LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » do you have any experience with burbur?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: do you have any experience with burbur?
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 5 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered some bubur to try to detox and hopefully lessen herxes.

It has been recommended to me and I have read a bit about it. Anyone here have experiences to share?

thanks! I hope to be less achey! [Wink]

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Achey,

Are you on Flagyl? The Nutramedix Burbur has some alcohol in it, I think.

I had a bad experience with Burbur, but my doctor says I am the only person he knows who had the experience. Burbur made me nauseous and caused soft stool for me.

My doctor thought it might be that my liver was just so full of gunk. I also appear to have chronic pancreatitis and/or gallbladder problems. So I am wondering if that had something to do with my reaction.

Serendipity used it.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used Burbur for 2 months and it did nothing for me, so I switched to chlorella.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I was on Burbur, my herxheimer symptoms from Cumanda and rifing were barely noticeable.

Unfortunatley I became allergic to it and have not found anything as effective for me.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started taking burbur (Nutramedix brand) while herxing on Cumanda, Samento, and Azithromycin. It definately helped to moderate the herx by making it much more tolerable.

I continue to take it.

Have you tried detox baths for your aching? It could help, too.

Best wishes,
Hopeful4

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't tried burbur yet but just wanted to add that tincups detox tea recipe has worked really well over time for me in the detox department. They are mild teas and easy on my sensitive tummy. I started by adding one tea at a time to make sure I didn't have a reaction.

blessings
Dana

Tincup's Recipe:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=040193

make sure to run this by your doc first to make sure the teas don't interact with your meds.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done ao many detox bathes, I could and should have squiveled up! [Frown]

After a while I got tired of scrubbing the tub. I know the bathes help some, but after 2+ yrs of treatment, I'd really like a bit more pain relief than where I was before dx'ed. I get discouraged some days.

So next chapter, LLMD said try burbur, and I ordered some today.

Dana, I'll look at the tea recipes too, I know I looked at them a few years ago, was confused back then, will look again.

Thanks everyone! [Wink]

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done ao many detox bathes, I could and should have squiveled up! [Frown]

After a while I got tired of scrubbing the tub. I know the bathes help some, but after 2+ yrs of treatment, I'd really like a bit more pain relief than where I was before dx'ed. I get discouraged some days.

So next chapter, LLMD said try burbur, and I ordered some today.

Dana, I'll look at the tea recipes too, I know I looked at them a few years ago, was confused back then, will look again.

Thanks everyone! [Wink]

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Burbur will be the miracle to pain relief. Do you take pain meds?

I've tried all kinds of supplements for pain management and, quite honestly, it's Flexeril and Vicodin that worked for me with least side effects.

--------------------

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

I've taken tramadol and lyrica for pain, but lately the lyrica has been giving me some problems.

Tramadol and I are great buddies though. I have many allergies the list gets limiting. I don't know what is in flexeril or vicodin, but one sounds like codeine, and if so, that's out for me.

Today I feel pretty good, who knows, maybe I'm on a roll for a while... and the burbur arrived in the via UPS tonight.

I'm ready for a miracle! [Big Grin] It's snowing!

Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you are achy... I can relate.

I got the burbur a while back but wasn't sure I wanted to add something new. Then I got this cold at Christmas and had to pump up the immune boosting supplements. Viola! skin gets really itchy and the brain goes south.

So I went back online to figure out how to use it and started using it before meals and bedtime. I was actually suprised that it made a positive difference in the way I felt. (Less agitated)

But, it is not a pain killer. In fact I'm more achy this week (higher doses of Quina/Cumanda) than I'm been in many weeks.

Too bad we can't all afford some gentle massage daily!

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I do not use Burbur my herx goes out of control. When herx is extreme I use double dosages and it clears the worst of it in a day or so. I was so poorly one day that I did not use it and the next I was climbing the walls with anxiety from a bad bicillin herx.

I think this is the MOST important detox measur you can take.

Rianna [spinning smile]

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Achey,

Flexeril is a muscle relaxer. It does cause fatigue. It took me a month to get to a full dose and another 2-4 weeks to not be tired all the time. But it was the right medicine for me.

Vicodin is a narcotic that is mixed with acetopminophen (tylenol). For me, it works for everything but nerve pain. I was only tired the first few times I took it.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement