LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Wobenzyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wobenzyme?
rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Icon 5 posted      Profile for rachellemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In reading the posts, I see that wobenzyme (never heard of it before now) is good for pain. Has any of you used it for cramps/endometriosis pain?

How long does it take to take effect?

Can you just stay on it continuously?

Rachellemarie

Posts: 215 | From Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you can stay on it continuously. I find an increase in energy from it. I find it hard to believe, however, that it would relieve menstrual pain, etc......to me it doesn't seem powerful enough to do that, but I could be just not giving it enough credit.

It is great just to help your body along with Lyme treatment, so you could definitely take it anyways. I notice a difference when I'm on it.

You could always try...it's really expensive, but i would think worth it. It is supposed to help your blood not coagulate i believe.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rachellemarie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachellemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so this is more of a mild pain killer at best I take it....
Posts: 215 | From Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its s systemic enzyme.

vitacost.com has the best prices if you plan on taking large doses.

good luck

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to piggyback your post but I was wondering does anyone have a suggested amount to take?

Thanks!

--------------------
When the going gets tough. . . I'll keep fighting!
Ms. Geet3721

New LLMD, New abx, New life coming right up!!!!

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anywhere from 3 to 30 a day

the bottle suggests 3 altho it depends on how extreme your condition is..

good luck

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nessa1815
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nessa1815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started this and the 2nd day, I felt so wonderful. It was my first good day, mentally, physically I had in 6 months. Yesterday, I was back to my old painful self.

However, I do feel a slight difference already and I will continue to take it because I've read so many good things about it regarding so many different pain issues. It is expensive and I think I'm going to start taking more of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how much to take? What about 5, 3x daily...does that sound like too much? Is there so much thing as too much?

--------------------
"~*~My smile hides my bite~*~."

Posts: 506 | From N/A | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLND put me on a copycat called Catalytic Formula by Integrative Therapeutics.

I take 5, 3 times a day.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rachellemarie:
Ok, so this is more of a mild pain killer at best I take it....

It's not a "pain killer."

It reduces the fibrinogen in the blood.
The effect is that the blood can pass more easily through the capillaries, so the muscles and nerves and brain all get more oxygen.

Although it's used in Europe to reduce the pain of arthritis, I did not notice any difference in joint pain.

What I did notice was a decrease in the severity of my headaches.

I no longer woke up every morning with a splitting headache.

You can google for articles about Wobenzym and hypercoagulation to find out more.

From what I read, it seems some of the European doctors would give the patient 30 tablets at once, to "force" the therapeutic response.

I worked up to twelve tablets first thing in the morning, as that is the only time I have an empty stomach.

You have to wait 30 to 45 minutes before eating, so that the coated tablets pass out of the stomach into the intestines.

If you take Wobenzym with food in the stomach, the stomach acids dissolve the coating, and the enzymes act to help digest the food.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rachellemarie, I believe that some enzymes, depending on the quality and dosing, can be very effective for certain conditions. I've also noted that some very caring, open-minded and smart doctors are prescribing them for for chronically ill patients -- and getting good results.

BTW, I've been looking into enzymes for several years. My wife and I use Enzalase (from Therabiotics) frequently.

Yesterday, I was reading up on noni juice in terms of its component enzymes. This article was written by the biochemist (Dr. Heinicke) that discovered how to extract bromelain from pineapples. There was a very specific reference that may relate to your question:

"...PURIFICATION OF BROMELAIN Dr. Hunter called me one day and told me he had given one of his patients a douche with the pineapple enzyme to remove mucous from the vagina prior to taking X-rays. She had very severe dysmenorrhea. Thirty seconds after the enzyme solution was introduced into the vagina, his patient said forget about the X-rays, my pain is gone. Now this was a really important medical discovery. We published a scientific paper, and this sparked the interest of the drug companies even more. We worked with them for a while, and they had wonderful success with the enzyme..."

I'll send you the full doc and related references if you want, just PM me.

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement