LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » my daughters lyme treatment...herx?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my daughters lyme treatment...herx?
mellowyellow
Member # 16565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mellowyellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I posted here before regarding my 6 year old daughters lyme. Warning... This is a long post...I appreciate is anyone has the time to read and give me any advice...

A lot of you were very insistent that I contact an LLMD to get proper treatment. Well, I stayed with my own ped...he is not an LLMD but I really trust him and he has been at my side.

My daughter tested positive for lyme both on the Elisa and the Western Blot. She began with fevers, headaches, neck pain and stomach pain and a known tick.

I went to the ped but the one I saw attributed it to a virus. My daughter got better and then 10 days later symptoms started again. She then got Bells Palsy.

We were then admitted to the hospital where she began to receive IV ceftriaxone which she was to receive for 28 days.

Everything was going well, the bells palsy went away...she was starting to feel better ..until Day 13/14 of antibiotics...she then came down with symptoms of fifth disease-slapped cheek rash which spread to her whole body, itchiness, stomach pain, headache, fever.... which they told me was a virus that she acquired/nothing to do with lyme...

..until I noticed that when i gave her treatment that the symptoms worsened...stomach pain in particular. We then went to the doctor yesterday and were sent to the hospital for x-rays and blood work.

So far, everything looked OK in the X-rays. Her blood work showed that her white count was low and her bands were high(20%?)He (my ped.) pointed me towards the herx reaction??? which after reading about it, it makes sense???

but the head of infectious diseases does not think that and if my daughter had another bad reaction to the medicine then we should just stop it....Well, she did..I gave her the medicine today and within 15 minutes she started itching everywhere and 15 minutes later started writhing in stomach pain??/

so at this point they said stop the medicine and she has to go for blood work on Monday to see if her white count has gone up.......so, they are implying that we should stop the medicine but if it is the herx reaction,,wouldn't that be the worst thing to do?

I mentioned a different form of medication and he mentioned penicillin shots? Please don't condemn me for not going to an LLMD....my ped has been calling me 3X a day....she has tested positive across the board...we still think these are early stages...

but, my baby girl is suffering so...what more can an LLMD do that she is not getting? I'm also worried about over-treating her....well, if you are still here...thank you..if you have any advice I will feel so grateful.

Rose

Posts: 8 | From Duanesburg, NY | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for breaking it up.

-

I'm so sorry to hear what you and your daughter are going through.

I do not have the skill and experience to comment, though.

There are many here who do and I hope they come along for you soon.

Best of luck.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mellowyellow
Member # 16565

Icon 10 posted      Profile for mellowyellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your reply. I remembered right after I posted that I had to break it up..and hurried up to edit it ..thanks for reminding me though

Rose

Posts: 8 | From Duanesburg, NY | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always be careful with rashes and itching, it can be an allergic reaction. It can sometimes be hard to differentiate allergic reactions from herxes, but what would be better is to change medicaments.

There is lots of meds that are OK for kids. Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Flagyl for instance are OK for kids (in Europe anyway).

Allergic reactions can be very dangerous so be careful if that is what might be happening!

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ceftriaxon can be hard on the stomach and gall bladder also.
Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be her liver dealing with toxids and they manifest on the skin..as pimples somtimes or if she has itching arund her right side below the rib cage...IT could ba as well BLO.

Blo /bart ...gave me a severe itching .Ask her if she has crawling in her body.In that case you need to treat her with rifampin and azithr as she is a KID otherwise lyme will not calm down .

HEr case of coming up as fast as in 10 days with bells palsy ...tells me she has bart involved or better says the MYSTERY bug BLO/MUCO.

That was my case.I was herxing and itching all over ..I was killing the LYME and BAMMM the other bug came as exsploding all over my body.

Sme for my son that was 7 years old when he was in treatment but 6 when he was active on LYME and 4 coinfections. 1 of them came positive with lab works.2 were there when we used BIOFEED BACK And muscle testing.

So you might be killing lyme if you caught it early but you never know what else is there.YOU kill one and the other one raises its head.

Been there dealing with 5 coinfections....and putting them in remission one after the other only with MUSCLE testing option .

Sometimes kids have hard time what is going on with their bodies.My son used to say that he did not know how to perscribe it.I was going through the same thing so I had to ask and exsplain the exact feeling and he would accept and will deny based on what he felt.

I know is so hard with the kids.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement