LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » increase your body temperature to normal :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: increase your body temperature to normal :)
justag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bibkit.com/report19.htm

here is a great arcticle! Half way down you may see the steps to get to a normal body temperature.

Many may have seen this, but since I just got to read and benefit from it, I'd like to post it here [group hug]

Posts: 196 | From atlanta/norcross, georgia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be CAREFUL...there is a reason WHY being "cooler" is beneficial!!!

Actually...it might be better if your temperature dropped LOWER.

Slows down the need for oxygen = less oxidative stress and less DNA damage. Not to mention driving inflammation down.

Cooling helmets...SLOWLY warming a heart post heart transplant...falling thru ice and being able to live much longer without oxygen...

Getting the picture?

BTW...HIV is a VIRUS, not a bacteria. Different body responses.

That link is an "old" one...and primarily focuses on the "older" ideas/issues with re: to HIV.

The "newer" ideas (esp. the use of lactoferrin) hold more "weight".

Re: Venus Fly Trap:

The Venus Flytrap secretes the following 2 enzymes:

proteinase - any enzyme that catalyzes the splitting of proteins into smaller peptide fractions and amino acids by a process known as proteolysis.

Protein phosphatases are enzymes that

remove phosphate groups that have been attached to amino acid residues of proteins by protein kinases.

Venus Flytrap/Cat's Claw:
http://www.herbmed.com/allherbs/vftxcinfo.html

ATP -> ADP (removal of a phosphate).

In the interim...(Normally) Mg ATP -> higher cAMP ( to INactivate PFK which puts the brakes on the glycolysis pathway) -> ADP.

Latest thoughts...try to keep cAMP levels UP. Since Mg-ATP normally does this...we must find another way...Inhibit PDE4.

"Stay COOL!" ;-)

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the ideas about cooler body temps Marnie. I have been concerned about mine and this is reassuring that my body IS doing what it needs to do for maintaining health in the midst of a battle (infection).

Peace to all.

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, isn't it also true that the bacteria is creating a perfect host for itself. Isn't that a reason why we use FIR saunas, to move out the bacteria.

How do we balance this?

We aren't really worried about getting a normal body temp. We expect it to return to normal as she gets well.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lower body temps are not a good thing, and it is not your body taking action against the pathogens. It is due to the damage that these bugs have done, and are doing to your immune system.

Lower temps are often due to damage to the thyroid or Hypothalmus - Pituitary Axis. The body is meant to run at 98.6* Running at subnormal temps makes it difficult for the body's immune system to fight these pathogens. Bb is heat sensitive and the cooler temp is beneficial to them. That's part of the reason that Dr B wants his patients to exercise. Saunas are also very beneficial, and should be a part of therapy IMO.

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeindunkirk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeindunkirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed my normal temp has gone back to 98.6 as treatment has progressed over the last two years. Anyone else notice a difference?
Years ago I had asked my primary care physcian why my and my son's temp were always below normal and if that was okay. She simply said it was fine and that some people just had lower then normal temps. She's retired now or I'd call and make her aware of the cause. Oh well......

Posts: 547 | From Maryland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going from hot-cold-hot-cold actually stimulates our immune system.

I have old files on that.

Which is why...sit in a sauna, romp in the snow...sit in a sauna...romp in the snow.

Cultures have been doing this for ages.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement