LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » NEW SURVEYon ABX Usage - Survey Closed, Results @ End of this Topic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW SURVEYon ABX Usage - Survey Closed, Results @ End of this Topic
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please take 5 minutes out of your day to help me collect data on useful antibiotics.

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB227KEDG2MVM
or
http://tinyurl.com/yscr6d

[group hug]

This survey is CLOSED and the results are at the end of this Topic. - Lou B

[ 06. April 2008, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Lou B ]

Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will post the results for all to use when we lock the survey. This is completely confidential.
Thanks

Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
done!
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Thanks, I hope we get a great deal more so we can generalize some of the results.
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LymeNetters, [hi]

The survey linked in this initial Topic post is being conducted by an independent researcher who has the skills and training to conduct this type of survey. This researcher is also a victim of TBD's. Hopefully the data will be useful to LymeNet users, to the overall Lyme / TBD community, to Lyme and TBD treating professionals and possibly other researchers.

This survey is not sponsored or endorsed by LymeNet.
Your participation in this survey is strictly voluntary.

When you click on either survey link you will leave the LymeNet Flash and will be re-directed to a survey web site that is not associated with LymeNet.

If you have any questions or concerns about this survey please address them to the researcher conducting this survey via LymeNet private message (PM) to the author of this Topic.

Batteries not included ... no warranties expressed or implied (joke).

On a personal note ... I encourage all LymeNet users to participate in this survey and hope the data collected sheds some definitive light on TBD's and treatments.

Take care,

[ 15. March 2008, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Lou B ]

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something seems wrong; whenI click to put in my dosage it erases my choice of how good the drug was.

Can't seem to answer both things.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
done

monica, only thing i noticed that you didn't have on here that would have been helpful.

when we WERE on 1 or more of abx, you didn't have in there;

did you see any changes in .... ...

but NOT have NO IMPROVEMENT NOTICED
------------------------------------

and when i was on a med; i showed dosage/length of time vs. was it good/okay.

when i clicked on answers it didn't appear to have done anything except for NEVER USED boxes where a check mark appeared.

good luck on your/our lyme survey! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Yeah there are limitations for what I can collect this way as with multiple abx. This is the first one so we can have more when we refine it. I will figure out a way to do that next. I will check on the issues you and Tracy mentioned with clicking now. I think everything is working fine now. Thanks

I will post the responses later this week. Not sure how long I will keep it open yet...see how many repsonses we get.

Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

If you want to see the ongoing results you can click the following link. I cannot show the typed in results until the end..like dosage and length of time. I will post that when we close the survey.

http://tinyurl.com/25az75

Thanks, enjoy!

stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica......done.

Good luck!

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
monica, i enjoyed your colorful table of answers so far! amazing how many of us are over 40 and of course; majority have had 5 years easily!! [Wink] [group hug]
IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica:

I filled it out but have been treating so long and with the memory problems and all not sure how accurately I remember things. Sorry.

--------------------
RV

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed a couple of things. You ask where we live now, but not when we believe we were infected. That's over 1,100 miles apart!

I've been ill so long, and have so many symptoms it's easier for me to note what my herx symptoms were than what symptoms were improved.

There is a lot of overlap and I can't be sure what has hit what. It will take longer than 23 months to treat over 40 years of infection.

I know I feel overall better, but not certain which symptoms improved with which drugs, especially when on three or more at a time.

Perhaps this is easier for those who are less ill than I am.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Thanks for the suggestions. Just do the best you can for now. Thanks
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

I am also blocked from adding new drugs at this point but I will put them on the next one...so keep posting suggestions.
Such as Omnicef.
And abx combos.

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea. I took the survey, but can't recall whether or not I have had some of the abx listed.

I also am still very low functioning but slowly improving. Been on abx since 2003.

Ketek was the first abx that helped with waking up feeling like a truck had run me over..but also could be just from long term abx usage.

Also LLMD is limited on what he can prescribe me due to not having funds to pay out of pocket and insurance denying many of the perscriptions.

Thinking of canceling insurance so I can get meds through drug companies as they will not provide it if I have insurance.

[ 26. March 2008, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trish4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trish4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done [Smile]
Posts: 370 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done.

I wish I would have kept better track of this info....

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same problem as someone else had. When I put in the dose, it erased my rating on how well the drug has done, just fyi....
Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica,

Will you let us know the results?

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Hi Kam
You can click on http://tinyurl.com/25az75
anytime to see the bulk results. When I close the survey you will also be able to see the dosage and other comments. 82 responses so far...good.

lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't done the survey yet but did look at it. One thing I noticed is that the symptoms most associated with babesia--weight loss, night sweats, etc--are not included in the list of symptoms under mepron and malarone drugs.

As someone else mentioned, when you try several drugs over a period of time, it is hard to say just which one helped the most, just that you have reduced the severity and number of symptoms overall.

Good that it asks for length of time after bite before treatment started. That seems to be the main predictor of chronicity.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tic chick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tic chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done.

Thanks Monica. Can't wait to see results. They will be posted here?

Tic

--------------------
Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes it's jewels with. � Robert Leighton

Daily world-wide prayers welcome for the Lyme Community - every day at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time � all faiths welcome!

Posts: 309 | From S.E. Mass | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Yes I will post the results when we reach 100.
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how many do you have now? [confused]
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

We have 97 so far....3 more [Smile]
Then I will figure out how to do a combo abx survey. This will be toughy.

bettyg
Unregistered

monica, thx for the update! wow 3 MORE NEEDED TO FINALIZE THIS SURVEY!!

HOPE others will take the time to see your post on top of page!! [Wink]

Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

I closed the survey..
The bulk results are at.. http://tinyurl.com/25az75

The open ended responses are:

1. What geographic region do you live in?
# Response
1 Europe but from North East
2 uk
3 Mid-atlantic/ West Virginia
4 Mid Atlantic
5 Mid-Atlantic
6 I was bit in Mid West, but now in North East
7 California, but the tick bit me in Illinois
8 Singapore
9 central east (kentucky)
10 Florida
11 Ireland
12 Austin TX

3. What were you diagnosed with?
# Response
1 chlammydia pneumonnae, Cryptostrongylus pulmoni
2 hhv-6, ebv 3 STRAINS, and lyme
3 EBV
4 Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
5 CMV
6 chlamydia pneumonia
7 mononucleosis
8 Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Anaplasmosis
9 in process of testing for others
10 riccketssia
11 Colorado Tick Fever
12 possible babesiosis/bartonella

5. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? CEFTIN
# Response
1 21 days after doxy
2 1000mg bd -9mths
3 3 mnths, 500 mg bid
4 500mg 2x day
5 1000 mg daily, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off for 1 year
6 5 months
7 500 x2
8 500 mg 2X day/5 months
9 12 weeks Rocephin, same thing right?
10 500 mg 2x a day....2yrs
11 don't remember, but it just casyed resistance
12 400 mg 2/day 2 months
13 Generic-whatever Dr C's standard rx is
14 3,000 mg/day X 10 months
15 6 months, IV 2g
16 don't remember dosage for 3 months
17 500 mg 2x for 6 months
18 3000MG BID 6 1/2 months
19 7 weeks, 1 gm.
20 250mg twice daily was on it at least 3 months.
21 off and on 2 years- 250mg/2daily
22 500mg 2 pills 2x a dy
23 Had allergic reaction; don't remember dosage
24 around 3 months, in combination with doxycycline
25 Short time caused headache to intensify

7. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? PENICILLIN VK
# Response
1 2000mg for one week
2 Not sure but it was high, at least 3 months
3 3 b-cillian shots
4 just started amox 6 grams a day
5 2months 4x a day =1000mgs
6 very short cour from dentist but noticeable effect
7 I took penicillin much later - it did nothing

9. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? MEPRON
# Response
1 Twice a day, two months
2 1 tsp bid for 3 months
3 only 4 weeks not sure yet!
4 3 months
5 2 tsp bd -5mths -no improvement
6 So far, used for 2.5 months. 2 teasoopns/day
7 2 months, 1 tsp bid
8 3 months
9 1 teaspoon 2x's a day
10 2x day-1 tsp
11 6 weeks, 2 tsp daily
12 1/4 tsp 2-3x week. More affects my liver enzymes.
13 1 tsp bid for 5 months
14 750 mg PO BID x 3 months, had 3 relapses so far
15 9 months, 2 tsp, twice daily
16 1 tsp/BID, 7 months and counting
17 1/2 tsp, 1x day, 6 months and counting.
18 1 tsp. 2x day for 6 months
19 2 tsp 2x per day 4 months so far
20 3-4 doses per day, NOT only 2 and x 6 months
21 3.5 months 2x a day spoonful each time
22 1 week, forget dosage
23 5 rounds (5 ml 2x/day) a total of 180 weeks.
24 2 or 3 spoonfuls a day for a couple of months
25 2 3-week courses, for Possible Babesia

11. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? MALARONE
# Response
1 not sure
2 500MG TWICE A DAY FOR 3 MONTHS
3 6 months standard dose
4 8 months
5 3 months once a day, had relapse
6 5 months, 1-3 tablets per day
7 100 mg 1x day 5 mths.
8 250/100 mg 2 pills 3x/day for 3 months
9 dose:not sure. duration:2 sequences, 5 week ea.
10 1 year +

13. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? LEVAQUIN
# Response
1 500mg 3 mths cycles for past 2 yrs BEST MED
2 2 weeks so far. 500 mg/day
3 12 days
4 500 mg daily for 2 weeks
5 500mg po bid in fourth month
6 500 mg., 12 weeks
7 don't recall
8 500 mg 2X day for 3 months
9 500 mg /day x 9 months
10 3.5months 2x a day forgetdosagehigh thoughhadtendo
11 Don't remember dosage, 4 months
12 500 mg for 4 weeks
13 500mg PO Q D
14 typical IV dose, 4+ months
15 500mg 1 pill a day

15. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? BIAXIN
# Response
1 500 mg bid for3 1/2 months
2 500mg twice a day 7m
3 standard dosage about 6wks
4 1-2 years
5 500mg bd - 2 mths
6 Allergic to sulfas
7 1 year, 500 mg bid
8 500 mg 2/daily; 18 mo. PULSED w/doxy
9 6 months
10 500 mg 1 pill 2x day
11 1000 mg daily for 1 year
12 1000mg a day (6 months-twice)-taken with plaquenil
13 filling in the answers that didn't stick last time
14 Biaxin 500 mg BID
15 500 mg, twice daily
16 500 x2
17 BID, 8 months and counting
18 500 q12h, 2 months so far
19 1,00-2,00 mg/day x 2 years
20 2x a day 250mgs each time
21 few days.very harsh on stomach.no time to work
22 used for resp inf- not helpful with lyme s/s
23 500 mg 2x for 6 months
24 2000MG BID 6 1/2 months
25 1 week 500mg

17. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? FLAGYL
# Response
1 2-3 months
2 400mg tid pulsed 1 wk every mth. BUT severe herxes
3 Pulsed for one week per month.
4 3 days; terrible herx; STOPPED;don't remember dose
5 500 mg on and off 3 years
6 1000 mg daily for 1 month
7 750MG DAILY 3 DAYS A WEEK 1 YEAR
8 1000mg 5 days a month pulse
9 flagyll 250 BID
10 500
11 I started having heart problems on it - 3 weeks
12 250 mg 2xday 1 month
13 Generic-whatever Dr C's standard rx is
14 500mg daily for six weeks
15 500 mg 4x/day x 4 months, then pulsed x 1 year
16 3 x a day 250mgs each time
17 4 weeks, ?dosage,used for C-Diff from other abx
18 used 5 years ago with pulse therapy-not helpful
19 500 mg 2x for 14 days on off 7 for 16 weeks stil
20 500 mg 2 x per day 5 months
21 500 mg bid - 5 months
22 1500 mg/day 6 weeks
23 250 mg x2 daily; bad reaction after 7 days (twice)
24 1000mg a day x three months
25 100mg QD IV

19. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? ZITHROMAX
# Response
1 250mg once a day for three months
2 just started 6 weeks ago 500mg twice a day
3 not sure
4 250mg bid -6mths -no benefit
5 Allergic to it.
6 500 mg bid
7 500 mg 2 months
8 250 mg 1 pill 2x day
9 1000 mg daily, made me very ill to stomach taken o
10 600MG DAILY FOR 3 MONTHS
11 500mg a day (2+ months) taken with amantadine
12 250mg MWF
13 250mg po bid for 8 months
14 Zitromax 250 mg BID
15 one dose of zpak - major major herx - no use afte
16 1/2 of a 125 pill 1xday, 13 mos and counting.
17 750 mg a day
18 500 mg 2x a day....4 months
19 1 BID on and off for 1+ yrs
20 Just started 250mg 2xday
21 Generic-whatever Dr C's standard rx is
22 500 mg daily several months/two rounds tx w/Mepron
23 1,200 mg/day X 1.5 years
24 30 days flagl then 30 days zithromax-pulse treatme
25 500 mg 2x day for 14 days

21. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? BACTRIM
# Response
1 800-160 1 1/2 pills 2x's a day on and off for 2 y
2 with mepron 2 x a day 250 a each time
3 2 DS tabs/day off and on for years
4 1000mg a day x 60 days
5 500mg/2daily
6 cant remember
7 1 pill 2x day 800-160
8 2 weeks; not sure of dose
9 1 bactrim DS- 4 to 6 times aday -Works for Babs -

23. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? RIFAMPIN
# Response
1 300mg bid -3mths -not as effective as levaquin
2 4 months and ongoing
3 1000 mg daily for 2 weeks
4 300mg po bid for 6 months
5 Rifampin 200 mg per day
6 300-600 mg/day x 6 weeks
7 2 x a day 250 mg each time with minocin
8 300 mg BID for 5 weeks
9 600mg daily
10 300mg 2 pills 1x a day
11 2 500 mg 2x daily Starting 2nd month

25. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? CIPRO
# Response
1 can't remember
2 po bid for 10 weeks
3 21 days
4 250 2x a day
5 500mg 2X/day for 30 days
6 500 mg twice daily for 2 months
7 1000 mg for 1 month on 2 seperate occasions
8 1 -500mg - 2X aday- did help but not much -
9 Strong herx on first dose for UTI, 10d, need more.

27. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? TETRACYCLINE
# Response
1 KETEK? was my favorite think it is what got me bet
2 1 year, 750 mg bid
3 1 pill 4x day, don't remember the dosage
4 200MG TWICE A DAY FOR 1 YEAR
5 1500mg daily; 6 months (twice)
6 500mg TID approximately 2 years into treatment
7 1500 mg daily
8 Adoxa-high dosage
9 2000 mg/day for months at a time
10 400 mg 5 months
11 Used Doxycycline, 200mg/day, then 400mg/day, 6 mos
12 Doxi 600mg aday for 2 years -
13 Doxy 2 500 mg 2xdaily

29. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? SUPRAX
# Response
1 whatever the regular dose is
2 dont remember
3 don't remember

33. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? Tinidazole
# Response
1 500mg tid -3mths -not as effective as flagyl
2 1000 mg daily, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off - 1 yr
3 250mg po tid for 6 months
4 250 mg 2X day, 2 months
5 250 mgs 2 x a day
6 500 mg 2 x for 14 on 7 off for 2 weeks
7 for 4 months
8 1000mg 3 times a day so far for 4 weeks
9 2G/day
10 500mg? twice a day
11 Six months 1000mg a day
12 1pill 2X a day - not sure of dose

35. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? Plaquenil
# Response
1 200 mg day for 3mos
2 2x day 4?years
3 200 mg bid
4 1 pill 2x day with another antibiotic
5 200mg po bid for 8 months
6 plaquenil 100 mg? BID
7 BID
8 200 mg 2xday
9 250 mg 2x a day....4 months
10 1 BID for 18 months
11 Just started 200mg 2/day
12 can't recall dosage, not high
13 200 mg, unfortunately medication reaction
14 300 mg 2x four months
15 200mg 1 pill 2x daily
16 2xday, all drugs in combo-don't know which works
17 200mg BID
18 200 mg 2xday 6 mos
19 don't recall
20 cant remember

37. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? MINOCYCLINE
# Response
1 100mg bid -9mths -best lyme med 4 neurolyme
2 100 mg 2x's daily
3 1 pill 2x day
4 100MG TWICE A DAY
5 100mg po bid for 12 months
6 200 mg 2x a day
7 100 mg 2x a day....2yrs
8 100mg three times a day for neuroprotection
9 again, I take so many hard to say which one helps
10 200mg/3/daily
11 cant remember
12 1 -100mg-2X aday
13 made headache worse

39. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? ROCEPHIN
# Response
1 3 months IV, 2 grams
2 2gms a day for 6 wks the last tx 2003
3 2g bid pulsed 4 days/wk -2mths
4 2 grams/day for 10 weeks
5 once a day- longest treatment was 8 1/2 months
6 2Gms IV 5 days/week for 11 1/2 months
7 2 Grams IV daily for 4 months
8 2 gm per dat iv - 2 weeks
9 12 weeks 2 grams day
10 10 days before gallstones
11 2g 2x a day 4 on 3 off..4months
12 2grams twice a day for one month; dr wanted 3 mos
13 2 grams per day X 4 months
14 6 months IV
15 2mg 2x day for 4 on 3 off still on 17th week
16 2 gr 1x/day for a total of 10 weeks
17 2 grams QD 28 days
18 2gm 7 weeks
19 2g daily 3 months
20 2 g BID 5 days a week for 6 weeks
21 6 weeks IV x1 daily
22 2 grams daily 9 mos +
23 500mg QD IV
24 5 months 2 grams
25 3 weeks

41. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? DOXYCYCLINE
# Response
1 10m 200mg -300mg
2 100 mg twice day for 1 mo
3 4 weeks
4 30 days, 2 a day. Think 500 mg
5 not sure
6 200mg bid -1 yr -(1st tx yr)
7 100 mg tid
8 100 mg twice daily [200] pulsed for 20 mo. w/biax
9 had too many stomach problems
10 200MG TWICE A DAY FOR 1 YEAR
11 200mg a day - not useful
12 200mg daily 4months
13 200mg/day switched to Mino after GI bleed in 8 day
14 doxycycline 100 mg BID
15 200-300 mg per day
16 200 mg/BID
17 100 mg 2X day, 4 weeks
18 50; 3 x per week. Currently on; less than 1 month
19 4 months 400 mg a day
20 1 BID then 1 TID (300 mg?) for 1 1/2 yrs
21 200 mg a day 1 month
22 200 mg q2h; 4 months
23 Adoxa - high dosage
24 400mg a day for six wks; hated it but effective
25 400 mg/day x 3 months

43. Please rate the following medication in order of its usefulness? AMOXICILLIN
# Response
1 too long ago don't remember benefits
2 3 months
3 can't remember
4 1 500 mg 2x day, also up to 3 grams daily
5 500mg a day for 6 weeks - it was ok
6 2500mg po tid for 2 months
7 6 months, 3000 MG a day
8 7 grams a day 9 months
9 Just started 6 grams a day
10 4-5 months at 3000mg per day w/1500mg probenecid
11 8,000 mg/day X 8 months
12 500 mg 2 X for 2 months
13 1500 mg/day for 3 months
14 500 mgs 2 x per day (with biaxin) one year still o
15 3-6G/day off and on for years
16 100 mg qd, 7 days
17 1year, 3 grans 2/day
18 500 mgs 2x daily 9 months
19 6000mg daily 2 mos
20 500mg/2daily
21 up to 6 grams, 1+ year
22 6 months 4000 mg
23 3 x500mg aday - helped some
24 6g/day, around a year and a couple months total.
25 not useful, tried, but didn't help at all. 3 weeks

bettyg
Unregistered

thanks for your results monica!
kam
Member # 3410

Brain and vision are not working well enough to come to a conclusion on this.

What abx helped?

Did they help?

How did they help?

I know with me lyme symptoms come back when I am off abx...but am still pretty low functioning while on abx.

Wondering if it is like valley fever and diflucan.

The diflucan keeps the fungus from running a muck in the body but doesn't actually heal a person of valley fever.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement