LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Gall Bladder Issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gall Bladder Issues
jklynd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jklynd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notwithstanding any gall bladder problems caused by antibiotics,do any of you seem to believe that your GB problems are caused by Lyme disease itself? I seem to feel that since I've been sick,I have a problem regarding digesting fats (steatorrhea) , keeping a constant weight,appetite issues (hungry one day-next day indifferent), and so on.....Thanks,Joe
Posts: 249 | From Northern NJ | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi joe,

do a search at the top of board

type in gallbladder
medical
subject
any date
leave membership no. blank

hit send and read all posts/replies;
if nothing hit BACK key, and change subject to body text; hit send, and read results!

the answer is YES!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read that gallstones are said to accumulate around pathogens, so the linkage makes sense to me. Research liver and GB cleansing -- some solutions are very simple and may help a lot!

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralph
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Cold Feet. I was not aware that gallstones could occur for that reason.

I think I contracted lyme at age 17 and my gallbladder was removed at age 23. The more I look back on my health history as it may relate to lyme, the more peices of the puzzle fit together.

Thanks again.

Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure Ralph! Isn't it amazing how iterative the research process can be!? It's sad but empowering at the same time...

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you'll do a search here on gallbladder, I think you'll find MANY discussions on how Lyme has affected the gallbladder.

Go to the little word "search" above and type in "gallbladder."

You'll be amazed!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralph
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Lymetoo.

I will investigate when more time is available.

klutzo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! My gallbladder was taken out last year, after a decade of misery, and I've never had any ABX for my Lyme, due to allergy to all ABX except the FQ's.

During the process of finding out my gallbladder was bad, 3 inflammatory problems were found (esophagitis, gastritis, and duodenitis).

They also found a precancerous growth in my stomach, and it turned out my gallbladder was not the only reason I could not digest well.....

They found a serious pancreatic disease that will cut my life span by 20% and make me into a brittle Type I diabetic, provided I live that long. This pancreatic disease normally affects alcoholics, and I am a teetotaler, so I blame all of this on Lyme. Gallstones can sometimes cause enzymes to back up and start eating the pancreas. This process is often painless until it is too late.

Many docs tell you to take digestive enzymes, but please learn from my experience. I thought it was normal for a Lymie to NEED enzymes to eat.

If you really NEED them, and really cannot digest your food without them, and you also have recurring bouts of chills, please don't assume your chills are from Babesia.

Have a CAT scan with contrast of your abdomen done to make sure you do not have chronic pancreatic insufficiency.

Without a fever, the ducks will never think of pancreatitis until it becomes chronic, incurable and irreversible, and as you know, we Lymies tend to run temps way below normal. My pancreas was more than 90% destroyed before symptoms began, and it was another decade before they found my problem.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement