LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please help-really down

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help-really down
shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really getting depressed. Was starting to feel sort of good-had a few days where I thought I "kicked" lyme. My LLMD decided we should try to wean off, felt left-over sx were adrenal, gut etc

Stopped zith Sat a week ago, kept up with 2 bactrim a day. The following Tues I felt awful-shakey, tired generally sick and horrible stomach (ongoing proplem), really bad palps and fast heartrate. Cut bactrim to 1x/day this past Sat-feel awful in the morning, somewhat better as the day wears on.

Today was awful-can you relapse that quick? I did start adrenal supplements, that's the only thing that changed-

Could it be my body is detoxing all the leftover stuff;relapse, adrenal issues gone wild?

Please help. LLMD wants me to tough it out to next week, then call-could be hormones?

I really don't want to go back on abx after 14 months. (I started tx 9 weeks after bite!)

Posts: 561 | From eastcoast | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coinfections comes to mind

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Visual Afterimage Man
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Visual Afterimage Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you feel like you are slipping back into he!!.

Call your doc. Impress on him how you are feeling.

Yes, coinfections come to mind. Babs can be the cluprit of the heart palps and anxiety.

You will get back to feeling normal again. This is a bump in the road. There are many.

--------------------
26 months of treatment. And counting.......

Posts: 298 | From Northeast Kansas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be concerned about coinfections, especially babs with the heart palps. And, babs symptoms can come back that quickly.

I had a short break of a week off my meds for GI issues. My babs symptoms came back in a couple days, so I was instructed to stay off all other meds and start the Mepron. Within a week, I started back on the others.

My LLMD has had good results putting people on Cowden herbs if they have trouble coming off abx when he's thinking they're done with treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey shoney,
I am so so sorry to hear this is happening to you.

Do call your doctor and let him know you are not doing good. I am sure from there you guys can figure out a good plan to get you feeling better and on the healthy path again.

Try to stay positive, even though we all know it is hard to do. I myself am usually bumbed out. But we know staying positive is an amazing way to improve your health.

I want to see your name in the success stories. You will get there. Just keep that in mind. You WILL get there. [group hug]

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey... Sorry you are having a rough day.

Quick thoughts to try to help.. if possible.

Dr. B... THE Dr. B... has commented than if someone relapses shortly after stopping therapy.. look for Bartonella.

BUT.. I am not sure this is a relapse.

You said.. "Could it be my body is detoxing all the leftover stuff;relapse, adrenal issues gone wild?"

Yes, you can still herx after stopping meds.

The adrenal issues and new meds are also suspect.

Also an intolerance to Bactrim.

I don't know what it is that is happening.. and I KNOW it is SO depressing to think it is coming back on you that fast and hard...

BUT.. there are other explanations that are plausible and need to be checked out.

Now I want you to listen to me here. Listen good!

This is NOT a request or a suggestion. It is an ORDER!

DON'T go rolling down the hill emotionally YET!

This is one of the hardest.. if not THE hardest... times to deal with. Your reaction is NORMAL and many experience it.

Hang in there and settle down. It WILL get better.

ok???

I'll be wishing and hoping for better days SOON!

And as the annoying Tincup strolls off into the distance (none too soon if you ask me)... she is singing...

"Don't worry.. be hoppy."

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your kind words-I just stopped the bactrim today. I started feeling crappy 3 days after I stopped the zith-my LLMD says bart comes back around 2 weeks, lyme a month. Didn't ask about babs.

I am going to try to tough it out-I feel my body is in "shock" from weaning off meds after over a year-especially zith. I've been on bactrim for 5 months..glad to get off it. I read it can cause hypoglycemia-not a good combo with stressed adrenals.

Anyone else have problems coming off meds..?

How long can you herx for after stopping meds?

PS_I did treat babs-3 weeks mepron with art, followed by 2 rounds of 3 weeks art, 1 off, then 1 month of malarone/zith/art. My LLMD said the bactrim would also hit babs.

Posts: 561 | From eastcoast | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement