LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Depth Perception

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Depth Perception
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have problems with depth perception?

I Think this may be a problem with my neuro lyme & not my eyes-just had them checked.

Been knocking & bumping into things alot lately because mis-judging depths & location of where things are. Very frustrating.

A couple of months ago I backed my car into a ditch. Which was no where near the diveway [Eek!]

Any feeback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks [Smile]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana, I have a problem with depth perception also - am constantly pulling clumsy stunts, tripping because I misjudge distances or knocking into things. It causes me problems when driving as well, so when it's bad, I don't drive.

Makes me feel much less than graceful... and thanks to a few falls down stairs, etc, I've gotten to know a few of the ER's X-Ray techs very well...

Have discussed this with my LLMD, who attributes it to Lyme. So I've chalked it up to part of the Lyme experience, and I'm planning on it improving with treatment (got my fingers crossed!).

I did notice that my depth perception became much worse while I was on Ketek - not sure if that was a side effect or a herx, but it improved once I stopped Ketek, so I'm inclined to think it was a side effect.

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi dana,

Well...I had bad depth perception before Lyme...guess what it's like now....LOL! [Big Grin]

Since I'm sensitive to most visual changes, I can tell you that I have different visual reactions to each new drug I take.

Since contracting Lyme, my eye pressure is up in the glaucoma range. It came down to normal while I was on Rocephin.

Off IV and onto Zithromax, pressure zoomed back up with lots of strange extra floaters and blurry stuff.

Now off Zith and on Doxy, my vision is tired and I seem not to notice things that are right in front of me! I step up for stairs not there and fall down ones that I swore weren't!

I think inflammation does a number on the shape of my eyes. At the moment, I have a new astigmatism in my left eye that used to be in my right. GO FIGURE!

I where sunglasses a lot for light-sensitivity, which really messes with depth perception. Does that do a number on you too? Darned if you where em, darned if you don't! [Cool]

Seeing as I am like a fine wine (aged with integrity in a cellar...where the washer is...), my vision supposedly is changing anyway. So which is which?! ...it's always worst with a herx.

Wish I had sage advice, but I do not... just tea and blind sympathy... I do have a patient opthomalogist who lives with lyme and monitors me every month. Do you have LL eye doctor?

Best to you,

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
both my teen daughter and I now have depth perception challenges thanks to Lyme Disease.

ESG

Posts: 424 | From Connecticut, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement