LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » how does your body handle the antibiotics??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how does your body handle the antibiotics??
geniveve
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am sooo discouraged. we tried the ceftin AGAIN!!! i only took it for about one week and wham, the liver pain and the pain in my shoulder blades and lower back started and i got scared and dropped it.

whenever i'm on any antibiotics, i get this awful pain under both ribs, in my shoulder blades and then lower around the waist.

i've tried ceftin, biaxin, flagyl, amoxy, doxy, keflex, cipro, you name it, i've done it.... same reaction -- enzymes go crazy.....and the docs stop the meds.

the last time, the doctor said my blood work came back all elevated.

every single time....i don't know what to do. i've tried every single one for lyme and my liver just can't take it....

please, does anyone have any ideas....i can't believe a friend said, "well, it looks like you're going to have to tough it out."

"tough it out?" what the heck does that mean? i can't tough it out!! i should be on some kind of treatment. i did try samento and, man, raised the ole blood pressure, got sick, and didn't take any more.

there has to be something i can do......anything.....

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme4
Member # 10723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I don't know if your having pain in the stomach area but it sounds just like my son. He had been on antibiotics for 4 months then he couldn't take the pain under his ribs.

After many trips to doctors and no answers, a friend told us about a product you can get at the whole food store. They might have to order it but it is a life savor. It is live acidophilus. It is not the pill form. This is called Bio-K plus, fruity flavor. It comes in a small 3.5 oz bottle, 12 in a case, about $50.00. This the the acidophilus found in yogurts but this is the true acidophilus, no added sugar etc. It is not good tasting but get the fruity flavor.

I tried all the live acidophilus found in health foods that sit on the shelves. This is not that. This is the real thing. It works. You take 2 teaspoons and increase each day until you take 1/3 bottle each day. You will go thru alot but its great. The web is www. biokplus.com.

Hope that helps.

My family(all 4 of us) have lyme and we go thru cases of this because our son was the first to start abx and we do not want the pain he went thru and we are all doing good so far.It took my son 5 days and the pain was gone. Its awesome.
Lyme 4

Posts: 60 | From RI | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about garlic juice?
Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme4, I recently started using the BioK based on another Lyme friend's suggestion. I'm going through testing right now for systemic candida (despite having been on probiotics, s. boulardii and everything else I could do to prevent it), so I decided it was time to add some new brands of probiotics.

I've found that all the health food stores near me stock me. I just use the plain one - it tastes like yogurt to me, which I like.

Genevive, I don't know what to suggest but I can empathize because I had to go off antiobiotics for months because of what Ketek did to my liver. But I've been able to tolerate other antibiotics so far, but must be monitored extremely closely.

Trust me, no one should tough out elevated liver enzymes because there could be massive damage being done.

On the other hand, I have heard from a couple of LLMDs that elevated liver enzymes can actually be a reaction to a herx. I don't know how high your enzymes are, whether they are truly in the dangerous zone or just slightly elevated, but have you discussed whether it could be herx?

I went through liver pain with my liver problems so I understand why you are so concerned and have every right to be cautious.

Have you gone through any gallbladder testing? Shoulder blade pain can be gallbladder. Personally I get shoulder blade pain from Bart treatment or Bart itself, so we each are different.

There is a test through Genova Labs called DetoxiGenomic that is supposed to detect if a person has a genetic defect that keeps their liver from detoxifying certain medications. It's expensive but it might be worth having it done to see if that's a cause.

Could you ask your LLMD to consider trying an antibiotic that is metabolized more through the kidneys than through the liver? A few are. Personally I can't tell just by your list because I'd have to look up each one in the Physician's Desk Reference.

There are many people on Lymenet who do the non-antibiotic methods like Salt/C, Rife, etc. - perhaps you might need to check some of that out a bit more. Or what about hyperbaric oxygen? Although when I was having liver problems, my LLMD told me that a herx from hyperbaric might be too hard on my liver, so that's iffy.

I'm sorry you are going through this.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ladylee210     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Geniveve,

I'm not sure this is feasable for you or not but considering you have problems taking meds as I have read your posts thru out the last couple of months and noticing the on going problems...

Have you and Doc considered - taking a break for a little while from meds and doing a detox - total / including the liver?

Maybe doing a solid month of detoxing might do the trick.

Only once in my lyme yrs or yeast yrs did I have the elevated liver eny. My doc did stop meds for a short while (I did not know about detox then) so I didn't do one, They were regular again in a short period and I was able to ressume treatment.

Also how about some kind of liver support supplement? Give more support to the liver?

Best wishes with this - this has to be rough on you.

Sometimes stopping certain things and adding others to regroup the body is or could be part of the treatment as well.

PS I didn't FEAR regression of the illness when I had to stop meds - my body was already messed up anyhow - LOL I felt I lived in regression land anyhow - but I certainly wasn't going to blow the liver either.

Posts: 374 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement