LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Off Meds and Feeling Crazy..HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Off Meds and Feeling Crazy..HELP!
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on levaquin and doxy for a month and had the worst herx I've ever had. I think...but any way my doctor and I decide that I pushing relapsing completely so we decided to have me go off all orals and go on IM Rocephin.

Some people have askd why Rocephin? I did IV Rocephin from Aug 06 to Dec 07. I wasn't on it straight, I had some issues with isurance. Ne wayz my mind was clear, I could run again, and I had more energy. Not 100% but probably about 70%.

Since then I have been on orals and not maintaining. Because I have had such a rough time we decided to do the IM Rocephin.

I have been off all meds for the last 5 days and not only do I feel sick, but I feel like I am mentally going crazy! Why is this? I am so angry for no reason, I am starving ALL the time, I am tired and naucious. I am brusing like crazy. I am all over the place. I will start crying for no reason and I feel so trapped where I am.

I have NEVER experienced this, expect once when I went on a very low dose of an anti-depressant that Kaiser made me go on. I was only on it for 30 days before they decided I was actually sick and not bulemic.

Ne wayz if anyone has experienced this withdrawl like mental issues please please let me know!!!

Thanks,
Lindsay

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lindsay, [group hug] [kiss]

call your LLMD today when office opens; get their advise, and best wishes!!

have no knowledge on this one; haven't experienced this! hang in there.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would call your llmd.

i can tell you though when i just went off the levaquin, i experienced increased emotional symptoms, where i felt like i was doomed, it was really bad stuff. I pulled thru it.

Im not sure if it was levaquin withdrawl or something or maybe coinfection coming back, i dunno.

I get the starved feeling a lot, no dr can explain that one.

Again i would run all these symptoms by your Dr and see what they think.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess just based on my own experiences of going off meds.

You were attacking the anxiety-inducing Bart with Levaquin and you took that element away. Now the Bart can party without you having any ammunition to hit it back.

IM Rocephin isn't going to hit Bart. It will hit the Lyme but meanwhile the leftover Bart feels "free to roam and wreak havoc" which is causing your high anxiety.

I DO believe it will calm down and, hopefully, when it has no one to fight, will lose interest and go back in its cage.

Some options: Anti-anxiety meds such as xanax just to get through this withdrawal

Or, ideally, take something else to hit the Bart that's still rearing its ugly head:

HH capsules (3 a day)
Cumanda (30 drops 2X a day)
Rifampin & Zithro

SOMETHING to shut that Bart up...the main anxiety producer.

I hope I understood your post correctly...if so, those would be my suggestions but DEFINITELY run it by your LLMD first.

SOOOOOO sorry. I KNOW how horrible that anxiety and crazy feeling is...horrifying but it WILL pass and keep remembering it IS temporary and NOT real life.

Best,

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peacesoul
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went I went off abx after 4 months, I felt like I was going through the worse withdrawal of my life.
Both my LLMD and my Rheum said withdrawal is not possible with abx, but I say they were wrong.
I went to many acne sites and other sites where folks took a lot abx and others there said the body does experience a withdrawal from abx.

I felt like you did for about 3 weeks.
The key is to keep up the detoxing, sleep, sleep, sleep and eat as much clean food as you can.
The only way through withdrawal is to make sure the body is strong enough to cleanse.

It will pass....hang in there

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys!

After re-reading my own post I realized WOW my brain is all over the place, not making much sense on the first one...sorry

Although I tested positive for all three co-infections, I have only recently tested positive for Babs which is why we were using the levaquin.

I know it's not traditional to kill babs with levaquin, but I have to say that it definately did something. I had night sweats, my body temp increase, my dreams were insane and I have major joint pain and muscle pain.

I am taking a specific type of ambian with has an anti-axiety med in it as well as sinaquan which back in the day was used as a anti depressant but we use it for ant histamine and sleep aid.

I just have never experienced this-in the three years and all the meds, never once have I experienced this craziness that my mind is playing on me.

This is the toughest thing I have ever been through! But I don't want to go on anti depresants.

My skin has been breaking out and I've been breaking out in hive which to mean means my body is trying to get rid of something inside me. If I supress the symptoms it's never going to go away and going to be trapped inside me!

I have been sleeping like 12-15 hours a day-which I haven't done in 2 years. Luckily I quit my job and have this week off, but I am starting a new job on Monday and I am so nervous.

I think my mind is just overwhelmed, I am stressed out, and these meds are stirring up the co infection.

Thanks so much for the support. Hopefully this to will pass!

Thanks,
Linds

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement