LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Friend 6 weeks infected...what can she do while waiting for llmd appt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friend 6 weeks infected...what can she do while waiting for llmd appt?
BJK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13251

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BJK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

I have a friend,32 yr old female, who has been diagnosed with Lyme disease and has many classic symptoms, including one whopper of a headache, muscle pain, nausea, fatigue etc

Shes been infected, as best they can tell, for 6 weeks now...she found the tick still in her skin, it was sent out for testing and was positive for Lyme. Her first test was negative but her current doc had another one done yesterday ( not back yet)

Im my mind shes no doubt a lymie, unfortunately

After the tick came back positive, her doc put her on 100mg doxy 2x daily....withing 2 days she was thowing everything she ate up including the doxy, so she just stopped taking it

Shes a former drug addict so shes on methodone and takes medicines for acid reflux, thats all i know of her current existing conditions ( and shes freaked out bigtime).

I figure the stomach issues are going to complicate matters.

My question is this: What can she take/do while she waits for an llmd appt? Shes really sufferng and any help/sugestions I can pass on would be appreciated....

she noted the headache is now the worst symptom and she doesnt know what to take that will stay down, shes throwing up all pills at this point.

Thanks so much for your time and help!

BJK

--------------------
BJK

Nothing I write here is medical advice...I'm just another lymie sharing how this disease has affected me personally

Posts: 175 | From Central Maine | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a nurse, but phenergin (sp?) for nausea comes in suppository form.

Maybe if she can get relief from throwing up she can get some meds into her.

Doryx is supposed to be easier on the stomach.

Amoxi may be a gentler place to start.

Is she eating at all? Drinking fluids?

May want to call her doc asap regarding the headaches and throwing up.

Sometimes that is indicative of something else wrong.

Wish I could help more. Sending prayers.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Not sure what she is able to eat or if weight loss is an issue, but absolutely no sugar or refined carbs - just makes the lyme bacteria thrive.

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Poor thing!! I hope you will encourage her to get tested for babesia as well. It may be what is causing her severe headache.

Yes, Doryx is much easier on the stomach than doxy... but is more expensive too.

I don't have any answers right now. My mind is blank. Hope others will have some good ideas for you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang-in there. How far away is the LLMD appointment? [group hug]

Perhaps in the meantime your friend could see a gastroenterologist to try and find out any other problems--so she can begin working on GI tract problems.

daise [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bj, [group hug] [kiss]

i think daise's suggestion was a good one; i have no expertise on this one! sorry

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement