LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Frylabs in Scottsdale, AZ

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Frylabs in Scottsdale, AZ
rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachellemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who have gone to this lab, are you happy with the result? I'm thinking of going to see if I have co-infections.
Posts: 215 | From Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I paid $300 out of pocket for a bart smear from Fry that came back negative.

Both my LLMD and I feel I have bart. No testing methods for co-infections are perfected yet that I know about.

With a smear the blood sample that was taken might not have contained bart but that does not mean that I do not have it.

Now I wish I had not wasted the $300 but you may get better results then I did.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is NO reliable testing for any vector borne illness.

it is a complete waste of money IMO.

muscle testing is as close as we come to really knowing whats going on.

IF you need a pos+ test for ins coverage, than id suggest getting a panel done through igenex, mdl, bowen, or fry..

good luck. dont waste your money if you dont need to. youre going to need it.

cheers

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree with above posts. The blood smear is worth the cost.

By the way, I came up negative on my first test. After six months of zith, came up positive.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doctor said the same thing as Derek. If a test come up one way with abx & another way without - how reliable can that be?

There a big, long thread about Fry labs & the bart test. Seems like they are separating some forms of bart into mycoplasmas & there seems to be alot of confusion about it.

Maybe there are other tests you can do to rule things out. I had alot of tests done & my doctor doesn't feel that I have the co-infections but he does believe that I have Lyme.

My Western blot & several ELISA tests were all negative. I didn't have any tests for the co-infections. My doctor said the tests are not accurate. Maybe there are other ways to assess it by clinical diagnosis.

It's really tough...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hcconn22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hcconn22   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a qualified and licensed lab. They can test your blood for several diseases and should be able to do a good job.

In the end Lyme is a CLINICAL Dx and blood tests can help support decisions.

Don't know what else to tell you.

--------------------
Positive 10 bands WB IGG & IGM
+ Babesia + Bartonolla and NOW RMSF 3/5/09 all at Quest

And still positive ELISA and WB two years after IV treatment
http://www.lymefriends.org/profile/blake

Posts: 607 | From Tick Town, Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF you need a pos+ test for ins coverage, than id suggest getting a panel done through igenex, mdl, bowen, or fry..

Do any of the labs besides IGenex take insurance? I had testing done at IGeneX and my insurance covered it.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well my daughter has symtoms of bart -ALL OF THEM

And muscle tested her with my LLMD showed BART ACTIVE.

Will and I am weiting for BART -fry kit.

Will run a test and I SWEAR last test ever I PAY.

I challenged her with homepathic formula and came back abnormal for QUintata and HEnselae but past infection I was told.Than in 1 month later she started having symtoms -Mostly GY and now head and eye involving .

Muscle test prooved it.Patterens are on the skin.Challenged her with 5 HH capsules.Start herxing right away.

SO BART is THERE.And is active otherwise based on the previous Quest diagnostic lab work as the 2 strains were past infections is not true.

Now I am wondering if she has a 3rd strain of BART!

Will find out.IF it comes negastive I will treat her ANYWAY as MUSCLE TESTING is more reliable and She herxes and she has SYMTOMS and patterns in her BODY.

THIS IS just to make sure if there is nothing else in there....as HEMOBARTONELLA /MUCO...that people are seeing in FRY LAB.

Will see.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement