LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Allimed Study Results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Allimed Study Results
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have reposted this off of the Lyme Rife Group site with permission of the author.
I thought the good initial results may be of interest.

D Bergy

Hi, All: The Allimed Study is now over. Please ready below for my results.

Blessings,

Bonnie

Allimed Study:

Allimed:

Liquid Allimed (1000 ppm) 15 drops three times a day. This was changed at the three-month point to the Allimed capsules, 450 mg, two capsules three times a day.

Nature's Sunshine Products:

Super Omega 3 EPA, 1 capsule 2 times a day; VitaWave, 1 tablespoon in one liter of water with 2 tablespoons Thai Go, two ounces pomegranate juice and one packet Stevia (pomegranite juice and stevia optional). Drink throughout the day, no more than four ounces at a time. Everybody's Fiber, 1 scoop in water/juice at bedtime; Bifidus Flora Force, 3 at bedtime.

Diet:

One hour of diet counseling at the beginning of the study from Joan, ND. Low glycemic version of the Blood Type Diet. Eat organic foods as much as possible. No sugar, alcohol, or caffeine. Drink half your weight in ounces of water each day. Eat one organic avocado a day.

Personal Observations:

At the beginning of the study we were told that we would not herx with Allimed. I didn't believe it. I did herx, but I did not have neurological issues. Normally a good herx would cause balance problems, spatial disorientation and thick brain fog, in addition to pain. During the whole study my brain was clear even though I had lots of pain in my neck, spine and sacrum. At the end of the study my thinking is clearer, and has been getting more so daily.

We had dark field at the beginning of the study. I saw free radical damage to 30 percent of my red cells. The outside cell walls were jagged. I had four white cells that were not moving and looked sick. There were proteats that were active, but far too few. I also saw fungus and debris from poor diet. I also saw one ``mother bacteria'' that was the size of seven or eight of my red cells. I could see white shadows in approximately 80 percent of my red cells. I did not see any Lyme borellia until my red cells were broken open. Those shadows turned out to be cyst forms and spirochetes hiding there. I saw four spirochetes, four rod forms and 800 to 1000 cyst forms.

At this point in time I had been rifing for Lyme, candida, ehrlichia, mycoplasm and bartonella weekly for approximately a year. I had been off antibiotics for over a year. I did not rife during the study except detoxing frequencies.

Each day upon rising I took my morning Allimed dose. Approximately three hours later the pain began in my neck, spine and sacrum. After the afternoon dose, usually around 2:00 or 3:00 p.m., I was reaching for my Biomodulator (www.synergymedicalgroup.com) to reduce the pain. By dinnertime I was having visions of crawling into bed and taking a pain pill. I took my last dose at bedtime. Some nights the pain was enough to keep me awake, and sometimes when I was able to sleep it woke me up.

After one month on the protocol I had my regular Lyme appointment. I was in so much pain that I was having a hard time walking. The pain was in my neck, spine and sacrum. He sent me over for another dark field because he suspected the Allimed might be causing free radical damage. But the dark field showed the reason for my pain - thick debris of dead and dying spirochetes and cyst forms. At this point the free radical damage to my red cells was gone, as was most of the candida. My LLDO reduced my dose from 15 drops three times a day to 10 drops three times a day. I eventually worked my way back up to 15 drops three times a day. During the full moon each month I dropped back to 10 drops three times a day for a few days.

After six weeks on the protocol I had horrible vaginal itching. Since I have been battling candida for 25 years I just figured I had another ``infection''. I got the usual tube of cream and found some overlooked Diflucan and Sporonox. After two weeks, three tubes of cream, ten Diflucan and five Sporonox and no relief I just gave up. When I saw my LLDO I mentioned it to him and he said it was not candida, but die-off. I have since realized that no amount of cream, Diflucan or Sporonox would help because it was die-off. It has continued to improve to this date, but I am still having some very minor itching.

Three weeks ago I had wrist pain that woke me in the middle of the night. I immediately thought, ``I'm peeling my onion!'' I haven't had wrist pain for ten years. Because I used to be a court reporter, I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. Sometime around ten years ago the pain just magically went away and I forgot about it. I now realize that my wrist pain all those years ago was Lyme. My current wrist pain was intermittent and lasted for two weeks. I don't know if it will return or not. I haven't had any for a week.

Today, January 3, 2007, I had the last dark field. It showed some amazing things. The white shadows that I had seen in my red cells were reduced from 80 percent to approximately 2 or 3 percent. Free radical damage was reduced almost 100 percent. Instead of my red cells having jagged edges, a few were oval shaped. I saw debris and fungus, but it was reduced by 75 percent. The proteats were numerous - as many as there should be. I still did not have as many white cells as I need, but the ones I do have were bigger and healthier and were moving. After my red cells were broken open, I actually saw a white cell attacking/munching a cyst form! There was a reduction in cyst forms from 800 to 1000 to approximately 10. I did not see any spirochetes or rod forms.

Today is the full moon. Usually I am in bed with pain, or wishing I could be in bed. I am having pain in my neck. It is hot to the touch - probably three degrees hotter than the rest of my body. I had Joan my ND feel my neck and she agreed that the Allimed is still at work there. But I am not in bed and I don't feel like I want to be in bed. I have not had pain in my spine or sacrum for almost a week. Throughout the three years of my Lyme treatment almost all of my pain has been in my neck, spine and sacrum.

I did not have any digestive problems with the liquid, but I do have minor digestive issues with the capsules.

The reason I started on the liquid and finished on the capsules is that they decided that the liquid is too strong, and that most people would not be able to handle the herx from it. The liquid is available in an over-the-counter strength and is called Allimax. Allimed is called the ``physician strength''.

I ran the Lyme bank on my PERL for the first time in four months. I got a couple minor hits in my brain from a couple frequencies, but nothing like I used to. I went to bed right after I finished rifing and when I got up in the morning I was not herxing at all.

Personal Conclusions:

Allimed kills Bb cyst and rod forms and spirochetes. Allimed kills candida. Allimed strengthens the immune system. Allimed repairs free radical damage. Allimed crosses the blood/brain barrier. Allimed herxes are easier to endure than an antibiotic or rife herx. Allimed killed whatever coodies I had in my vaginal tract.

Recommendations:

Joan, ND suggested I stay on the Allimed, but reduce it to three pills a day, instead of six. Because part of the study was to figure dosing, she suggested I see how I am doing and if I start having symptoms again to up the dose, if needed. She feels like I should stay on this dose for two to three more months, and then have another dark field.

I have a call in to my LLDO to see what he recommends as far as continued dosing of Allimed.

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is your source for purchasing the product?

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take this product, though in a stronger form that is perhaps not as stable. I have taken it for about two years. It is a very nice product, I think. This is the guy behind the product:

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/id/7579

You can get it through the US distributor but I'm not sure the 1000 ppm is available here yet. If not, email Peter Josling directly and mention the above article

[email protected]

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting your experience. It seems worth further investigation.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just reposted someone elses study results so I do not know too much about the product.

They later posted this web site where the product can be bought.
www.allimax.us/

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fwiw, heres some 2D renderings of teh molecular structures of some of the sulfur compounds in garlic, onion, asparagus, and skunk odor.

The first two onion structures are two flavors in onion.

Onion Structures:

CH3-CH2-S-S-CH2-CH2-CH3

CH3-CH2-S-S-CH=CH2

Other structure in onion:
CH3-CH=S=O (Tear gas)

Garlic Structure: *CH2=CH-CH2-S-S-CH=CH2

Other structures in Garlic:
CH3-S-S-CH3 (?)
CH2=CH-CH2-S-CHNH2-COOH(Allium)

Skunk Odor Structures:

1. CH3-S-S=OCH2CH=CH-CH3
2. HS-CH=CH-CH3
3. HS-CHCH3-CH2-CH2-CH3

Asparagus compounds that when eaten, give sulfurous-odors to urine:

1.CH2CHCO-S-CH3
2. CH2-S-CH2-CO-S-CH3

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry D. Bergy -- I thought it was your experience. Nevertheless, I still think it is very interesting.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott,

I spoke to Mike Walton at Allimax a few months
ago while the study was being conducted. The
450mg Allimed capsules were only available to
doctors at that time.

The Allimax 180mg (eqv. to 40 cloves) is sold
at Iherb.

Products can be ordered direct. They sent me
a few samples. Could not tell much from 2 or 3 pills.

I am curious to know how the rest of the study went. Most in the study were in very bad shape
(to begin with) I was told.

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting this. I had read about the study when it started and appreciate reading one participant's impressions.

I'm a huge fan of garlic.

However, what concerns me about this study is that the garlic alone was not being tested, it was part of a protocol of supplements, mangosteen juice, etc. that could have improved the free radical damage themselves.

I wonder if this will be marketed as a total program or just the garlic product?

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jill,

Good point. When you look at what's in the
Thai Go and VitaWave. When I read it I was just
focused on the garlic. I bet you're right they
will probably incorporate the Allimax garlic into
a new or already existing product.

Yes, so how do you know for sure that the
results are from the Allimed garlic? unless one half of the group received the supplements and
a placebo.

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We had dark field at the beginning of the study. I saw free radical damage to 30 percent of my red cells. The outside cell walls were jagged. I had four white cells that were not moving and looked sick. There were proteats that were active, but far too few. I also saw fungus and debris from poor diet. I also saw one ``mother bacteria'' that was the size of seven or eight of my red cells. I could see white shadows in approximately 80 percent of my red cells. I did not see any Lyme borellia until my red cells were broken open. Those shadows turned out to be cyst forms and spirochetes hiding there. I saw four spirochetes, four rod forms and 800 to 1000 cyst forms.
If you took blood from healthy person, you would have such obserevations. Nothing you concluded here is true.

quote:
Today, January 3, 2007, I had the last dark field. It showed some amazing things. The white shadows that I had seen in my red cells were reduced from 80 percent to approximately 2 or 3 percent. Free radical damage was reduced almost 100 percent. Instead of my red cells having jagged edges, a few were oval shaped. I saw debris and fungus, but it was reduced by 75 percent. The proteats were numerous - as many as there should be. I still did not have as many white cells as I need, but the ones I do have were bigger and healthier and were moving. After my red cells were broken open, I actually saw a white cell attacking/munching a cyst form! There was a reduction in cyst forms from 800 to 1000 to approximately 10. I did not see any spirochetes or rod forms.
The same as above, I don't think what you observed and your thoughts refected the facts.

Without special technical processing of the blood samples, no one can conclude what one saw were Lyme borellia or cysts,fungus...

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Dave 6002,

I would be intersted in your explanation of why the various forms of Lymes and fungus are not identifiable under a microscope. I know nothing about microscopy but am always willing to learn something new. Maybe there is more to the story also, but it is given in a laypersons point of view. I will check on that part.

I also do not think the free radical change really has too much merit, but with all of the antioxidents readily available I do not think that is too important.

To me, as someone involved with treating Lymes without the benefit,(and I hesitate to use the word benefit in our case) of a doctor, the person reactions to the treatment are what can be learned from.

For example, the Herx reaction is very telling as to whether the treatment is doing anything. If my wife did not have the reaction we would be flying blind so I am gratefull she is sensitive to treatment. In the study the participant indicates a Herx reaction with the absence of brain fog. This kind of bothers me because I wonder if it reaches the brain. But, our experience is that the brain clears first so that could be an explanation. It could also be from a slower kill off than other methods.

She also mentions the Herx reaction is less than with a Rife machine or antibiotics. To an observer of symptoms, like myself,this could also simply mean that the Allimed kills Lymes at slower rate than other treatments.

The pain in the spine and other places wher Lymes likes to hide was also interesting. Whether we use Samento, Cumanda or a Rife machine pain in various joints is a common occurance. This is another indicator that the Allimed is killing the Lymes.

To me, the three questions remaining are:

Is it safe to take for a long period of time?

Every treatment we have used has very little known risk.

Does it in fact kill all forms of Lymes?

This would be a huge breakthrough as most treatments including Rife frequencies are thought to only kill the spirochette form. There are some combinations of antibiotics that are thought to address this but it is not without risk.

Can it rid the person of Lymes completely.?

This has been very difficult, but anecdotal reports indicate it is not impossible.

It is an interesting study in any case. I hope more rigorous studies are on the way to answer more questions.

D Bergy

Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=043002#000000

Hi, Bergy, check out the above link to the thread I started a long time ago.

As somebody pointed out: The 'spiked' appearance happens to all blood soon after it is taken out of the body.

In retrospect, I searched website and convinced that living blood sample is very complicated. What I saw (rod-like) under the microscope might not be bacteria. Healthy blood when taken off the body may gives such structures.

In order to determine wheather they are borellia bacteria, we need more specific tools instead of morphology.

These tools usually use probes that specifically bind to borellia bacteria, but not anything else.

One of techniques is FISH (Fluorescent in situ Hybridization)(see the link: http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/biophyadn/e-fish.html)
Igenex uses this technique to identify Babesia. The probe can be a fragment of nucleotide sequence specific to Borellia bacteria DNA or antibody that can specifically bind to Borellia bacteria proteins.

The specificity of these testings is very high and thus is unique (to Borellia bacteria).

Another problem to detect Borellia bacteria in the blood using darkfield microscopy is that there are very few bacteria, if there is any, in the blood of Lyme patients. To detect Babesia has the same problem.

In contrast, to detect other blood-born pathogens that cause acute diseases is much easier. For example, using regular microscopy with proper staining to detect Malaria pathogens is routine lab work and widely used, cause there are so many of them in the blood (in red blood cells).

(by the way, darkfield microscopy uses living blood without staining, other microscopis need staining,cause bacteria are transparent, you cannot see them without staining).

I agree that Allimed may be effective in treating Lyme. I currently use garlic juice and have had significant improvement in a short time.

Dave

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nellypointis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nellypointis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dave6002:
[QB] (by the way, darkfield microscopy uses living blood without staining, other microscopis need staining,cause bacteria are transparent, you cannot see them without staining).

Any opinion on phase-contrast to visualise spiros?

quote:
I agree that Allimed may be effective in treating Lyme. I currently use garlic juice and have had significant improvement in a short time.
I too am trying the garlic juice (about 10 days so far) but I am not taking too high a dose (about the equivalent of 4 largish cloves per day) to make sure I am not pushing my luck re:the reported potential hepatotoxicity of high dose garlic in rats.

Nelly

Posts: 416 | From france | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nellypointis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nellypointis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MarsyNY:
[QB] Scott,

I spoke to Mike Walton at Allimax a few months
ago while the study was being conducted. The
450mg Allimed capsules were only available to
doctors at that time.

The Allimax 180mg (eqv. to 40 cloves) is sold
at Iherb

Any comment re hepatotoxicity? (see below, study posted in Dec by Dave6002)
I calculated that 4 cloves was about the maximum per day amount to avoid hepatotoxicity. A bit confused as these allimax caps/tabs claim to be the eqv of 40 cloves.

Dave6002, any comment?

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=050561#000000

Nelly

Posts: 416 | From france | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first had this done, 85% of my red cells had bites out of the edges....it looked like Pac Man had been pigging out!

I also had some immune structures that meant my "immune system is on it's last legs". I can't remember the name of them....of yeah, I think they were called fibroblasts. I had "yeast fermentation bubbles", undigested fat particles (which look like spirochetes), and one bacteria.

The practitioner told me that all of this was from eating sugar. Sure enough, after 2 months with no sugar, it was all gone, and 100% of my red cells looked normal.

The only problem I had left was too much platelet aggregation.

I told her I did not feel any better, and she said something else must be wrong with me that could not be detected under the microscope.

So, I wonder how much of what is being seen is being correctly interpreted. I even wonder about my own evaluation.

Klutzo

P.S. I am now receiving acupunture with great improvement, and my TCM doctor told me to stop taking the garlic, since it is a hot herb, and I have an excess heat condition in my heart.

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Hi, Nelly,

Thanks for the reminding that phase-contrast microscopy also can be used to observe unstained cells. There could be differences between the two though, seems dark-field is prefered in observing moving bacteria.

Dave

Dave6002
Member # 9064

quote:
i have seen the spikes. i have them. EVERYONE HAS THEM. this is simply an indication that the red blood cells are drying up on the slide......

i used to work in hematology, many long years ago. i haven't forgotten this. many snake-oil salespeople count on non-medical people's ignorance of certain basics.

disagree if you like! i like discussion. dianne

This is from the thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=043002#000000

I agree with Dianne.

quote:
I also had some immune structures that meant my "immune system is on it's last legs". I can't remember the name of them....of yeah, I think they were called fibroblasts. I had "yeast fermentation bubbles", undigested fat particles (which look like spirochetes), and one bacteria.
Blood from anybody could have such phenomena under some condition, such as drying, temperature changing and exposure to air, pH changing and toxic chemicals (could be easily done by mixing blood with a drop of something).

Dave

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement