LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Message of hope.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Message of hope.
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After using the LightWorks, I have been feeling better & better.

It is not the route to go for everyone since everyone's story is different. I did it myself without any doctor's assistance. I went through a pretty severe healing crisis but I'm really doing well, now.

I don't know if it will continue. My next issue that I believe that I need to battle is a mold exposure problem. We are in the process of relocating, so I'll be able to get to doing a detox for mold it soon. It would seem best to wait until we are out of our current abode.

This year has been very stressful for me due to a number of reasons but I've made quite a bit of progress by using infrared light. I didn't have to spend a small fortune.

I have been ill & undiagnosed for over 10 years, so it is significant. I'm not trying to set myself up to be the "Guru of Lymenet" but I am saying that there is hope.

I can't say if this will help everyone but it helped me. We all have to look inside ourselves to find the appropriate treatment. For some, it's drugs for others, it's alternative methods.

Most of us have had a difficult path but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up hope.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sparkle,

yes, there is ALWAYS HOPE; WE CAN NEVER FORGET THAT! it's our goal ... whatever meds/alternatives any of us must chose in order to reach REMISSION. [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is your new diet going? Is it at all helpful or hard to manage?
oxygenbabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news Sparkle. And thanks for posting on your own thread, because you clearly have helpful info to give, and I think people would enjoy following your own threads about things.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sparkle

are you using nosodes, and if so, how do you use them?

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I started eating less nuts I have noticed a difference in my gum health.
pryorka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pryorka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have information on exactly what this lightworks thing is? I've built some pretty extravagant electrical and electromagnetic stuff so I was wondering if I could make one of these. Send me a message if you do because I can never find the posts I make later.
Posts: 499 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange that you mention hope, Sparkle. Because I was thinking about it off and on all day long.

What I have noticed is that there seems to be so many more solid options opening up to us with regard to treatment, and for different pocketbooks. This is so important, really, because of the bank breaking nature of lyme disease along with the complicated illness itself. We need not let this illness break us physically or financially.

Thank you for posting your experiences, and I hope your transition goes well.

Still, I am not sure I am going to be able to get used to all this hope on lymenet... it is not what I am used to here [Wink] .

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sparkle,I am happy to see your message of hope. I am glad you are doing well with the Lightworks. Also glad you started a thread. Blessings to you feeling better and better. Please keep us posted. XJ
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I didn't want to start a whole thread about it for a few reasons...

1. I didn't know if it was going to really work
2. I'm not interested in being a leader & I'm not looking for ego gratification or to prove I'm right
3. I'm not here to sell anything
4. I'm still not sure if it's a cure & will work for everyone
5. I still have pain in my back but I think it's related to a mold issue here, you can get fibromyalgia type reactions to mold - I'm in the process of moving
6. I use a pendulum to assess my illness which some people call energetic testing
7. I don't have any scientific proof or tests of anything - including that I actually have or had Lyme, I had a clinical diagnosis
8. Some people have told me that they had very severe reactions to self treating with the LightWorks - mostly people were using abx while using the LightWorks (I have been off abx for quite some time) - it's not good to mix the 2
9. I was sick of contention surrounding this issue

I was kind of disgusted by some people's or person's remarks to me about apples & oranges, ridicule, condescending stuff, accusations, below the belt remarks about my monetary situation, etc. I almost didn't post anything.

I'm not a materialistic person. I had a good job & made an adequate salary but 10 years of "mystery illness" will drag you down.

There are options. I think the first one is that you have to believe in yourself & that you can heal your illness. Believing in a doctor is good but it really comes down to you healing yourself. It's not all in your mind, though.

If people want to post stuff about the Bionic 880 on this thread - I don't mind. You can discuss nuts or your gums or building a UFO or anything you want... I just can't take the personal attacks. I don't care if you want to hijack this thread, either.

We all have our own unique experience of this illness. Whatever you do to get better is fine with me.

There is real scientific evidence that infrared light does boost the ATP quite alot. This is very important for your body to heal itself. I did not use nosodes or any IV supplements.

I was quite ill for about a month or so. I had to detox, alot... Now, I really don't feel like I have to take much of anything as far as supplements go. I mostly take a multi-vitamin & some extra magnesium & calcium.

I do also take some probiotics in the form of yogurt type products & a juice drink called GoodBelly.

I actually tried to go back on the Cowden protocol but it felt like it was too much, so I stopped.

The LightWorks works differently than the Bionic 880. I haven't tried the Bionic 880 but I read what people have been posting. The LightWorks is not as strong so you have to use it differently. I can't give you an actual protocol since I don't have enough experience with it.

If you don't have the funds to go to see a professional - it is possible to help yourself with this. You just have to be very careful & do your homework.

Search this site for my name. I posted tons of info about what I did, what I went through, & many scientific studies about infrared light & other light therapies. You may be able to use my info as a guide but search the internet, too, & study everything.

Be careful & good luck!

PS - re diet... I had to eat a very bland diet while I was detoxing for about a month or 2. Rice, oatmeal, eggs, brothy soup, etc. I had alot of intestinal issues going on which I did not have prior to using the light.

I took alot of charcoal & psylium to detox. Now, it seems I'm OK & mostly back to normal. I can drink a cup of coffee & eat pretty much my regular diet.

Also - I will keep posting. I'm not completely over all of this, yet. I still have back pain which I think is from the mold issues in the apartment where I live & have lived for 11 years. I guess I'll see if it goes away after we move & I can do a mold detox.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Sparkle!

All views and experiences are appreciated. Thank you for sharing yours.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle , I never read anything you wrote that warranted cricism, so IGNORE any dingdongs and expect there will always be a few thoughtless people. Your posts are always tactful and thoughtful.

I am so glad to hear you may be improving . KEEP sharing your story . We are all so desperate . If you see success then you may help some of us who do not have large funds to go to Germany .

You do have friends here !

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Herxuk posted this on another thread:

The Bionic 880, is aprox 4 times more powerful than the Lt Works. Maths done by Spouse.

-------

I'm not good at math for technical stuff - so, I wouldn't have been able to figure the equation. It gets kind of technical with figuring brightness, amount of LEDs, etc. They write in specific scientific ways that I wasn't able to follow.

So, in order to get a similar effect of the Bionic 880 - you would have to use the LightWorks 4 times longer... according to the math.

Seems like this may have happened with me. I used it for about an hour a day for about 2-3 week & big herx!

Of course - you have to factor in it may be a bit different due to mechanisms or trade secrets that I'm unaware of. Also, using a less strong light may have a different effect on the body but I feel like I really did get a similar reaction to what some of the people are reporting from Germany.

I would like to see a blow by blow comparison of the Bionic 880 & the LightWorks or some of the other light based devices out on the market.

This would only benefit the consumer...

PS - I did post an interview with the creator of the LightWorks here. He did mention that he took great pains to find the same or very similar LEDs to what NASA was using in their tests & studies. He specifically says that he wanted to make the device available to people.

------
http://tinyurl.com/6nw9pe

High-tech companies are exploring a strange new world to develop devices that cure an assortment of illnesses.

(excerpt)

Cutting-edge companies are working with partners in the medical research industry, as well as NASA and the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA), to provide therapeutic light-emitting diode (LED) devices that may assist in the treatment of anything from wounds to muscle aches to torn ligaments to acne to blindness and more serious illnesses.

Healing Power Of Light

Currently a handful of tech companies are making medical LED devices for professional medical use, as well as lower-tech versions for over-the-counter consumer use.

While each company's technology differs, they all work on the same basic premise: many illnesses are caused by cells inside the body being starved for energy.

Injuries are often slow to heal for the same reason, so if a way can be found to provide the correct wavelength of light (which provides an alternate form of energy) and have it absorbed by those starved cells, it should speed the healing process.

"If the cells are starved for energy, you have to find a way to provide them with the energy they need to recover from injury or disease," says Dr. Harry T.

Whelan, professor of neurology at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, who is conducting studies using medical LEDs developed by Quantum Devices Inc.

"Using LED therapy, the energy that we provide to those cells is in the form of near-infrared light, and the wavelength we've used most often is 670 nanometers, but we are still studying different wavelengths to find the optimum for different clinical situations.

And currently, we use about 50 milliwatts per square centimeter of power intensity for a period of about one to three minutes to generate anywhere between four and eight joules per square centimeter of full energy.

The energy is then converted by the cells into a high-energy phosphate, which helps speed the healing."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement