LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr. S &Bartonella &Lyme: anyone here being seen by him?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. S &Bartonella &Lyme: anyone here being seen by him?
justag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup posted link to his new bartonella book and I tried to google Dr. S and see what it takes to make an appointment, but couldn't find any clinic phone #...

Anyone here being treated or have been treated by Dr. S for Bartonella and Lyme and other co-infections? Would you pls. share some experience, please?

I think my main symptoms now are bartonella (scratches, low grade fever, ringing in ears, depression...) but I can't seem to find an LLMD who can help me.

Any suggestions are welcome, especially if you've overcome bartonella, thanks a million [bow] [bow]

[ 11. June 2008, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Lou B ]

Posts: 196 | From atlanta/norcross, georgia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nessa1815
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nessa1815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was the first one that I called. He actually called me back in person one day and tried to tell me about all of his books. He wants way too much money compared to another guy that I'm considering. He seems very smart and I wish I had the money to go to him but it's definitely a no-go. He is fairly close to me is why I called him.

At the time, I wasn't aware of his "celebrity".

--------------------
"~*~My smile hides my bite~*~."

Posts: 506 | From N/A | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
call the 800 number onhis website:www. personalconsult.com. As a matter of fact, he has a "free" 5 minute consult on that website. You fill out a form and he will call you and speak with you.

Fair warning, he is VERY expensive. I will let you form your own opinions. the people who answer his phones are an answering service.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
justag,
Please remove Dr. S's full name from the subject line. It is against list rules to post the full name of anyone who treats lyme disease. Just use the initial of his last name. Thanks.

Sorry, I don't see him. He has provided a website with lots of info for free though.

I found his babs book well worth the money. Lots of very good info in it. I bought one of his mold books and I was a bit disappointed but it did have some useful info.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fyi, he is a member here too and READS ONLY.

so i suggest any comments be sent by private message [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nessa... Wow.

justag... Please remove his name. Thanks.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems there are two sets of rules here.One for the long time members and one for the newbies.

VERY CONFUSING, with a Lymed head!

Why is this allowed??? from Tin Cup's post
quote:
THIS is the book I've been waiting for... The Diagnosis and Treatment of Bartonella. It was written by Dr. S ... and it is amazing!

Two pages of comments and no one "suggested" she remove the full name.

Not to mention someone else posted the book's photos with the Dr's name plastered on the page! And they aren't told to "remove the name".

BUT not the poster of this threads title & message??? Why is it wrong to mention this author/Dr?

Any links provided go back to the drs site{ as well as other dr's sites}, so not posting a name is NOT protecting the dr, when its on the link, for anyone to view.

This Dr IS SELLING BOOKS. I thought promoting sales of anything wasn't permitted here either???

More confusion!!!

There was a member who had to take his site out of his signature because he was selling items, but also giving free info.

Whats the difference between the two??? Both would be profitting. I don't see a difference.

I am NOT writing this to pick an arguement with anyone. I really want to know why some members are treated differently and allowed to post names of Drs and or mention selling items, and nothing is said to them ?

And people wonder why some members no longer post, when they get jumped on for mentioning a name...

If it bothers some that much , why not do it privately in a PM, rather than embarrass the poster on line??

There is a big difference between the above mentioned Dr, who is selling books...and an llmd in private practice, who dosen't want to chance any problems with treating people.{NO disrespect to the Dr./Author, intended.}

There needs to be only one set of rules, regarding these two items.

Our Lymed brains get confused enough at times, without being told we are wrong abt something when someone doing the same thing is allowed to do it. Just this member's observation.

[ 24. June 2008, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Lou B ]

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally, I agree with DakotasMom. I will say that TC goes beyond long time member. No that does not put her above the rules but I will say she knows them and can make judgements that new members aren't really able to. She knows the board and the community quite well.

Also, I aint gonna p.o. TC [Big Grin]

On to point # 2...........

If it bothers some that much , why not do it privately in a PM, rather than embarrass the poster on line??

Apparently you have not heard the Lymenet Secret Police (LSP). They are allowed to use embarrassing tactics and publicly scold ALL those that get out of line. They have risen to the position of "high and mighty" through many years of practicing self-importance. Please do not interfere. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if a doc publishes a book about lyme or bart or whatever and has his name on it as author it doesn't seem like we can protect his identity here...

it's the ones in the trenches...bustin their butts for us and putting their liscens on the line we have to be quiet about

the ones in the news(J) and publishing have put their own name out there already

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a thought......

If Dr.S IS actually a registered user (If it is NOT just a "poser"), why not ASK him how he feels about his full name being posted on this site & then respect HIS wishes?

I don't think I would ask through the site, but rather call him at the number on HIS website, just in case it wasn't actually he who registered.

I somehow think that he would not want discussion of his treatment of patients to be openly aired in a public forum, however I would think that discussion of a book that he published would be reasonable.

I mean seriously, if he didn't want his name associated with the book, he could have used an alias to publish it.

I don't know Dr.S personally, nor have I been a patient, but it would seem to me that with his own children having suffered with TBDs, he must have spent countless hours doing research.

I have a feeling that he was not paid to do that research. I would think that trying to raise a family after having been dealt personal financial blows by TBDs, continuing to research & compile that research into books to try to help people on a grander scale by getting the information out to the public would require SOME source of income.

If he charged very little for patient care or books, how would he accomplish what he seems to be trying to do, without hitting the lottery? It would seem to me that he could likely be "giving away" an awful lot of 5-minute consultations, I would think that time would add up, as well.

Many Lyme treating physicians wouldn't be able to step out of patient treatment to compile their knowledge into books.

Don't you wish they could ALL do everything, Dx & Tx EVERY patient who needs their help, WHILE researching to find the answers to all of the unknowns, writing books to share that knowledge for patients and colleagues to read AND only charge a nominal fee for patient Tx & book sales?

I sure do.

Doctors who are willing to take the time away from their regular practice to build an understanding of TBDs, in order to risk harassment by Dxing & Txing patients with these diseases are in very short supply compared to the ever growing number of people who are realizing that they are infected.

I think harsh criticisms could be better spent on doctors who tell us we "look" fine or should be "cured" by a week of Doxy or Amoxicillin therefore we now must have Fibromyalgia. Those are the doctors with steady income streams from insurance companies.

I DO realize that it stinks that they can't charge the same fees as the insurance-owned doctors do, but I'm sure we've all seen the level of care provided by doctors who's income is subsidized by the insurance companies.

I'm hopeful that the reevaluation of IDSA's guidelines will result in less financial stress for ALL of us.

[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first came to lymenet, I used a doctor's full name in a link and I was asked by one of his patients to remove his name. I didn't know that I had broken a rule so I was glad that someone took the time to tell me.

I'm not the lymenet police and I'm not playing favorites. I don't read every single post, every single day so I may not see it everytime someone posts a doctor's full name. When I see it, I politely ask that the person fix their post to comply with the rules.

If we want to keep doctor's from being harassed or prosecuted, we as a group should try to comply with the rules and nicely ask others to do so as well.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=042842

As far as picking and choosing which doctor's name can be posted and which cannot, I personally think it gets too complicated for members to remember a lot of exceptions.

I have to fly to another State because no one in my State will treat lyme disease even though we are on the CDC map as endemic. The doctor's here are afraid to treat because the one who was treating was told if he kept treating, he would lose his license regardelss of whether he was helping patients or not. This is a real issue and anything we can do to protect our doctor's, even if it's only a little protection, is worth it.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cottonbrain
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is a good point about asking LLMD's how they feel about their names being used.

Dr J in SC told me frankly that he does not care if his name is used (maybe because he's already undergone so much persecution, he figures it can't get any worse [Eek!] )

He, for one, said he had no problem at all with using his name (though i still don't).

BTW, my LLMD treats my Bart with Bactrim. In seven weeks, i've seen good improvement with it.

Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Folks,

I have never met Dr S personally however I did send him two families whose children had lyme related autism. One lady was really at the end of a short rope...

They both contacted me thanking me for having sent them to him. They where so impressed with his knowledge base and more over his compassion.

I have emailed him with questions MANY times and have always gotten a response from him. There are very very few doctors out there that will spend their time devoted to the lyme cause.

I think we should be grateful for that. BTW, he has written two books on Babesia and Bartonella. Both are extremely informative and easy to read. Worth every cent IMHO.

You can also find a section on his site that has many free downloads as well.

Please, lets be grateful for those that are this dedicated.

Kind Regards,
[hi]
Julia

--------------------
Please consult your LLMD before making any changes to your treatment regimen.

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WEll, I would be upset if someone were posting MY LLMD's name here.

I didn't notice that Tincup had done the same thing, or I would have said something to her. She doesn't take PM's though.

I certainly didn't intend to embarrass anyone. Dumb me probably wouldn't have noticed if Terry hadn't requested the name be removed.

Since I agreed that it was a rules infraction which could HURT the doctor, I chimed in with the same.

A few years we had a big stir here because we had "permission" to post Dr J in CT's name. The board at Lymenet [LouB] said no.

A rule is a rule.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement