LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dehydrated all the time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dehydrated all the time
Visual Afterimage Man
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Visual Afterimage Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you guys....

I have recently made a connection with feeling weak / depressed / and bad brain fog with dehydration. Whenever I find myself feeling this way, if I drink even one bottle of water, I feel about 50 to 60% better. A very noticable improvement.

So if these symptoms are caused by dehydration, then what is causing me to be dehydrated all the time?

Have you guys been down this path... and for those of you who find yourself feeling the way I described... try drinking enough water to turn your urine clear... It makes a world of difference for me.

--------------------
26 months of treatment. And counting.......

Posts: 298 | From Northeast Kansas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi VAM,

I have had the same issues. One thing that really helped me was reading the book Your Body's Many Cries for Water.

The basic premise of it, at least what I got from it, is that hydrating your body requires two things: Water, of course, and then a method to get the water to actually absorb instad of just running through the body (you can drink lots of water and still be dehydrated which was one of my problems).

By taking a little bit of salt (not table salt, something good like unrefined salt, himalayan, etc.), this makes the water saline. Saline is what the blood is. It also makes the water the same viscosity (hopefully this is the right word, by brain's not so good today) as the body's fluids.

This allows the water to be absorbed by cells, because it is the same weight as the saline in our body. This allows for both hydration and the release of toxins and wastes from the cells.

I read somewhere recently that a lot of us with Lyme also have low blood volume, which can cause swelling and the salt can also help with this.

I've found that taking a little bit of salt, say 1/4 tsp for every 3-4 glasses of water I drink really helps the water absorb and hydrate.

Also salt is crucial for balancing electrolytes, as many people learned recently in my area when a woman died from a water overdose. Drink too much straight water, and the electrolytes get thrown off, so it's good to take salt when drinking a lot of water, but avoid table salt.

[Smile]

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neuro lyme can cause the pituitary to disregulate the adrenals. In addition, the adrenals can get dysregulated by heavy infection.

The adrenals produce cortisol. If your cortisol is too low you get brain fog and fatigue. You also dump salt through the urine, and get dehydrated.

Good information is posted on this site:

http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notkrazybrian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notkrazybrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
couldnt have said it any better bejoy. brian
Posts: 217 | From Everywhere | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonsmith
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jasonsmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Iodine play any role in this?
Posts: 310 | From TN | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, to help hydrate yourself, add electrolites to your water. Or M-water. Vortex water. or
Trace Minerals Relax. Or all of the above.

The flow of electricity - nerve transmission - is interrupted if the trace minerals are not in you.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonsmith
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jasonsmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
Yes, to help hydrate yourself, add electrolites to your water. Or M-water. Vortex water. or
Trace Minerals Relax. Or all of the above.

The flow of electricity - nerve transmission - is interrupted if the trace minerals are not in you.

Take care.

Do Gatorade type drinks have all this stuff in it?
Posts: 310 | From TN | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gatorade is a not what you want. I can't talk intelligently at this hour, but I know that is the wrong thing. You want Magnesium not Potassium or something like that.

You might want to search the forum for comments from Marnie about that. I think. [bonk]

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, I must be more messed up than I thought.

When I was well and VERY active, I was always in a state of dehydration. Low BP. Low salts....and felt GREAT.

Now, My BP is normal to high, I have no dehydration. Salts are normal...and I feel like crap.

Go figure.

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Friends,

You can keep getting thirsty if your electrolytes are off. Salt alone doesn't really handle that. You also would need potassium and trace minerals. Magnesium is more for balancing out calcium and becuase the little Lyme bugs take it all for themselves, leaving you without enough. However, magnesium has little or nothing to do with the electrolyte balance, in my experience.

You can take Emergen-C, ElectrolyteStamina from Trace Minerals, bioplasma, or some potassium and trace minerals along with a good salt.

Love,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a dry mouth and I am thirsty all the time lately. I thought it was due to taking ABX and my kidney getting sick of all the ABX and tired of the disease.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement