LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chlorella and doxy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chlorella and doxy?
soleil16
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soleil16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you take these together or do they need to be apart? My LLMD said to take both of these with meals, but I didn't clarify if at the same meal. I know vitamins are supposed to be 2 hours before or after doxy, and I'm having a hard time scheduling all of these supplements. Thanks!
Posts: 236 | From Washington | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GraceT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GraceT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I know when I took Doxy (only took it for one month, then switched to IV-Silver) I did not wait but one hour, then took my supplements.

Chlorella is a food source...so I'm thinkin' that it's okay to take with Doxy...

This is from the CDC Website regarding DOXY ~

Take doxycycline with food and least one full glass of water. Avoid taking antacids (like Tums or Maalox), cholestyramine (Questran), colestipol (Colestid), dairy products (like milk or yogurt) or vitamins 3 hours before or after taking doxycycline.

If you miss a dose, start again taking 1 pill every 12 hours. Do not take 2 pills to make up for the missed dose. Finish all your pills, even if you feel okay, unless your doctor tells you to stop. If you stop this medication too soon, you may become ill.

Side effects
Common side effects of doxycycline include an upset stomach, vomiting, or diarrhea. If you have problems with any of these symptoms, tell your doctor. Less common side effects include dark urine, yellowing of the eyes or skin, sore throat, fever, unusual bleeding or bruising, fatigue, white patches in the mouth. If any of these symptoms occur, call your doctor right away.

Allergic reactions are rare. Signs of an allergic reaction are rash, itching, swelling of the tongue, hands or feet, fever, and trouble breathing. If any of these symptoms occur, call you doctor right away.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/anthrax/treatment/doxypatient.asp

Maybe this website can provide you with any contraindications.

I had only minor success w/Doxy, but was Glad of it.

Wishing you the best.

Posts: 212 | From Arizona | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement