LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cilantro

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cilantro
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anybody recommend a brand of cilantro and where to buy it online? I'm supposed to start taking it, but forgot to ask my LLMD for a recommendation.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought and occasionally use the biopure (website biopureus) cilantro tincture. Their products are expensive, but good quality and last a long time. Otherwise, I would probably just use cilantro in food.
Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to Gigi's good advice, I used the dragon river herbals Cilatro, which has a Dr. Klinghardt version.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. My LLMD wants me to take a number of supplements, including low doses of cilantro and chlorella, to prepare for a heavy metals test.

She finds that way patients aren't hit as hard when they take the large dose chelator for the test.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's toxic at all, the active ingredient just gets more potent when it's cooked.

In this part of the country we put it all over everything(except maybe ice cream)

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cilantro tincture does have a toxin that is neutralized by putting it in hot water. It is available from www.biopureus.com.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
naturx.net is where we order chorella that is recommended to be used with the Cowden protocol for one son......and it is not costly.

biopureus.com is where my other son has been getting his chorella.

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this case, it is very worthwhile to get the tincture. If it is applied right and with proper timing, it is so potent that some people react to a single drop. Tincture is much more concentrated. You really start using it counting the drops. The fresh cilantro does not have the same effect. It's been tried, believe me, why reinvent the wheel.

If you want to do a shortcut - get the cleanest organic cilantro you can find and a bottle of vodka and make your own tincture (takes a few weeks) I have done it many times - I made the parsley tincture that way ----because I don't have a donkey in the basement putting out the gold dollars. Any of you ever heard the fairytale about the donkey spitting gold coins out of his rear end? Must be a female donkey, if there is such a thing; is there? what is it called?

The cilantro is most effective, even more so than taking it by mouth, when rubbed in. Put it as I have described in previous posts (ankles or wrists -- counting drops) , or rub in (just a couple of drops, slowly increasing as you detox)in the occiput/ neck area, for instance if you have brain problems. Please start slow. This is what you cannot judge by eating a handful of salad, even if you heat it. You have little control over quantity.

Only use organic.

No Cilantro should be taken around time of dental work. Not intended for children or during pregnancy or when breast feelding except under the care of a licensed medical practitioner.

Neurotoxin remedies such as cilantro are easily taken up into the system transdermally because they are picked up by the nerves directly.
Take mop-up agents when taking it to avoid redistribution. It's a major problem with neurotoxin detox. Always think of supporting meds.

Check for cilantro in electrolyte solution (contains no alcohol).

Do not take cilantro early in the detox phase. It has a dramatic effect, but it is a late agent. You don't want to stir up the metals in the gut and take them to the brain. You want to clean the body out first, and then take agents like cilantro or DMSA or NAC, as late agents when there is nothing to take to the brain anymore.
Clear out the extracellular spaces first with chlorella -- then the cilantro has nothing to take up to the brain. At that point, cilantro tea(starting with 2-3 drops in hot water) and sipping slowly will quickly clear the brain of neurotoxins.

Do not take vitamin C with or around cilantro.
They cancel each other.

Cilantro causes the gallbladder do dumpt bile - containing the excreted neurotoxins into the small intestine. If no chlorella is taken, most neurotoxins are reabsorbed on their way down the small intestine.

Can't think of anything else right now, until a minute after I post it.

Take care.

And don't use cilantro if you still have amalgams in your mouth. Cilantro tincture crosses the blood brain barrier. Check Yoshiaki Omura, MD for research. I have seen it - it's available. But you can't patent an herb!

All taught by Dr. K. and experienced by us and thousands of others.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm even using it with my 3 year old daughter for a short period of time. Recommended by my doctor to eliminate both alumininum and mercury that she's got from me.

He told me only to rub on her ankles/ wrists though, that's what I'm doing with her 3x a week. Not to be ingested in her case.

I also use the biopure tincture, a bottle lasts quite some time.

I also learned that cilantro essential oil is a potent chelator, but somehow dangerous as the smell is strong (much stronger than tincture). I dilute it though and rub here and there when it tests better than the tincture.

I believe, the essential oil, when rubbed, reach deeper areas than the tincture. At least, that's how it's been 'testing' for me. It's just my own experience though, I need to take it one day to my naturopath and ask. I'll let you know what she says...

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

When I talk about cilantro, I am always referring to Cilantro tincture, because that is the form that is most effective for this purpose.

Many people with a neurological disease have reached the toxicity limits their body can handle. Therefore amalgam/mercury in the mouth, which is a deadly neurotoxin, is not acceptable when brain detoxification is attempted. Amalgam fillings release mercury for years and years.

Cilantro tincture is used more and more transdermally. If using a neuro-affinitive substance, it is taken up by the sympathetic nerves in the skin. To some degree it is also taken up by the lymphatics and by the veins; but any molecule that you get into the nerve endings ends up within 24 hours in the spinal cord and within another 24 hours in the brain.

Every drop counts ---- especially in the very early stages of use. I lived the experience of taking a couple too many!

This same principle is now used for kids with autism: transdermal DMPS to get the metals out.
It does not work well on hairy skin, and is not as effective on adults.

In fact, I use more and more substances that I want to take transdermally. I use DHEA that way lasering it in for a few seconds. It takes one drop - that's all. That corrects my whole hormonal picture. Many apply thyroid meds via skin.

Off to cook dinner!

P.S. This is roughly/basically how neurotoxin elimination is approached by Dr. K. in practice and as it is taught by him.
Autonomic Response Testing (ART) is the basis for all treatment protocols. In other words, if you test well for it, you use it, and use it in the form and amount tested. Exactly! Until retesting...

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Also Cilantro Tincture should be taken separately from garlic as well as away from Vitamin C.

Selma, I haven't heard of the cilantro oil here. It is probably tooo potent for many. Let us know what happens.

By the way, Cilantro Tincture is also an excellent anti-viral, per Dr. K.

And don't forget to take the mop-ups for the neurotoxin releases. If you don't, the battle with neurotoxins is a never-ending process. At least that is what I learned (the hard way) and even to this day follow after eating fish or following any toxic exposure.

Take care.

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, GiGi [Smile]

You said:
"In fact, I use more and more substances that I want to take transdermally. I use DHEA that way lasering it in for a few seconds. It takes one drop - that's all. That corrects my whole hormonal picture. Many apply thyroid meds via skin."

Could you elaborate a little on how you "laser it in", what instrument you use, how you do it, etc.? Perhaps I missed an earlier post about this....

Thanks -

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Tracy,

we do laser balancing using green and sometimes red lasers. Can be done with the real product or a homeopathic or without, of course. We have used lasers of various kind for quite some time/years. Look up www.nurseandi.com and check out Laser Balancing on her site.

I noticed recently --- have wanted to get rid of brown spot/aging that had accumulated on my hands especially while still ill --- a few seconds of the green laser pointer is gradually making them disapper. No other product with it. Just a few seconds of occasional lasering. Light! I posted a link on one of my posts today that shows the before and after pictures of someone's hands. Maybe you can find it. Got to go.

Take care.

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very kindly, GiGi. That link explained a lot.....

Also, I did find those `before and after' photos of age spots you referred to. Wow. Pretty amazing from one treatment!

All the best,
Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement