LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Banderol, anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Banderol, anyone?
CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been hearing some good things about Nutramedix's nutraceutical tincture Banderol for babesia and Lyme, but I also heard it's very strong and can cause herxing.

Does anyone here have any experience with this herb?

I'm thinking of trying it, after I'm on cumanda therapeutic dose for a month.

Thanks,
Cherylsue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking cumanda/burbur since July with modest success. I started Amoxicillin a few weeks ago and I've been herxing all over again. I'm thinking of dropping the amoxy for awhile, and starting banderol to replace one of my doses of cumanda.

Does anyone know if banderol is effective for babesia? I think I have the Lyme thing down, but suspect I had/have babesia.

Does anyone here have experience with banderol?

Thanks,
CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pdfs/banderol_flyerB.pdf
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Gigi,

What is your opinion of herbal vs. abx? I've been on a modified Cowden since July. My LLMD put me on amoxicillin in October and I've herxed so bad, I've had to back down twice.

I'm tempted just to stay on the modified cowden for awhile.

Is it possible to get better on herbs alone? Or do I have the best chance with herb and ABX?

Don't ABX affect your immune system negatively?

I respect your opinion and experience.

Thanks for your reply.

CherylSue

CherylSue
Member # 13077

gigi?
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheryl

Do a "search" for Gigi or Scott posts and you will find her input on just this subject.

You also can go to Scott's website for similar advice on protocols.

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

CherylSue,

"What is your opinion of herbal vs. abx? I've been on a modified Cowden since July. My LLMD put me on amoxicillin in October and I've herxed so bad, I've had to back down twice.

I'm tempted just to stay on the modified cowden for awhile.

Is it possible to get better on herbs alone? Or do I have the best chance with herb and ABX?

Don't ABX affect your immune system negatively?"

Cheryl, sorry I missed your post. Maybe you have had a chance to read some of Scott's and my posts
as Valy suggested.

The one thing I would like to stress is that Dr. LC's protocol is usually not recommended to a patient without him also recommending, energetically testing (kinesiology/muscletesting/ART), treating colon, heavy metals, etc. I have watched him and listened to him for many years and his treatment is really based on his belief that Lyme is difficult to treat with abx and herbals if the other aspects are not addressed. He also believes that Lyme is a multifactorial problem where they whole eco-system/body plays a role.

I have done both abx and herbals and a lot more besides these. But since I was always tested energetically with muscle testing, ART, it became obvious that my body was not fit to handle anymore abx after about 3 months. Since I still lived with the same brainfog and pain as I did when I started abx, my new doctor recommended a change to herbals. I still was tested in between to see if I would tolerate abx and whenever that was positive, I did use some -- never longer than about 3 weeks at a stretch. Then I turned against them.

I rarely had a herx, but any time I took a "killing" agent, abx or herbal, or even just physical therapies that would tend to help mobilize toxins and kill, I always was instructed to take a lot of mop-up agents/binding agents. I have posted about them. That obviously kept my bad days to a minimum. I can honestly not tell what a herxheimer is. Yes, one day maybe a little worse than others - but not the type of herxes I hear from people here on the board. It is the toxins, the dead proteins, that make us feel sick, and it can be minimized with supporting agents -- more than just lemon and water -- . I listed binding agents/mop-up agents in many of my posts.

I could not tolerate longterm abx and I am not sure who can without damage. I also feel that the negative effect of continued abx is not a positive for healing. I do not want to pay that price and want to keep healthy organs. More people die of fungi and mold today (I read some statistics from Germany today) than years ago.

My choice today if I could not tolerate abx would be Ozonated Rizole Oils and Freezedried Garlic.
Ozonated Rizole Oils give the broadest coverage for literally any microbe (most of them contina Artemesia as well) and the Garlic adds even more viral med to the whole thing.

It helps to find a good muscle tester who can help decide which ones of the different antimicrobials work best for a person at certain times. You could test (energetically) the Buhner herbs, the Cowden herbs, as well as the Rizoles and garlic, plus the supporting agents that would help alongside, and of course also abx to see how you react.

It is difficult to say and like shooting in the dark unless you find a way of testing beforehand what your body most likely can tolerate now. It does change from time to time.

I do wish I could help more. Feel free to contact me privately.

Take care.

sharing my experiences.

P.S. Whether Banderol works for you or not, I know from other people being tested on it - that it is not the easiest of the Cowden herbs. If you do, go slowly with it.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Gigi,

Thanks for your informative post. What is muscle testing? Is it something I can do on myself?

I tried looking up your posts, but can't get further than 50 posts. I don't know how to work this board to go back further than that.

Thanks again. I did see a top LLMD, Dr. C of MO. However, it's antibiotics for months on end. I'm not sure I can tolerate them at this point. I had amoxicillin at the tail end of my previous relapse, and it seemed to get me over the hump. Now, I just can't seem to tolerate it more than 5 days in a row.

How many drops of cumanda do you take? I can tolerate 15 drops/twice daily.

How do I PM you should I have further questions. There's no icon on your thread to do so.

Thanks so much for your help.

CherylSue

[ 11. November 2007, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: CherylSue ]

GiGi
Member # 259

Cheryl,
feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

If you are doing 15 drops Cumanda twice daily, you are doing a lot more than many other people can tolerate.

Notice it is a broad spectrum antimicrobial. http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pdfs/cumanda_flyer_Bs.pdf

Take care.

Oh, forgot, I no longer take anything. I have been very well for a number of years. Just sharing here.

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Thanks, Gigi. That's what I like to hear - someone who has fought the battle with Lyme and is comfortably in remission. I was feeling blue tonight thinking I may never get better, but you just made my day.

Talk to you later.

Nite Nite,
CherylSue

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement