LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Only nice people get sick with Lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Only nice people get sick with Lyme?
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink]

Just that everyone here is so friendly that one starts to suspect that those xxx are attracted to really nice people.

Why can't the bad guys in IDSA get this disease fo instance?

[hi]

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you mention that. I was talking with someone the other day who does some alternative Lyme treatments.

I told him I couldn't even go outside without finding a tick on me.

He said "ticks are like everything else, they pick up on good energy".

I think ticks like anything with blood but it sounded nice [Big Grin]

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really do believe this.

I find that it is the alcoholics that for the most part are healthy. I have a few friends that drink pretty heavily during the week and they are healthy.

I was healthier when i drank a few times a week too.

This frustrates me to no end that i had to get this disease, when i see some rotten people walking around healthy :-(

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that I have met some of the kindest and most caring people since having lyme. Sadly, many of our "friends" sort of drift away when we get too sick, so it does make you stop and take notice.

Another thing I have found....I was ill for five years before knowing it was lyme and had many misdiagnosis's. I have to say that during those, I did find support groups for all those illnesses, usually online since I was too sick.

But one thing I did find out along the way is that Lyme patients are more "intelligent?????" or let's say, they know about their illness in ways that other illnesses don't NEED to know because we have struggled to get our answers.

I found that by coming here, most of the advice I got here was more information than MOST doctors I was seeing knew anything about. So they are not only friendly but dang smart to boot.

Way to go, Lymies!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

quote:

Cathy wrote:

they know about their illness in ways that other illnesses don't NEED to know because we have struggled to get our answers.

Yes, it seems most of us have had to struggle profoundly, in every way.

I appreciated that there was information "out there" and yes, the sheer struggle made me appreciate what I went through and I'm driven to help others with this hideous disease--just like all of you.

Enjoy the day! Smilie time:
[Razz] [bow] [spinning smile] [group hug] [woohoo] [hi] [shake]

daise [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

I'm not very nice, and I got it.
daise
Unregistered

Greatcod,

OH NO--another anomaly in the Lyme field! [Big Grin]

Don't turn nice--don't do it. All your signs and nastiest of symptoms could reverse. [lick] You see, your face would be wiped out, just like smilie here.

daise [Smile]

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greatcod, I hear ya.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

tdtid: we're only " some of the kindest and most caring people " because if we shout we'll pass out !

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahah.

this is very true. im starting to realize life is just ironic. especially life with lyme.

with this illness, im learning or trying not to take things so serious.

my car just died tonite for the 5th time in a month, the apt i wanted and went to look at is not going to work out, im sick as hell, and tomorrow is the 4th of july...

there are so many things to be negative about, trying to stay positive and not get ****ed about being sick is hard sometimes.

it is frustrating like michelle said when u see your friends drinking like fish all the live long day and are healthy as can be, while i am seriously nuts about my diet and trying to get better and feel so lousy...

oh well. at the end of the day, i guess we are just not really in charge, are we?

[Smile]

cheers

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the same person that told me ticks like people with good energy. He also said they stay far away from alcohol or alcoholics.

Can't remember exactly how he put it.

Makes be want to go buy a keg [lol]

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nana, if that is true then that explains why everyone I know that drinks daily isnt sick.

I should have drank more I suppose :-(

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NanaDubo, so on the alcohol issue,
why we are so intolerant to alcolhol, maybe it is the buggs that don't like us to drink, They are intolerant, and we feel like crap.....alcohol herxing?

[bonk]

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Only nice people get sick with Lyme?

It only seems that way because you just can't tell when the bad guys get it-nothing changes.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement