LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can Bulls Eye Rash Appear Years Later?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Bulls Eye Rash Appear Years Later?
webmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for webmeg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

I have a friend who's Mom has likely been sick with Lyme for years (in denial). Has never been tested or treated. She's around 70 years old.

Recently she's been doing a detox diet for a month+ now. Definitely had some reaction to the diet including being very emotional, but she's been sticking to it.

The other day she developed a classic bulls eye rash - never saw a tick.

Is this definitely a new bite, or can a bulls eye rash appear years later, maybe due to all the detoxing she's been doing on her own?

Thanks for any thoughts.

~webmeg

Posts: 257 | From Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It COULD show up later... but then again it could be a new bite.

There have been people here who suddenly had a bullseye show up during treatment when they never had one before.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well--this should convince her to get treated.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piegirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Piegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a classic bullseye three years after I became very ill with Lyme. Did not know what it was and did not know what I was sick from was Lyme so, I never showed it to my doctor.

One year later I got another one in the exact same spot and looked exactly the same. It grew to be over 12" wide and had rings.

When I showed this one to my doctor, she was then able to finally diagnose my with Lyme.

So, yes they can appear at any time. Also, I don't remember a tick bite ever!

But, as a child I had ticks all over the inside of my house for years. They came from a dog that we had who suffered from Lyme symptoms.

I would even find ticks climbing up my walls and on the floor in my bedroom! YUCK! Back then (1980's) we had never even heard of Lyme.

Mary

Posts: 161 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are not quite sure when I was infected with Bb but I had classic bullseyes (yes, plural) back in 1982, 1995, 2006 and then again this year when I started ABX treatment.

In 1982 and 1995 - I have no idea if I was taking ABX for other issues or not that may have brought the rashes out.

In 2006 - I had major surgery and was on a combo of ABX that brought out all sorts of rashes, including bullseyes and BART-type rashes.

Then in March this year, with my combo ABX, I developed the bullseyes on both thighs but it was pretty prominent on my right thigh.

Posts: 261 | From NW Pa ~ Crawford County | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi webmeg,

Your friend is lucky to have this definitive sign of Lyme.

I was lucky that way in 99. Without the bulls eye, I would not have had a clue that health issues from years back were related to Lyme. Hooray for bulls eyes!! [Smile]

I first thought it was a fresh tick bite but after a lot of reading over the years, I have concluded that it "just appeared" out of "nowhere". [Smile]

After four years of continuous treatment, another classic bulls eye appeared.....I was undergoing the aggressive treatment I needed.....I know that one was not related to a new bite.

It makes sense to me that a detox could bring out a bulls eye.

Good luck to your friend and I hope this is a wake up call.

My best.....

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement