LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Amalgam Removal this weekend, Need Help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amalgam Removal this weekend, Need Help!!
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am getting my first of 4 Amalgams removed Saturday. I contact my LLMD to see what I can and should take and I was told to take Chorella.

She didn't say how much or when or anything (which I asked through email) but I'm guessing she was busy because she is usually very good.

I don't want to harass her so I'm harassing you guys [lol]

I was doing research and found this website. I need opinions is this overkill or does this sound about right?

http://www.completehealthdallas.com/MercuryAmalgamRemovalSafely.html

Thanks.
Melissa

[ 18. November 2008, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Geet3721 ]

--------------------
When the going gets tough. . . I'll keep fighting!
Ms. Geet3721

New LLMD, New abx, New life coming right up!!!!

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi mentioned a product to take but you need to order it a head of time from Europe.

Good luck and may it go smoothly for you. Report back about it. I need to get my fillings removed soon too.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an appointment next month to get the process started...

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would load myself with chlorella as sgugested. The advice seems good,in my opinion.

I didn't take lots of precaution, and got some awful experiences (air hunger DURING amalgam removal, lots of GI issues after and so on).

I took about 150 chlorella pills tested in the naturopath after removal a few days after. She said my body was loaded.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you! and Good luck!!!

I'm not going to a Holistic Dentist because of the cost so I'm just going to take some chorella before and hope for the best. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Melissa

--------------------
Ms. Geet3721

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My regular dentist used oxygen and a rubber dam while I had mine removed. Also, a pillow for your neck is helpful so your neck isn't sore the next day.

Make sure they keep vasoline on your lips so they don't get too dry while they are working.

She also gave me a valium for my nerves so I wasn't tense the whole time I was in the chair.

Ice helped me a lot afterwards and, of course, using warm salt water to ward off infection.

That's about all I can think of. I had a lot of dental work done this past year.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had mine removed one tooth at a time, with 30 or more days in between each. I used chorella starting a couple days prior and then for at least a week after. I would use 10- 200mg three times a day.

Make sure they use the dam to prevent swallowing. Use safety glasses and nose protected also.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a good idea to do the different sections close together, like every other week. If not, let at least a couple of months pass before the next. The stress is easier on the body.

You are saving money with a dentist who does not know of the dangers of amalgam?????? Not sure that is the right thing to do.

Load yourself with a good quality chlorella -- not the type that already has mercury in it ----
Biopure has a clean one. I am not sure of the rest.

Binding agents before the session and thereafter every day: Chlorella, zeolite, Destroxin, pectin, lots of fiber, charcoal, charcoal, charcoal, potato peel, apple peel, strawberries, psyllium- avoid constipation under all circumstances..., guar gum. fiber and more fiber

Good luck.

P.S. and if the dentist is smart enough, he will let you rinse the mouth in between with chlorella in liquid and then with lots of clean water. In my experience, Biologo-Detox is by far the best stuff for catching any neurotoxin, but only available and shipped within the European Union. They do not ship here. It can be used for all neurotoxin mop-up. [URL=http://www.ll-euro.com]www.ll-euro.com[/URL

P.P.S. DMPS has been used in Europe for fiftysome years. I have had many DMPS injections. It has to be tested, timed and done right, just as any other metal mobilizing agent. It has and should be done only by a doctor who knows how.

Today, I would not do any DMPS or any other mobilizing agent. I would use the Bionic880 treating the infections and activating the metals, all of them, at the same time, or whenever energetic testing confirms the timing of the treatment. It is amazing how many years we spent trying to rid ourselves of metals. The photons, again if timed right, handle it beautifully in a few treatments. I experienced that with my husband and the same has been confirmed by Bionic therapists I have questioned. But you have to have access to a Bionic880 and hopefully a person who can do good/clean energetic testing and understands that there should be a certain order to treatments for the body to be able to handle the exposures and fallout best. Adding more toxins to an already overburdened body certainly can backfire
in a bad way.

(This is in part I am sure the reason for this Dmpsbackfire story and uninformed pass the story on and on until it no longer resembles the actual facts.)

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Geet,

Just a couple of things to add to all the great advice.

Vitamin C is a good thing to use to mop up toxins. Be sure NOT to use it before your amalgam-removal sessions with the dentist, though. It can reduce the effectiveness of the novocaine or whatever numbing injections you receive.

Take a bottle of water and your supplements with you to the appointment and begin taking them right away, before you get home.

There are some other dietary things that are said to help--high-protein diet, the herb cilantro or herbal tincture, juicing vegetables if you have a juicer, and whey protein drinks.

Rubber dam, lots of irrigation and suction to cool the surfaces being drilled and to suck up any chunks of mercury. Ask for goggles and oxygen. My dentist just used the oxygen from the nitrous oxide tank--kind of a little rubber cup that he laid over my nose. I figured it was better than nothing, because it helped block any mercury fumes that might have been liberated.

If you have jaw pain from all the drilling, ask for a little block to bite on. Don't bite down hard, but rest your teeth on it. It keeps your mouth open enough for the dentist to work without straining your jaw and face/neck muscles.

I've read that to avoid autoimmune problems down the road, don't cross the midline of the body in one appointment. By that they mean if you're going to do two quadrants at the same time, do upper and lower on one side, not on opposite sides. It's often best to take care of top and bottom on one side at the same time, because you are going to be getting numbed there anyway.

No one mentioned compatibility testing for all dental materials. I had my amalgams replaced by a mercury-free dentist 4-5 years ago. He muscle-tested me for everything he was considering using. If I was doing it now, I think I would have the lab testing done. Not sure how much it is, though, or where to get it.

Take care and good luck,
Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

I would be really careful and only go to a dentist who is very experienced in removing mercury and who comes highly recommended. My current dentist has not a clue but he pretends he does so I am switching.

Someone I know went to a holistic dentist and had the mercury drip down her throat so do go to someone who has a good reputation even if it does cost a little more just to be safe.

Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW guys thank you all for all the information, good stuff.

I simply can not afford to go to a holistic dentist its way too expensive I don't want to pay to it in the long run but I have spoken with my dentist at length and I am convinced he knows what he is doing.

My LLMD was adamant about getting these out asap.

I am going to do one quadrant at a time and take lots of Chorella. I will consult with a doctor once they are all removed to further chelate

Thank you guys again!!! Your all amazing!

--------------------
Ms. Geet3721

Angelica
Unregistered

Wishing you an easy and healthy removal.
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi GEET, how did this turn out?

Everything OK??

I need to get mine out too....Rich

Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take chlorella before and right after procedure. If he is a good dentist, he will let you rinse with it in between.

Add pectin, zeolite, charcoal, guar gum, and lots of fiber. Take a lot before going to bed. Take it all the time, alternating them. All these will pick up toxic metals, but also all neurotoxins from die-off pathogens as you are treating for them. Never let off taking these. You will avoid reabsorption of toxins and will feel a lot better if you always have plenty of these binding agents on board.

The one I like best and sadly is not available here yet is Biologo-Detox available in Austria. But they will only ship to EU countries. I had ours sent to a friend and they sent it on to us here. It is quite expensive, but worth every cent because it covers all - including organ support and emotional support. It is not only a binding agent, but good metal detox agent. I was told it should be available in this country in springtime.

Good luck and take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't imagine doing them one at a time-our dentist does them 1/4 or 1/2 your mouth at a time...i guess he's good cuz not too much pain or any problems at all

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement