keep my eyes open. My whole head hurts and my ears too. I don't have a return of anything else though.

Is it common to just get the fatigue and headache back with nothing else? I forgot how numbing this tiredness can be. I feel like I am sleepwalking.

At least my cats are enjoying it. I think they think I am turning into one of them.

Thanks, kit [confused]

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just before my abx were stopped, I was sleeping more than 20 hours a day. The 4 hours I was awake (if I was lucky) I struggled to keep my eyes open, and my head up. It was a real nightmare.

I did see a little improvement with an increased consumption of electrolytes. I have a huge supply of Pedialyte...

--------------------
Sometimes when I say �Oh, I�m fine� I want someone to look me in the eyes & say �tell the truth�

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks AP. Does the pedialyte do anything for you?

I know I have frozen ped. pops in my freezer. My daughter refused them when she was sick.

kit

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I drink it at the first sign of fatique now and get a nice jolt of energy.

I still drink lots of water, but water's not enough in my case.

--------------------
Sometimes when I say �Oh, I�m fine� I want someone to look me in the eyes & say �tell the truth�

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try taking a super food.

I take Green Vibrance. It really helps. Fatigue was my worst symptoms but now I hardly get it unless I overdid something or an activity.

I take one dose of Green Vibrance in the am, and one with my lunch...both help alot. The morning one keeps me in good energy, and the afternoon one really helps with the mid day Lyme crash.

Here's a link to see whats in it. It has ALOT of stuff that help detox, give you vitamins and minerals, pro and prebiotics, etc. You need to keep it in your freezer though because it is basically a tone of different plant and veggie powders:

http://www.vibranthealth.org/gv60.html

you can get it at any healthfood store

Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fatigue is my major remaining symptom, and it's a bear. It's not something that should just be lived with -- causes could be coinfections, viruses, relapse with Bb, adrenal exhaustion, low thyroid (apparently my problem), mineral/vitamin depletion (from abx and illness), high levels of toxins, and I dunno what all else. Probably a combination of several or even all of these.

Despite extensive Bb tx, I didn't get rid of my headache until I did the babesia treatment (although I did have periods of feeling pretty good and of reduced headaches). For the first 5 months of babs tx the headaches intensified (which I would not have believed possible -- I was used to fairly agonizing headaches that lasted for a month or 2 without a break. The only thing that helped them was Butalbytal). Then -- no headache. None at all. Now I just get "normal" headaches that respond to acetominophen or go away by themselves in a few hours.

I still struggle with major fatigue, but tx for each coinfection Bb, then babs, then bart -- really helped. Although I'm still very tired a lot, I no longer feel as if each step meant wading through waist-high running water.

The hubby had a relapse in winter of last year, and experienced a major, major increase in fatigue and headaches. The culprit was Babesia, but also viral infections (brought on, I think, by immune system collapse caused by the babs relapse) -- the standard LD trio of EBV, CMV, and one other virus I've forgotten.

After the Babs tx, taking Valtrex for the viral infections did an extraordinary amount of good in many ways -- reduced fatigue, finished off the last of the sweats, greatly increased cognitive function. He's far from well, but much, much better than he was in December 2005.

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Day is not quite over- but I hope today has been the end of my headaches and severe neck pain for a while-after starting Minocycline -have no idea if that contributed to them or not- only lasted two weeks-so i feel fortunate.

It is confusing sometimes when the cure is worse, or as bad as the bite.A couple of times I thought of going to ER,kept putting my chin down to my neck to be sure i could do it, then told myself to hang in there one more day-this too shall pass. And at least for today it has.

Grateful for small blessings. [Smile]
Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like me at about 10 months into treatment.

It was babesia.

(I hadn't tested for it, but finally got a clue and was positive.)

However, it's equally possible you just haven't treated long enough.

Headaches can last a really long time; so can fatigue, even in the absence of coinfections.

But I'd be SURE to check out coinfections!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement