LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » GSE and Zhang Protocol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GSE and Zhang Protocol
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone adding GSE to Zhang? Results/experiences? wise or not!?!?!

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

If you intend to do the protocol, I would not add anything without talking to Dr. Z.

If you simply take some of the supplements as part of another protocol, that is another thing.

the last time I spoke with Dr. Z he said that he was looking at some promising research that houttuynia might (might - everyone) be helpful in dealing with the cyst form which is why I assume you are interested in the Grapefruit seed extract.

But, look over his forum where people ask him questions - and then contact him (if you've read the book). He is wonderful to talk to about anything.

Many people do add various supplements but you'd want to be sure.

Still, if others here have talked with him, I'd love to know as I've not asked (since I've been floundering on my own for a while - saving up).

======

I just went through his patient forum Q & A page back to Nov. - there is no Q. about GSE there. His contact information is in the book

I would love to know the answer.

-

[ 22. August 2008, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

thanks Keebler....and yes it is the cyst form I am concerned about. I am having excellent results with this protocol but my concern is if it goes to cyst form and then go through regimine and stop only to fall back again.

It is so expensive as you know and I am doing protocol for myself and my daughter so we are double the expense. It is sooo much money! But it is working! I dont want a relapse and to keep on - I will find a way to afford through the 9-12 months but if a relapse is in store due to cyst formation then I want to address through treatment, not after!

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Spoke with Zahng and he stated that YES you can add GSE or Flagyl. Stated it would offer a synergistic effect.

I added GSE and WOW! What a whirl!

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Great,

a "whirl" then, I hope, is a good thing for you ?

I, at least, got a morning smile out of that.

Hey, can you tell me the brand and from of your GSE? I've been holding off on it - just too overwhelmed.

And, you mean grapefruit seed extract, right?

Glad to hear you are seeing improvement.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

I got the tablets from my local healthfood store, it was "the top" on their stock shelves, according to my lady i talk to there.

As for IMPROVEMENT???!!! I dont know if I would call it that at this point.

The first 2 weeks were fantastic, basically had a drop of symptoms across the board and a complete diminish of some.

Then at about 2 1/2 weeks started herxing and havent stopped since. I am at 3 weeks and 2 days today, so have been herxing HARD for past 9 days.

I added the GSE 2 days ago.

Will see from here and keep you updated.

My daughter is about 1 week behind me and had a decent herx about the same time I did but it didnt last long.

She is reporting that she feels better than she has in years. She is 17 and tests positive for Bb and BLO. But she hasnt herxed like I am. She also hasnt added GSE! Dont think I will do that for her for a while!

It is a rough ride but not unbearable yet so I have not reduced.

noted elsewhere that you, Keebler, suggested adding Coptis to the Allicin....I did not "get" that impression from Zhang but to do one or the other!?!?

As a matter of fact, we discussed the fact that many were increasing the HH and other products and he stated that we should NOT do that that pharmachology shows it works at the dosages he recommends. It may take a little longer but safer and more effective in long run.

Hepapro guy said "slow and it works" be patient.

I actually see this as a positive for if it were "all for the money" then they would/could encourage the increase dosages. Even had some negative words for Dr S in Fl book suggestions of increasing HH.

Just some info to consider....

--------------------

cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

NutriBiotic- "high potency" Tablets - 125 mg. States it is equal to 12-15 drops of NutriBiotic GSE.

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, that would do it.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

yes

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Thanks for the information.

Also - So glad you got to talk with him about the additions and changes that some people make on their own.

About the coptis. His alternate protocol that does not feature allicin, uses coptis - so I may have been confused in wording - or just wondering out loud about combining. Glad you asked.

One or the other as per either of his two protocols. Clear.

You wrote:

" . . . As a matter of fact, we discussed the fact that many were increasing the HH and other products and he stated that we should NOT do that that pharmachology shows it works at the dosages he recommends. It may take a little longer but safer and more effective in long run. . . ."

THANK YOU for clearing that up for everyone.

While some time back, the protocol started using a weight chart for dosing allicin, they say that all the others are to be used as per directions and that allicin is the only one they recommend weight dosing for (except, perhaps, for children, but then parents would naturally ask that).

-

cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

quote:
While some time back, the protocol started using a weight chart for dosing allicin, they say that all the others are to be used as per directions and that allicin is the only one they recommend weight dosing for (except, perhaps, for children, but then parents would naturally ask that).

Exactly!

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Does the Allicin have to be used, or can the Coptis be used in it's place as a starting routine?

--------------------

cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Can start with Coptis BUT he recommend the Allicin as it is the "best" in his protocol. It IS strong! And so is the Odor.

What I am doing is this:

I am keeping coptis on hand. He stated I can switch it up for times like when I am going to a conference.

I am to switch it up 3 days before to rid of the odor and then when back, I will go back to Allicin.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

More fully explained in the book, too. From his site:

www.sinomedresearch.org/ZCprotocols/LD.htm

The Allicin replacement formula can either be Coptis Capsule, or Formula R-5081 .

Thus, a second-line protocol would consist of Circulation P , HH Capsules plus Coptis Capsule or Formula R-5081

Scroll down for the Treatment Flow Table

--

http://tinyurl.com/5drx94

Lyme Disease and Modern Chinese Medicine - by Dr. QingCai Zhang, MD; Yale Zhang

you can access his web site through www.hepapro.com or try www.sinomedresearch.org and use "clinic" and then "clinic" for the passwords or call Hepapro.

-

While the book offers much research and solid citations, you can also search PubMed for basics about these.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

PubMed Search:

Allicin - 278 abstracts

Coptis - 252 abstracts

Houttuynia - 64 abstracts

Sarsaparilla - 128 abstracts

-

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

I'm going to lose some weight first, then probably pick up some Allicin. I had planned on just doing the Coptis with the HH, but I may go further. We'll see, I have a phone consult with him coming up. He called me back about an online survey I sent. It included all the data I've posted for you guys on the CD-57, the tests I had that showed various things, blood counts -- the works, including symptoms and such.

So that should help.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement