LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » scared that it is Lyme too

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared that it is Lyme too
elle108
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle108     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the last few years, I have been troubled by certain symptoms that, having come here because of my daughter's Lyme disease, I have come to learn could be associaited themselves with Lyme. They include...a sudden weight loss of over 20 pounds, neurally mediated hypotension (positive tilt table test), daytime exhaustion, strange bruising on areas like the inner arm surface, low platelets, ptosis, shingles, can't shake resp infections. I am beginning to get paranoid that I may have Lyme disease..especially since my Sx began around the same time my daughter's did.

I have suspected in the back of my mind that I, too, may have it...but have never really given it credence...tonight, for some reason, it has gotten harder to shake the fear and I can't even imagine if we both had it at the same time...On the other hand, unlike her, I have been able to push through and work, run my house, raise three kids, etc...I know I probably sound like one of those med students who thinks he has every disease he studies...but frankly, when I went to the doctor, none of the symptoms were ever addreessed as part of a larger disease process...just treated on thier own...i.e., florinef for the NMH, bed rest for the shingles, etc...my PMD way back then did include a Lyme test (not sure which one) and when it came back positive, I was told "it could be any number of disorders" and I left it at that...Now I want to call for the records and see what exactly it was that came back positive...could it be that I, like my daughter, have been walking aorund with Lyme all these years...this is feeling really scary!!

Posts: 217 | From New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH my! Doesn't sound good! Yes, get those test results and post them here. We'll help you!

If you have it, you'll be in good company here. We have many mothers who have it and take care of children who also have it.

It CAN be done!

[group hug] Elle [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Elle,

My road is different than yours.

I was finally dx. with Lyme in October of 2006.

Given my children's complaints and symptoms, and the fact that

I believe I may have contracted Lyme the month I got pregnant with my youngest,

I had them tested via Igenex and guess what??

Both of them have Lyme specific bands, although neither are CDC positive.

I too, have to "push" through. My husband has Lyme also.

Mommy is always on duty....even in the middle of a major herx.

You do because you have to. It will be okay.

Better to find out if you too have Lyme and get treated,

Than to slowly, but surely deteriorate....and be unable to care for your child the way you want/need to.

Yes there are some days when I wish I could just go to bed, wrap myself in the covers,

And let the world just go on by. I can't.

I have two young children with Lyme also, and I am a Mommy.

What I am really dreading is a "family" herx night.

My children have not started treatment yet, but are seeing a LLMD in June.

Hang in there. Get tested. Find out for yourself and your child.

I have not always been the best Mom in this last year.

I look forward to the days that I can be a better Mom as I get better too.

Sending you calming thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penn92
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penn92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is exactly how I figured out that I had Lyme. You'd do well to get tested and either start treating or set your mind at ease.

As you can see from my signature, we've gone through the multiple family members being treated at one time thing and it isn't bad, really. We've been much more understanding of each other's ups and downs since we've all been through the same stuff.

Get tested and just go from there. It is definitely better than fearing the unknown. [group hug]

--------------------
Getting older is when we would rather not have a good time
than have to get over it. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 386 | From Radnor, PA - where the ticks run free | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement