LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone tank in the summer?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone tank in the summer?
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 5 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else tank in the summer?

It's been like this since my last relaspe 4 years ago. Every summer, without fail my symptoms get worse.

But come fall I start to feel better again.

I am in AC 24/7 & not outside much. Am thinking it could only be 2 things ~ A lyme cycle for me or the AC.

Anyone else?

Thanks [Smile]
Dana

[ 17. June 2007, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: 5dana8 ]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get bad if it is humid and my AC corrects that thankfully.
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for your post radfara

I think our central AC keeps things dry enough inside here.

It's going to be a every long summer [Frown]

blessings
dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heat is killer on lyme disease patients (atleast most of us) I have been training my body to get use to heat, I go outside some in the 90 degree weather and I also take hot epsom salt baths for 20 minutes... In the next month I am preparing myself to get ready for hot tub/ sauna treatment by simulating a fever...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Byron,

Thanks for your post. Sweating is a good detox if your system can handle it.

No heat here just AC. I only go out of the house about once a week. I have a hard time keeping warm. My hubby likes the AC cold and I have to bundle up.

When we have the house open in the spring & fall I feel my best. I am beginning to think it has something to do with the AC, but that doesn't make any sense to me. I feel better in the winter months with the heat running.

take care
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dear friend: Sorry to hear you are still tanking. Hang in there!
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any possibility that there is mold in your a/c? Many Lymies are sensitive to mold.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dana,
I run a dehumidifier even with an a/c. I keep a (thing that gives humidity levels) so I know when to turn on dehumidifier.

I think though there is something else with the angle of the sun, and number of hours of daylight, that may affect immune system. Perhaps barometric pressure can be a factor, too. As increase in allergens of all kinds.

Have you tried going outside (in a.m. or evening) to avoid strong sun) for fresh air? I have trouble motivating myself to do it consistently, but when I do go out for a bit, I always feel better.

Fall is coming though: summer solstice is June 22 (longest day), and only 3 more months of "summer" after that!

Northstar

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also watch for those full moon phases, some lymies really feel it during those times!

I also tend to notice I go through little patterns throughout the days. (feel ok in morning, feel like crap during the day, feel decent at night)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunlight makes my wife's Lyme symptoms increase.
It is easy to predict how bad her symptoms will be by how much sun exposure she gets in any given day.

Just go out on a long boat ride on a sunny day and you will see what I mean.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Thanks iceskater for the support [kiss]

And thanks sixgoffykids ~ Thanks for the mold sugesstion. Our house is newly build so not sure about the mold but will have to look into it.

Thanks Northstar for you input ~ I do sit outside in the evenings sometimes when it's cool for a little while but don't feel much better . Will have to look for a humitifier read out thingie...

My inner mantra will have to be " Just three more months, three more months only three more months"

Bryon ~ Not thinkin full moon because it lasts all summer. But thanks, you guys are so the best ever.

Anyone else tank in the summer?

This is one crazy disease.

--------------------
5dana8

northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana,
One more thing , no , two more things:

There are UV systems you can retro-fit in your return vent system, for killing molds and fungus.

Also, new houses are very tight, i.e. lots of chemicals from paints, floor finishes, lumber, house wraps (under walls), new synthetic carpeting, dust, etc.

There are some air filtering systems, although very expensive, for chemicals. When one lives in a hot and humid environment, opening the windows for a breath of fresh air is an oxymoron !

Northstar

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Thanks northstar & clairenotes [kiss]

I have decided on a semi-plan. I sealed off 2 rooms in the house & open the window in there put a fan in front of the window to suck in ouside air. Will try to spend most of my time in these 2 rooms for the summer.

Last night slept with the windows open & cealing fans on. It was a coolsih nite so hubby wasn't too mad. Feel a tiny bit better today.

Maybe this will work, but not on hot nights. It gets in the 90's here durning the day & stiffling at night so not sure how this will work. Hubby runs hot & I run cold, but will give it a try. Not really looking forward to spending my time in 2 little rooms all summer but I'll do what I have to do.

Thanks for all your support. You guys are wonderful [kiss]

Blessings
Dana

ps: still going to get a humitifier read out thingie & check for mold

--------------------
5dana8

5dana8
Member # 7935

Does anyone else tank in the summer?

I am beginning to think I am a freak or it's all in my head like hubby thinks [Frown]

--------------------
5dana8

northstar
Member # 7911

No, you are not a head case ! I drag bad during these months...no zip, blah.....personality has to go into hibernation. Lack of energy, no movement, stagnation, affects immune system. Also, Spring is my time for upswing in symptoms, which I think has to do with more sunlight and seasonal hormone changes (yes folks, we are still animals).

Random survey sample at the local drugstore, during summer months reveals 50-50 split of "love it" and "(snarling) I feel like dogmeat, cant wait for Fall".

We are special people...dont forget that!

A change in latitude does wonders for the attitude.....just cant figure out how to do it permanently.

Northstar

iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dana: It's not in your head, The symptoms are very much real. I am beginning to think that I am tanking too.

Hang in there my friend, you know where to find me for help and encouragement.

[hi]

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Thnaks so much Northstar [kiss]

Without you guys I don't know how I would make it.

You know it can get hard when sometimes this disease & symptom changes & can't make rational sense & my family friends ect... can't relate & sometimes it's hard not to feel like a freak.

You guys are the best & I am eternally grateful for your support.

Northstar you make some very good points (((Hugs)))

Hoping for better days [group hug]
Dana

(((iceskater))) hugs

--------------------
5dana8

GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm another one who tanks in the summer!

And I live in Central Florida. The summers with the humidity are brutal for me!!

I'd move if I could!!

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel best in hot humid weather with sort of low barometric pressure...the climate of the Texas gulf coast is similar to central Florida.

The slightest chill and I feel sick...it was like that pre-lyme too...

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie,

I can't handle the heat OR the cold. If I sleep with my shoulder uncovered it gets so cold it hurts and I get a sore throat!

75 degrees with no humidity every day would be perfect!

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement