LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New Babs and Bart test?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Babs and Bart test?
Chia Pet
Member # 12399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chia Pet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read from a link posted on this site about Bartonella written by an LLMD, that there is a smear that is supposed to be highly detectable more so than any available.

I spoke with the LLMD's office and they are using it, and they are touting that they are "curing" people of babs and Bart 100%.
They keep doing the test until smear shows negativity.

I have what I think are Babs symptoms being brought out by Cowden protocol. I haven't worked for 2 years. I tested pos for Babs many many moons ago and was treated with the appropriate therapy then.

The symptoms I have also relate to Bart as well.... so throroughly confused. test neg for that too now. Was treated last year for bart.

This doc is taking new patients, but he doesn't take insurance like everyone else, and frankly after 2 years of not working, being denied SS, paying for supplements and maintaining my self employed health insurance, I am at my wits end.

I am considering begging, borrowing and stealing to get into see this guy who I would have to fly to (not in NY).

His office also says that they treat very differently for Babs and Bart than any other LLMD.

Am I dealing with a snake charmer here or what?

Asked my treating LLMD about the smears, but have not heard back yet about it.

Tired and fed up with this whole thing.

Anyone have experience with this LLMD and know what I am talking about without posting the link?

Posts: 85 | From here | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which LLMD is this that is suggesting they have a way to "cure" it? I have not seen any such "cure" being reported by any of the doctors but would be interested in more details. Would be a great step forward as I really do think Babs and Bart are likely more problematic for most of us than Borrelia itself.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested also, but how come no one else has heard of it? Shouldn't this LLMD make his protocol available to other LLMD's?
Posts: 561 | From eastcoast | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chia Pet
Member # 12399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chia Pet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shoney:
I'm interested also, but how come no one else has heard of it? Shouldn't this LLMD make his protocol available to other LLMD's?

I agree. I also think the test should be made public to all LLMD's. The response I got from the intake staff was:
"If the other docs are not smart enough to follow this, this is their issue."

She would nto release the name of the lab. Apparently it is being used by research docs right now, but he is using it as he is both.
meets with patients and does research.

The intake person also by touting that patients are all 100% cured, IMO was doing a great disservice to the doctor as 1) the State in which he practices in does not allow any physician to tout "cures" of any disease
2) it takes away credibility of the doctor and makes him look like a late night infomercial preying on sick people.

I made it clear I am not a newbie to this disease, and have a LLMD that actually has been quoted in his book.
[Roll Eyes]

I am tempted to see him, apprently he runs a whole gammut of tests and since I have yeast isues now and a house in Florida near water, wondering if I have mold issues as well internally.

Posts: 85 | From here | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds fishy to me. Our LLMD does the blood smears, but he is nowhere confident (or foolish) enough to claim a 100% cure!

By the way, when I had my blood smear done at this LLMD's lab, he said with the exception of a couple of dots, I had the cleanest blood slide he had seen on a healthy person.

I have tested positive for one band only, but after a month of zithromax, I'm feeling something stirring.

The blood test slides are great, but not 100% perfect.

By the way, Scott, I agree with you, my LLMD has mentioned several times that when he sees lyme, he is not as concerned as treating bart and babs. He says he can knock down lyme in about a year, it's the other two that take the largest commitment.

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chia Pet
Member # 12399

quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
Which LLMD is this that is suggesting they have a way to "cure" it? I have not seen any such "cure" being reported by any of the doctors but would be interested in more details. Would be a great step forward as I really do think Babs and Bart are likely more problematic for most of us than Borrelia itself.

I have to laugh because it was a physician who writes for your publication. Did not hear this from the doc himself, but someone who returns calls on his behalf.

So I suppose it is her word against mine, or better yet be accused of having Lyme/Babs/ Bart brain and do not know understand what someone is telling me.

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got it.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys,
Could this be Dr J.S? I don't know where his office is but he recently wrote about bartonella in a Public Health Alert, and also has a book out on babesia.....?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chia Pet
Member # 12399

quote:
Originally posted by CD57:
Guys,
Could this be Dr J.S? I don't know where his office is but he recently wrote about bartonella in a Public Health Alert, and also has a book out on babesia.....?

You would be correct.
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is writing a book on Bartonella soon to be released. I know he is looking at the best treatment options for Babesia and Bartonella as well. I have not heard of any new treatment for either at this point - variations of dosages and combinations of existing treatments maybe. Would be great if he has something coming... I will connect with him and see what I can find out.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chia Pet
Member # 12399

quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
He is writing a book on Bartonella soon to be released. I know he is looking at the best treatment options for Babesia and Bartonella as well. I have not heard of any new treatment for either at this point - variations of dosages and combinations of existing treatments maybe. Would be great if he has something coming... I will connect with him and see what I can find out.

I did not say he had a new treatment, just that I was told that he does things a little differently than other LLMDs which I assumed to be different variations of drugs/herbs currently available.

But why not share with the other LLMD's if his methods are effective?

Perhaps he is and maybe some LLMD's are skeptical or pleased with the results they are getting from more traditional protocols?

However, when you are writing and selling books on multiple topics, charging $675 to even look at him without a diagnosis plan until the next visit until test results come back, have 50 or so pages of waivers to be signed, one tends to think it's all about the money.

I understand liability issues, malpractice insurance rates are sky high, there are no definitive answers about this insiduous disease and its' friends, but I am interested in hearing from somebody who has seen him, been treated and has had positive results.

I have already seen multiple LLMDs who all have varying opinions and treatment protocols, so no newbie to all this.

I realize LLMD's have to be "researchers" and experiment with their patients to get to resolution, but research alone is a different practice like Dr. B is doing. He does just that and lectures. He is not taking patients at higher than average rates, hence my concern with this doctor.

adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wait, so IS it impossible to completely cure babs?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

No one can guarantee a 100% cure for anything. That kind of promise opens you up for malpractice.

For someone to say that the doctor they work for has the "CURE" and other doctors only wish they had it, is irresponsible.

Of course, I didn't talk to the person, I don't know the exact wording, but this is a warning for all who hear something like this comeing from a doctor who treats Lyme.

On our first visit, our LLMD said that he believes he could get my daughter in remission in 2 years give or take. We'll see, she is still pretty crappy at 18 months. Some improvement, but the deadline of 2 years is soft.

Chia Pet
Member # 12399

quote:
Originally posted by kelmo:
No one can guarantee a 100% cure for anything. That kind of promise opens you up for malpractice.

For someone to say that the doctor they work for has the "CURE" and other doctors only wish they had it, is irresponsible.

Of course, I didn't talk to the person, I don't know the exact wording, but this is a warning for all who hear something like this comeing from a doctor who treats Lyme.

On our first visit, our LLMD said that he believes he could get my daughter in remission in 2 years give or take. We'll see, she is still pretty crappy at 18 months. Some improvement, but the deadline of 2 years is soft.

Yes, "remission" being the operative word. There's so much more known today about this disease and it's friends, but who knows what more info tomorrow will bring.

I have great respect for anyone experimenting and doing research for this disease who has good intentions and I'll just leave it at that. [Wink]

Kelmo, I will be praying for the speediest recovery for you and your daughter.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement