LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What's the difference between these types of tests

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's the difference between these types of tests
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the difference between these types of tests

Muscle testing
Art
Energy Testing

Any info would be great!

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take a stab at it. [Smile]

ART is a specific form of energy testing/muscle testing. Muscle testing is one form of energy testing.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking about this... Some people post all this info as if we are born knowing about this. LOL

I guess it has to do with minute reactions that the body releases in regards to various stimuli. Some people have devised ways to read the minute reactions either through manual testing or using a device that can pick up the responses.

It would be nice to compile a listing but I have to go eat dinner now. I'm going to try to look into it further later.

I found this article which may be useful so far -
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/bioresonance_feedback.html

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the question...because I love these techniques.

The basic premise is that the body knows things that our minds can only guess at.

All of these techniques are ways to get answers from the body, including yes, no, how much, how many, how often, and when.

You can use this information in many ways, especially to decide which medicines or supplements to use.

Energy testing may apply to any of the many means of testing the body. The biotensor GiGi refers to would probably be included here, but I have never used one.

ART is Autonomic Response Testing, a very technique of muscle testing. Dr. K. in WA is known for this. I believe he may have developed it. GiGi would have a post somewhere explaining it.

Muscle testing includes a variety of forms of energetic testing, including Applied Kinesiology and dousing.

Applied Kinesiology is a specific technique that helps the practitioner understand if the body is in need of structural, chemical, or emotional support. The practitioner will see which answers make the patient's arm weak or strong in response.

Dousing is a form of muscle testing you can do yourself, by holding the product in your hand aganst your solar plexus, and asking such questions as:

"Is this product good for my body this week. Would it be good for me to take it daily. If so, how many each day."

You ask your body to ean forward for a yes, and back for a no. TerryK wrote a very good article on this, but I'm not sure how to pull it up.

I've gotten quite good at dousing, and usually get the same responses as my Applied Kinesiologist, and my ART practitioner.

Dousing can be used for many things, once you get the hang of it. You have to be careful about the questions, because the body is very literal.

I once asked if a piece of wild Alaskan Salmon would be good for me. I got a no. Then I asked if it would be good for me if I cooked it, and I got a yes.

My daughter and I once used it to ask which chickens were going to win the chicken races at the neighborhood chicken show, site unseen. My daughter and I got the same responses. Our top picks came in first and second, and we won the pot.

But then we decided only to use our superpowers for good, so you probably won't see us in Vegas.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JKMMC09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKMMC09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering the exact same question.

I was surfing the internet recently and came upon this site:

http://www.ondamed.net/

Dr. Klinghardt is one of the doctors on the home page giving a testimonial, there are other Lyme doctors on the home page as well.

Is this energy medicine? or ART?

(Sooo sorry to piggy back on your thread!)

Thanks!

Posts: 371 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also do dousing with a pendulum. I've been doing it that way for quite some time.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Energetic Testing for "smart people who don't know"... ( I was going to write "dummies" but we are all smarter than that, right?)

http://1001.netclime.net/1_5/1c2/318/2db/EnergeticTesting.pdf

This pdf explains everything...

It seems there are new methods of doing Energetic Testing popping up every day, so not all of them are in the above pdf.

It's fascinating to me...

I think the Ondamed is more like biofeedback. It's not necessarily for diagnosis from what I read.

Energetic Testing is more for diagnosis & prescribing treatments from my understanding.

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many different threads about kinesiology, muscle testing, ART, EAV, etc.

The subject always turned into a fiasco - the nay sayers and the yaysayers.

The problem is that most systems differ greatly from each other. ART is absolutely not comparable with Applied Kinesiology. It is a system all its own.

You can google EAV and get very good explanations. It goes back many years and the people inventing it had their books and publications burned.

To learn any of the muscle testing techniques well, it takes a lot of training. Dr. K. has been teaching if many years.

Since I want to be able to test myself and my husband, and my husband's energetic body is not very stable, I have now learned Biotensor testing. Dr. Woitzel turned me on to this and I am getting the hang of it and love it. It takes discipline and practice as all muscle testing does.

Some day we will have a small inexpensive machine that will do it for home use.

A muscle tester should be fairly healthy or know and correct it if he/she isn't.

I will not get into how it works. It would be a three hour lecture. It's nothing one can learn over one weekend. It takes many months of practice to become good at it.

On the other hand, if an instrument does it, things are quite simple. But as with any instrument, garbage in, garbage out. When I was first infected with lyme, no EAV or any of the more sophisticated instruments had the Lyme frequencies, and the could only come up with a spider bite infection. The machines are outdated as soon as medicine learns a bit more.

Marnie started a post a couple of years ago - something about hoax and muscle testing - suggest you read it if you can find it. You learn to know people.

If you really want to be able to help yourself, are disciplined enough to get some books and learn, a good Biotensor is worth its weight in gold --- I feel like I finally am not dependent on another arm, another doctor or practitioner. But following some basic rules is very important. I have only some German literature or would otherwise share titles, etc.

I posted a link for a Dr. Oberbach biotensor the other day and talked about it.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=056415;p=3

Some day I will write this into a play. Read it all and weep.

Sparkle,

"Some people post all this info as if we are born knowing about this. LOL"

This board has been around for a lot longer than you have. You will find a lot if you care to look.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

ART and other forms of muscle testing are not used for diagnosis of illnesses.

http://www.klinghardt.org/faqs.asp

sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: This board has been around for a lot longer than you have. You will find a lot if you care to look.

Why are you always picking on me... GiGi? I'm making a joke about it. Lighten up - I'm on your side.

I just like to explore every aspect of something to get a better idea about how to treat myself. Some people seem to be a bit one sided about everything from drugs to homeopathy to energy medicine.

Dr K & Dr. W aren't the only talented physicians in the world doing innovative medicine.

There are may new options being presented, improved & invented every day. The internet allows us to study & compare treatments available from all over the world.

It's really quite amazing!

I don't do all my research on just Lymenet. I love this message board & everyone posting info - but there are always many sides to any issue.

This website has some good info for those interested. I'm not sure if they have any particular biases.

http://www.emreview.org.uk/index.htm

PS - Just in case you don't know - LOL means "Laughing Out Loud"... it indicates a joke or joking around, laughing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement