LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need help - Opening Prayer for LLMD speaker

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help - Opening Prayer for LLMD speaker
luvdogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody have any ideas on and opening prayer that references health and healing and maybe even Lyme for Monday's Dr. R. speech?

I am responsible for coming up with this and my brain has stopped working [Smile]

It should be short and sweet and hopefully get to the crux of what we are trying to accomplish with spreading awareness about Lyme...

I appreciate all of your support and input re. this event!

You guys are the backbone if this and your support will be acknowledged at the presentation!

Luvdogs [kiss]

Posts: 588 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can edit or add if you want AND say this excerpt is from one of Dr. R's patients:

"I spent the first 30 years of my life truly believing that I was mentally ill, physically weak and a walking hypochodriac.

My whole life changed one beautiful summer day in 2002 when a kind man's face look directly into my eyes and said, "You have Lyme Disease and based on your physical and mental history, I believe you've had this disease since you were just a little tike."

Tears of relief streamed down my face and I barely mumbled to him, "I just thought I was weak and some freak of nature."

He looked at me thoughtfully and said, "You are the furthest thing from being weak. You are incredibly strong to have survived this disease for so many years while still living a productive life. You should be proud of yourself."

(end of my quote, now act like these are YOUR words):

The general population have no idea the astronimcal toll that is taken on one's mind, body and soul when living with Lyme Disease and co-infections, especially when you don't even have a proper diagnoses.

It is only by spreading the word, educating others and being advocates of our own health, while helping others who are struggling, that we can overcome this horrific disease that destroys so many lives...and so unecessarily.

Knowledge is power and we are all here today to support a man that has restored faith, hope and health to so many through his hard work and dedication to such a complicated mission.

With these words, I ask you to pray for all of those suffering in silence, all of those suffering during treatment and, finally, to welcome a highly empathetic and intelligent man to speak of what he knows best.

Please join me in welcoming Dr.R."

[ 23. April 2008, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Clarissa ]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tic chick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tic chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luvs,

http://www.alighthouse.com/healing2.htm

http://www.alighthouse.com/prayerofhealing.htm

alighthouse.com

Blessings,
Tic

--------------------
Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes it's jewels with. � Robert Leighton

Daily world-wide prayers welcome for the Lyme Community - every day at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time � all faiths welcome!

Posts: 309 | From S.E. Mass | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparrow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father,we know that you know the cure for all

diseases. We ask that you would end the

suffering of all of the patients who are sick

with tickborn diseases and lift the many burdens

that go along with their illnesses. Please open

pathways for research and patient freedom that

will result in healing for us all. Thank you

for the servants you have raised up for this

cause--the doctors and nurses who have faced

ridicule from their colleagues, the people who

are working tirelessly to obtain patients

rights for treatment. Grant them all the wisdom

and courage to continue in their efforts.

Lastly, bless us all as only you can do.

Posts: 177 | From God's Grace | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvdogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all of you! I am going to work these from a few angles combined and come up with something when my brain can do it!

Clarissa - I will be holding the purple pill while I do [Smile]

Posts: 588 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let the purple pill guide you to the perfect introduction.

I have one more from my daily affirmation book:

Titled:
Suffering

Today I will not hide my pain and suffering from myself or my Higher Power. When I bring my most honest and pure self to the fore and understand my essential powerlessness over situations, when I am truly willing to turn over this angst to a power greater than myself, something changes.

I let go and create space for a shift in perception. I experience a quiet awakening in my life, and forces that did not have room to enter come to heal.

It is in letting go that I have a chance of achieving what I desire in my life. Holding on pushes away what I want, while releasing lets it all have enough breathing room so it can stay alive.

I open my heart to my Higher Power.

Do not hide suffering from his sight, but bring it gladly to him.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Sparrow:

I found your prayer so beautiful and eloquent! You really covered the core issues at hand in a heartfelt and gracious manner. It touched my heart.

Best of luck, Luvdogs, and let us know how it goes!

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I spent the first 30 years of my life truly believing that I was mentally ill, physically weak and a walking hypochodriac."

Wow - I could have written that except it was 2003 and I was 33.

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all due respect, and as a Christian, I hope that you keep this opening prayer in a vein that will not alienate those who are not of a religious vein from getting help at this presentation.

Okay?

-- Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Clarissa's first post is PERFECT, and I would truthfully use it verbatim; I wouldn't change a word.

It is PERFECT!!!!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord,

Please Bless the Lyme Literate Medical Doctors who continue to diagnose and treat us

Despite possible persecution.

I ask that you lift the blinders from the eyes of those who do not see the truth.

Lord, I thank you for the opportunity to be your soldier in this battle.

Please bless my efforts and the efforts of those around us who strive to bring

Truth, justice and treatment to those who have and still suffer.

Lord, please hold these soldiers of yours in Your Loving Hands

And comfort us in our hours of need.

I ask this in my Father's name.

Amen.

(while I am not quite awake yet, I say a variation of this prayer daily)

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement