LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Marguritaville- AFTER Dr. J kicks duck butt!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marguritaville- AFTER Dr. J kicks duck butt!
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are cordially invited to:

Where: Margurita's Mexican Restaurant in East Hartford, CT (across the stree from the Holiday Inn and the Days Inn)

Date: September 28, 2006

TIME: Two hours after Dr. J's hearing is done.

For some fun... and GOOD food.

And if YOU come..

Some GREAT company!

This will be my 4th or 5th.. Oops! I forget how many trips I've made now to Dr. J's hearings in Hartford, CT... and Dr. J's hearing in North Carolina so far this summer??

Anyhow...

I am REALLY getting tired of the two hour drive to the train station, in MISERABLE I-95 traffic... and the bouncy, bouncy, jiggle every bone out of it's socket 6-8 hour train ride.. and the luggage hauling and dragging and lifting.. and the taxicab rides as they go FLYING through the streets whirling around stopped vehicles and acting just like a cab is SUPPOSE to do... and the after midnight order-in-to-the hotel room pizza dinner...

AND.. the early morning rise and shine which includes getting dressed and putting on my best "act sensible" outfit, yeah right... YUCK!

And another car-sick, oh no close your eyes, please don't, cab ride...

And then having to LOOK at... and LISTEN to... the EVIL slymes (who are so STUPID they make an oyster look intelligent) ... attacking OUR Dr. Jones!

It's a nightmare.. a recurring one at that!

And I am TIRED of the whole thing!!!

Soooooooooooooo... I've decided...

Since this hearing is only a few hours long this time... Tincup is a going to have some fun.. and I'd love for YOU to come along!!

Since we don't know exactly when the hearing will be finished... how about meeting about two hours after it ends at the really nice Marguarita Mexican Resturaunt?

Don't like Mexican food? Not to worry.. lots of other stuff on the menu.. and it's GOOD!

By the way.. who is going to the hearing?

Dr. Jones DOES want folks to be there... and if I can keep jumping trains to get my fat behind up there..

Well... it sure would be nice to see everyone this side of the Mississippi River be there too.

Yepper.. that means YOU!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I can't be there Tincup, but Dr J will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I liked your picnic idea better!!! -- wish that would have worked out.

Any updates on the proposed Lyme Treatment Center?

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, YOU ARE BACK! WHOOPIE! Ice cream & cake time for you; I've had to give them both up; I'm allergic to both.

We have really missed you and hope you have recouped from your 2-3 months of hearings/activism.

As your time permits, I and ________, lyme brain & I just can't remember although her name is on my tongue & won't come out; want to visit with you about the 50 state email list project you started in Aug.

I'm so sorry to the other person I've been working with on this. I'd have to go to our posts to find your name, and I'm going to be so embarrassed [Embarrassed] for not remembering it! this darn lyme!

Have you read what she & I have done on the 50 list posts you started in medical, general, & activism? If yes, then you have followed our progress to date on that.

On your official activism post, I asked folks to STOP for now until AFTER NOV. elections as there are going to be quite a few changes. Why do the work twice? It's timeconsuming enough.

Tincup, would have loved to have met you, all the attendees & Dr. Jones, but my thoughts & prayers will be with you all that day.

Hope those living IN TOWN will come in here & give us their reactions as to what transpired that day. Take care my friend, Tincup; loved by all of us lymies! [group hug] [kiss] Bettyg [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be at the hearing and if it ends early enough will meet you in Margaritaville.

Still needing some driving directions.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, I will be there with you in spirit and wishing I were there..Things need to be better here with my daughter and they aren't..So I can't leave..Give Cooper a hug for me..

And please be safe in your journey..and make sure that your guardian Angel is nearby..

The York Co. Support group was trying to get a bus up..Another possibility for you..Less bumpy than the train and probably faster..Just an idea..It would be a longer initial drive for you though.

I also am going to be sooooooooo upset to also miss the good food at Margarita's...And the lime in the coconut..Please try to get a recipe for me..hugs lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tin,
As always I have every intention of going as long as my body cooperates that day.

If it is a good day for me I will see you a Marguraitaville! Looking forward to meeting you in person and thanking you for all that you do for the cause.

Hugs,
Kim

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

I have NEVER known you to LIE before!!!

So lieing now is NOT allowed!!

Thank you for ALL you do or very serious and time consuming activism we all KNOW you do!!!

You are the absolutely best friend to lyme, anybody could ever ask for!

Oh I forgot, the lie, the big huge fat lie.

If anybody believes that line about that big huge FAT butt, It is bald face LIE!!! It doesnt exist!!

Eat more salt water taffy, then 'maybe'!!

There, I 'caught' you,,,didnt I??? Real observations from a --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hatsnscarfs,
Here is a link to the directions to the hearing -

The hearing will start at 10am in the Legislative
Office Building at 300 Capitol Avenue, Hartford at
10a.m.

Driving directions are at
www.cga.ct.gov/olm/directions2.asp

Posts: 441 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bea...

Sorry you can't be there. Would love to see you.. and I am SURE you deserve a "break today" because I KNOW what you go through. Hope things are getting better.

The Treatment Center has some snags due to the HEALTH Department butting in.. but working on several angles now. Also have the upcoming political elections to consider and deal with.. so progress is slow until after the vote in November. Seems peoples lives and health care shouldn't have to be stuck in a political battle.. but as you well know Lyme is THE political disease.

Yo ho BettyG...

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and note.

I MUST appologise to you and others who were working so hard getting that information on the post you mentioned. I had to unexpectedly shut down the computer because of a family emergency and am just now getting back on. I was constantly thinking that I wished I could get back to it to see how it was going and to say THANKS!!! AND to use it. It will be very valuable in the near future and before I took a break.. I had already used some of the info posted.. even before it was done!

It was a LOT of hard work for everyone I know.. and I will.. after I get semi-caught up with the tons of emails waiting here needing attention... get over there to see all the progress. I am SURE I will be delighted and MOST grateful. Thanks for all YOUR effort with that project and so many others.

I may not be able to say it every day.. but I do appreciate it.

Now.. what's this about NO ice cream? Ahhhhhhhh!!!

[Eek!]

NOT fun.. but for the sake of good health.. necessary I guess?? And I am sorry you won't be there to see the hearing.. but I will try to get back to you and others with some impressions and details once I drag on back home on the bumpy train.

Best post this now as I am tending to lose things these days!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hats! Nice to see you and your scarfS. hehehe

I FINALLY found someone CRAZY enough to join me at Marguartia's! Good for you! I am looking forward to it and will see you there.

As for driving directions... I assume you mean from your area to Hartford? I have no clue and would would prove to be insane to even THINK I could direct your way. Hopefully someone will jump up and help you find your way.. but LOST is all you'd be with me giving directions.

Lymemomtoo...

How DO you do?

Rats, drats and bug-a-boo's. Sorry you are having a tuff time there and so sorry you won't be able to party in your old stomping grounds.

What's that we use to say when things didn't go our way? Oh yeah...

Fooey!

But I will be thinking about you and the other coconut! For sure!!! I just hope things get better down your way... SOON!!! Lettuce us know.. ok?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

WOAH! Looks like I'll be dining with a HUMAN BEING...

For a change!

GREAT news and a big YIPPEE!!!!! That made MY day! Out here in the back woods we don't get to dine out much and choices are VERY limited!

And I am really looking forward to your company.

IF you stay away from my ice cream.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just Don...

I do miss you. I know it is too far to come to CT.. but it sure was nice to see you here now. Just sorry that you will miss a nice supper out on the town! It's been a long time since we broke bread together.

And about the lying! Boy oh boy you had me going!!! And I was worried. But then I was relieved to see this note by you..

"If anybody believes that line about that big huge FAT butt, It is bald face LIE!!! It doesnt exist!!"

Now now.... hmmmmmmmm........

My first thought was to argue with you about that... but my brain kicked in gear more quickly than usual and I decided that if YOU think that the BIG HUGE butt doesn't exist... then who am I to argue?

I GUESS it will just have to be OK with me.

I mean HAY.. how stupid would I be to argue with a very kind gentleman whether or not I have a big butt.. when HE says I don't?? HA!

OK.. YOU win!!!

Grin, grin... and thank you!

Soooooooooooooooooo good to see you!

[Big Grin]

DJP...

Thanks for the link for hats. By the way.. are you going to be there? I hope so!!

Anyone else?

I hope so!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will be at Dr.J hearing. I have to see how my daughter feels after the hearing to know if we can meet for lunch.

This will be our first hearing. WHat hotel do you stay at?

Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Good for you fatigued!

I am staying at the Days Inn in East Hartford, CT again. 1-800-860-289-4950

They have a little breakfast in the lobby in the AM... which is helpful for being on the run.

And a NICE fish tank in the lobby. When you pass by.. say hi to the big fish I named "Peaches".

No.. it doesn't take much to impress me!

It is across the street from Margurita's .. so once you are full of Mexican food you can roll on back to your bed without much effort.

If you call for a reservation at the Days Inn.. tell them you are coming up for the Lyme disease hearing. A single room is $59.00.. so DO mention that or you will be charged more.

If you want to share a cab to the hearing.. let me know.

Looking forward to seeing you!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC, fun to read your humorous comments again.

NO APOLOGY is needed on the 50 state project you started; family emergencies come up for us all.
FAMILIES COME FIRST! no exceptions!

But we missed you & your guidance, but we winged it together combining our lyme brains & organizational skills.

Glad things have now settled down, where you are comfortable with what's happening at the moment. Would have loved to meet you; this extraordinary woman with the 24/7 activism lifestyle fitting her family in. [group hug] [kiss]

Glad to read you'll be having company for supper as we country gals say. Take care TC.
Love, Bettyg [Big Grin]

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tin, the other coconut is going thru a rough spell..Well she has already been there for a couple of years but keep her in your prayers..

Also she has changed her lymenet name to Cobweb and not posting much.lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm always missing these things - not because I want to but I am never in the country at the right time it seems.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of the same here DLL, always in the wrong place at the right time (or visa versa).

I was just up north and can't get back there now.
Sorry guys, I'll be there in spirit for what that's worth. [Frown]

I do love Mexican food, though. [Smile]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Promised myself I'd be in bed BEFORE 3 AM today...

So I will be back later to see what's up!

[Big Grin]

Anyone else?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,
Not sure I'll be able to make the restaurant, but will at least try to introduce myself after the hearing. Would love to meet you in person.

I think you were at the CT rally, but I had the kids and didn't get a chance to say hi.

Thanks for all you do!

Posts: 441 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're in a great deal of trouble around here lately --
but I plan to get there for the hearing.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

DJP and MO..

Good to know you are coming! THANKS!

See you there!

Gotta run.. train doens't allow naked passengers.. so I must wash some clothes and pack!

Later gators.

PS. I'll be the one standing on the table in the middle of Marguratia's singing Jimmy Buffet songs.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

PS. I'll be the one standing on the table in the middle of Marguratia's singing Jimmy Buffet songs.

[Big Grin]

"Oh, the stories she could tell..."

[Big Grin]

[ 25. September 2006, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: trueblue ]

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

^up^

What nobody got my Buffett reference, pfft!

--------------------
more light, more love

Tincup
Member # 5829

True.. You made me smile. Thanks!

How about one in return for you?

"If you ever wonder why you ride the carrousel,
You do it for the stories you can tell.

All the stories we could tell..
And if it all blows up and goes to hell...
I wish that we could sit upon the bed in some hotel..
Just listen to the stories we could tell.
Yes I wish that we could sit upon a bed in some hotel..
And listen to the stories it could tell."

[Big Grin]

Good to see you my friend.

Oh heck.. while we are singing...

Do you know the Tincup Chalice song? Jimmy sings it just for me ya know.

"I want to go back to the island,
Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'.
Give me oysters and beer for dinner every day of the year,
And I'll feel fine, I'll feel fine.

'Cause I want to be there,
I want to go back down and lie beside the sea there.
With a tin cup for a chalice
Fill it up with red wine,
And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine."

~smile~

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

trueblue
Member # 7348

Sure do I, sing it and smile everytime I see your name. [Smile]

(Actually, when I've seen him in concert, he says he sings it just for you, but will let the rest of us enjoy it, too.)

I've got one too, ok, or so. (you may have already left so I may have to sing these myself.)

"But through the window could see
it hangin' from a tree, and I knew
I had survived.

Life was just a tire swing.
Jambalaya's still the best song that I can sing.
Blackberry pickin', eatin' fried chicken,
And I finally learned a lot about pain,
'cause life is just a tire swing."

[Smile]

or...

"We've gotta roll with the punches
Learn to play all of our hunches
Makin' the best of whatever comes your way
Forget that blind ambition
And learn to trust your intuition
Plowin' straight ahead come what may.
And there's a cowboy in the jungle"

[Smile]

Just one more, because it's perilously close to my nap time.

"They're checkin' the evidence
May be some charges pressed
The only one they got me on
is some misdemeanor craziness

(CHORUS)
If It All Falls Down falls down falls down
If they solve my life if they find me out..."

[Big Grin]

Oh and then there's...

-

I hope you have a Lovely Cruise (or tolerable train ride, at least), singing Jimmy all the way. I'll be chiming in from here. (While everyone around me holds their ears.)

I wish it were different but some time in the future you and I will "sit upon the bed in some hotel" and sing all the Buffett songs we can think up.

--------------------
more light, more love

Tincup
Member # 5829

[Big Grin]

Thanks True.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

trueblue
Member # 7348

Bumping this...

Anyone that can get there to support Dr J also gets the benefit of having to hear TC singing.

Who can turn down an opportunity like that?

[Big Grin]

Ok, ok, at least go to the hearing if you can pull it off.

* Singing optional, ha, although, I bet Dr J loves Jimmy too. [Wink]

--------------------
more light, more love

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

I hope everyone that lives close will try to attend..

So help DR.J and go to eat with Tincup..Always a fun time..

And True, we can crawl out now..Sorry Tutu.. lmt

[ 29. September 2006, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: lymemomtooo ]

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Hey Tincup..It sounds like you all had a good time...wish I could have been there..

Hope your train trip home today was uneventful and your bed is soft tonight..

Now rest up for your next trip..

Thanks for all that you do..lmt

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone will have to check up on that chickadee ..
I spyed her making a date with the waiter as we were leaving ..

woo-woo!

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey- maybe I should change my screen name to " the other coconut"-I'll do anything to change my reality right now.

Actually I am at the keyboard to bide my time as I wait for the next dumpster to be delivered in our efforts to clean this once was a home now is a decrepit house.

I was thinking about the last voyage I made with Tincup- and how awesome it was- and then I had a flicker of hope-I'm sure by the time life improves for our family there will still be much more work to be done for the cause of Lyme awareness.

I may have retreated for now, but am not defeated, hope to regroup eventually and CHARGE-onward and upward.

Carol B

DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Hey Tincup,

It was nice to finally meet you!!! Wish I could have hung out later and met more of you. Had to pick up kids from sitter and had company from Florida stopping in for a visit.

See yah next time.

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Hi Mo..glad you were trying to keep an eye on her..I do not know what it is, that Maryland Wildness coming out or something, but they do like our dear Tincup in that restaurant..

And I think I know what she was doing..And bless her heart for it......

Carol and I were like chopped liver in there, but oh how they "took a liking" to her..Maybe it was when she got up on the tables to dance..Teheeeeee

I can say anything now and she can't get me until later..A few hours to go...lmt

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement