LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Palms Red/Blotchy Severy Anxiety OCD Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Palms Red/Blotchy Severy Anxiety OCD Help
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 5 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the last 8 hours my palms are very red and blotchy. I am getting this weird feeling like some one put Icy hot on them and some on my wrists. That cold sting/burn weird. and then it stops and it comes back.

The only other different symptom is that my feet are ICE COLD! despite my fever and being wrapped in a blanket. Does anyone have any idea if this means anything? All I know I am Lyme positive and have been on Doxy for 10 day.Calling doc in am.

I put some sunscreen on this am like 15 hours ago so i could got to my Daughters tball game. That has been the only difference. Other places I put it on are fine, except my face still has that slapped face appearance. My fever is up to 101.9 and general sl itchy for no apparent reason.

I haven't felt as bad as some other days with the physical pain, my anxiety is so bad, the Xanax is not working. I am anxious about my kids and their health relating to ticks.

I let mt dogs out into my large back yard where they can really run around ( I have a part of the yard that is fenced off for them specifically, but this is a treat for them. I do it when I can.

when my bulldog came back she had A f-ing deer tick on her chest. We are talking about 5 min. I feel like the *******s are stalking me, and my family. They are my enemy. I have complete OCD about it. Can't sleep.

I have never found a tick on any of my pets and thankfully it was already starting to die because the Advantix I put on the dogs.

Sorry for all my posts I am anxious, and worried.

Thanks, Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
melissa, i feel for ALL you are going thru now with your herxing.

CHART ALL SYMPTOMS; a chart was shown after the long list of symptoms in my 50+ page newbie package sent to you when you joined up.

i didn't; wished i'd known then to see how long things last; what EVENT may have triggered it.

your doxy caused some of it; ALLERGIC TO SUN ISSUES!

you've really got to dress long sleeves/pants, ball cap or hat coming down to shoulders, NOIR..NO INFRARED SUNGLASSES on protecting your eyes; white socks covering up your ankles, walking shoes, and GLOVES on your hands there as well as driving! i burnt my arms terribly when traveling out of state for llmd visit!

ask your md about increasing dosage of xanax for your anxiety! i've been going thru that off/on since 11-06! it's horrible feeling and can't breath.

glad you're calling your llmd. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear MerryGirl,

I have had the cold feet thing. Feet like ice, but they sweat!

Part of a herx for me, however, you may want to call your LLMD and make sure as you have itching,

It is not a possible allergic reaction. Even with SPF 70, I had photosensitivity issues with doxy.

It's a burning, tingling feeling for me. It may also be a photosensitivity issue due to the doxy.

The anxiety I've had too. Really bad. It would wake me up at night with absolute waves of terror going through my body.

Doxy did help with this.

I think it is normal to be "obsessive" about ticks when you have this disease.

I am not scared of them, but do tend to over react when I see one on one of my 7 dogs, even though I keep advantix on them all.

Something like, "Okay, everybody stand back away from the dog", then I get my tweezers, some alcohol.....

It is like I am getting prepared for major surgery.

It was just last July when my husband brought home a dog he found that was infested with ticks.

I sat him on my lap as I pulled over 22 ticks just from inside of one of his ears....

I shudder to think of it now.

I had symptoms of Lyme though for at least 3-4 years before that.

Still grosses me out.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it was the sun, but I had long pants, shirt and socks and a hat and spf 50 on my face and neck. I think I am just starting to get used to the fact that I am going to have crazy symptoms for a bit.

I have had disabling OCD since I was like 12. It has been so bad that I tried to admit myself to a hospital once about 7 years ago because I couldn't leave my house. Hasn't been this bad until now.

My dad said he would treat the yard for critteres, although I doubt it will work that great, It makes me feel better. Although having toxic crap all over the yard makes me anxious too. I am more anxious about the ticks though.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
melissa, well, you certainly were dressed correctly! nice of dad to spray your yard for you... take care our vet friend! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement