LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » COLOR THERAPY For Balancing The Body By Connie Strasheim

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: COLOR THERAPY For Balancing The Body By Connie Strasheim
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://lymebytes.blogspot.com/

By Connie Strasheim

Lyme Bytes

Color Therapy For Balancing The Body

Posted: 19 Oct 2008 08:27 PM CDT

BioTools For Wellness (http://www.biotoolsforwellness.com),

has some intriguing gadgets for healing the body. I was browsing their winter catalog today, and found all sorts of cool stuff, from lymph massagers, to ionic footbaths, to chi and ozone machines. One of the devices, called the Photon Wave, particularly interested me.

This device uses color light therapy to stimulate the optic nerve, which then theoretically sends information to the hypothalamus where it effectuates changes for physical and emotional well-being.

Research has shown that different organs in our bodies are affected by different colors, as is our emotional well-being. Color therapy has proven to be beneficial for healing depression, emotional blocks, pain, immune dysfunction, sleep, trauma and other maladies.

The Photon Wave uses color to theoretically heal these and other mental conditions such as ADD, ADHD and seasonal depression. It is also used to balance the autonomic nervous system, as those with Lyme often suffer from imbalances in this area.

The color blue, for instance, supports the parasympathetic nervous system (the involuntary "rest and digest" functions of the body), while the color red supports the sympathetic nervous system (the "fight or flight" or "get up and go" involuntary functions of the body).

I think it would be great to own a Photon Wave machine. Most Lyme sufferers, however, cannot afford such devices or even appointments with the practitioners who use them, but there are other ways to use color therapy to achieve some of the aforementioned benefits that the Photon Wave device provides.

Some benefits of color therapy can be achieved, for example, by simply wearing cheap cardboard glasses with tinted lenses. Or by wearing colors to induce an intended state of being; for instance, yellow for happiness, or pink for compassion.

Color therapy, or Chromotherapy, has its basis in energy medicine. Every color in the rainbow contains an electromagnetic frequency which positively affects the body and mind. By harnessing the energy of colors, the energy of the body can be altered, too.

By adding color to your wardrobe, painting your walls, using colorful bath crystals, or simply adding color to your life in different ways, it is thought by some that changes to the mind and body can be realized.

Even visualizations using color: http://healing.about.com/od/chakrameditate/a/chakrabath.htm, can have powerful effects upon the body.

What's more, consider that white light, which comprises all the colors of the rainbow, is often associated with divinity.

Would it not make sense for God's light to encompass all of the positive healing properties found in the different colors of the spectrum? I find the connection to be intriguing.

Only the color black has not been associated with healing. In fact, black tends to bring on feelings of depression, and a health care practitioner once told me that wearing black over the belly button suppresses the parasympathetic nervous system.

In religion, black is often associated with evil and darkness. Don't get me wrong; I love the color black! But apparently, it isn't the most beneficial color for your immune system.

So get some color into your Lyme life; it may boost your immune system in ways you hadn't thought of before.

And if your pocketbook allows for a few luxury items to help you heal, I invite you to check out BioTools for Wellness; they have some pretty neat devices for healing and detoxification.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those with bathtubs - this might do the trick for your color therapy needs...

A submergible, fully waterproof light that adds sparkling color to your bath to enhance your mood and sooth your spirit.

Choose 'SPECTRUM' for a kaleidoscope of mixing & melting of colours or 'COLOUR SELECT' to lock your favourite colour.

The Aqua Glow makes your tub look great & attaches easily & simply to any bath or jacuzzi

http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acatalog/AQUA_GLOW_BATH_LIGHTS.html

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have a jacuzzi tub with chromotherapy. What color relaxes the nervous system the best? I've only used the tub twice, if color therapy works I'll be in the tub tonight!
Posts: 260 | From Long Island, New York | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement