LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » symptoms of diabetes? due to TBIs? anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: symptoms of diabetes? due to TBIs? anyone?
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am starting to have all the symptoms of diabetes, but my blood sugar tests are always OK. I used to suffer low blood sugar (30-40) and get terrible low blood pressure drops, was diagnosed with POTS.

My blood pressure has increased over the last few years and blood sugar has increased to now around 100.

lately I am having claudication and had a arterial duplex showed plaques and evidence of arterial occlusive disease but the blood flow within normal limits

i cant walk much anymore. i don't smoke and my cholesterol is good (152 with good ratio) so there is no reason to have fibrin deposits, except for lyme

and I cant breath. i get terrible shortness of breath. i have thought it was air hunger, babs, but LLMD is reluctant to assume its babs without ruling out other things

I have had "attacks" which i thought were gall bladder or GERD where I get pain in chest, breathing gets very shallow and rapid to the point a few times I have gotten lethargic and passed out.

a few times I noticed it happened after meals, but not all the time after every meal, and I haven't been able to trace it to food allergies

i don't think its my lungs because its transient. its not anxiety because xanax doesn't help.

now I am losing my vision. I can't see small print anymore, and its getting blurry. I have had episodes of double vision and nystagmus for a few years, but these other issues are new

are these all symptoms of TBI's or some sound like something else? anyone else go through this

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why exactly he is reluctant to treat. he is pretty certain I have it.

maybe because i have bart, and if I go on mepron I will have to go off the rifampin and the bart will come back

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
roro, request that your dr. order a A1C blood test checking 3 month level of sugar in your blood. anything 6.0 is DIABETES!

good luck to you especially on the eyesight restrictions! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

I will ask my dr about it next time, but I do not think my blood sugar could be high if every time I test it it is never over 110, fasting or not fasting.

i just wonder if anything can cause all the symptoms of diabetes without sugar being high.

I even get a lot of yeast infections too, and not from the antibiotics, this was long before antibiotics. not the "female" yeast infections, but thrush, candida of the gut, skinfolds, etc.

i pretty much have every symptom of diabetes now. maybe something else is wrong that has all the same symptoms

Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be something with your autonomic nervous system? I work with a doctor in Gaithersburg, MD on autonomic nervous system disorders. PM me if you want his contact info.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

yes, I do have autonomic dysfunction, was diagnosed 5 years ago. PM me the dr
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

i started taking my blood pressure today and its been very low. 90/50

no wonder I feel like crap [Frown]

Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what 90/55 feels like. I spend the whole day on the couch except to run to McDonald's and sodium load.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement