LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Back is %100 better

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back is %100 better
lymeHerx001
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you might have read about my troubles with memory foam and the new bed.

I put plastic on the bed that the mattress came in and have been sleeping on that with a blanket over it!

My back feels great! It wasnt all lyme in my back. In fact I had an X-ray last week of my back and the doctor said it looked fine. Everything normal.

So it was my crappy bed that was causing a majority of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn I wish I knew a long time ago,,, In fact I did but I was just to depressed to do anything about it having failed in the past.

Anyway this mattress is still in plastic and cost $1500 for a twin. I talked to the president of the company and he said that I can choose something else out if I wanted to and return it for my money back if it didnt work out.

Even though it feels great Im still sleeping on plastic. The only other Simmons this store has is not a Beautyrest worldclass and has less coils. The one in the store felt less supportive.

So I dont know If I should just keep sleeping on the plastic or give the cheaper bed a try.

Im just so damn happy about my back not hurting the way it used to!

Lyme and myco make you so much more sensitive to everything. I was just convinced it was in my head and not what I was sleeping on. I am in denial no longer!

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janis1023
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janis1023     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little victory is still a victory. Congratulations!

--------------------
3 Strains Mycoplasma and Chlymedia 2001.
After treatment fine for all 2004.
Major symptoms since 2005.
Diag Aug 2008 Lyme.
400 mg/d doxy
500 2/d Ceftin

Posts: 164 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you Im enjoying it while I can!
Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LymeHerx said~
""My back feels great! It wasnt all lyme in my back. In fact I had an X-ray last week of my back and the doctor said it looked fine. Everything normal.""

Congrats on feeling better and finding the answer.
If a person thinks abt it, one spends atleast 6 hrs a day in bed, more when we are sick. So the right mattress makes a big difference.

Many don't realize, things like old uneven shoes can throw the back off and cause pain, in the hips and knees too. Or if a woman has an over loaded purse being carried all the time on the same side of the body can cause pain too.

In todays world, many people are walking on concrete all the time and don't realize thats hard on the back and all the joints.{Drs are quick to say its arthritis, when it may not be.} Most first floor apartments have concrete under the carpet. That maybe why, they feel so painful when they come home from the store.

Some of it has to do with how low the bed/ mattress is , when your trying to get in and out of it to. Soft couches, when your butt sinks in, but your kness are higher than the hips, cause pain too.

Lymeherx said~
""So I dont know If I should just keep sleeping on the plastic or give the cheaper bed a try.""

I think, it would be wise to keep what you have, since its making you feel better. You have been through a lot to get to this point, right?

I went through this abt 2 yrs ago. I know I have alot of lower back damage, per several mri's. I decided at the time to upgrade from a full size to a queen size, my mattress set was almost 3 grand. { I am still paying off, well worth it to me!!}

But, in the time I have had it, I have NOT had any major "back attacks". I would suffer with one for several months. Its much higher and easier for me to get in and out of, less strain on the back itself.

Good luck with your decision. Hope you continue to feel better!!

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Yes Dakota thank-you from the bottom of my heart. We only know anothers suffering if we have suffered ourselves.

My back is better just because what Im sleeping on is supportive. Its a plush/firm simmons beautyrest. It was $1500 for just the mattress set. The other one they had was a classic simmons beautyrest plush/firm with 130 less coils!

It felt less supportive but it was 1/2 the price.

This is the 4th mattress I tried in 10 years. At least now I know that I cant have anything too hard or too soft. Plus the simmons contours better.

Its just a shame that I have to cover it in plastic. I still dont know what Im gonna do about this.

They will let me get another one and then return that for my money back if Im not satisfied. If that happens then I might order the same bed I have now with latex instead of memory foam.

What a crazy deal all these decsions are!

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Just told them that I wanna exchange it for another one that is cheaper. I dont want to sleep on hot plastic! Anyway the visco isint all that worth it anyway, there was only 1/2 an inch. BUt boy did it stink!!!

Now im getting with 130 less coil density and without foam incasement but its still a beautyrest classic plush/firm. We should be fine!

hcconn22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hcconn22   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As others said above a good mattress is worth the money. you spend a lot of time in it, and if you ill you spend even more time in it.

If it works for you keep it. Whats a few hundred dollars when your pain is gone...

Just rotate it once in a while.

--------------------
Positive 10 bands WB IGG & IGM
+ Babesia + Bartonolla and NOW RMSF 3/5/09 all at Quest

And still positive ELISA and WB two years after IV treatment
http://www.lymefriends.org/profile/blake

Posts: 607 | From Tick Town, Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad you found a way to get rid of your back pain. I know how horrible it can be.

I hope your new bed works out. I really wouldnt to keep sleeping on plastic either.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Its so funny the things we go through here that others wouldnt even go through!
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Well I did get my replacement bed. I slept on it with just normal sheets and mattress protector.

I slept rather poorlly! My neck hurts when I move it and my back is sore. I feel that its not supportive enough.

I should have just kept the other bed! You might have seen my thread "Just wasted $1700 on a bed. MCS su*ks"

Well I fixed it by putting the plastic back on the mattress. Then I put a comfortor on it and then another cover. It was noisey but that didnt bother me. It just got hot a couple of times when the heat was on too high.

I should have listened to you and just kept the damn thing! Im just so indecisive. The bed was great though, I could lay in it and my back nor neck hurt at all.

Now when I lay in this one my back starts to act up and my hips sink to far into it.

With visco its great for fibromyalgia, terrible for MCS. But then putting plastic over it helped about 98%!

What a fool I am. All this just to be pain free.

Dammit

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

its all about choices!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you reverse your decision? Will they help you?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

I hope they will! I allready wrote them before complaining about the visco smell and the sales guy telling me that its not a problem.... well it is!!!!!

Now the problem is that I figured out how to stop the smell. Put it in plastic! It workd. I put a cover over it and a blanket and it was fine. A liitle noised and a little hot at times but perfect!

I was waking in no pain. I guess this visco stuff is terrible to breath and when it get on your skin, but its great at releaving pressure like in a bed. They just havent designed a way for it to not smell!

As crazy as it sounds I want that bed back. And If I cant get it back I will go to 1800mattress or something else like that and get there version. Then Im gonna wrap it in plastic and then sheets and a cool max mattress pad and I should be good to go!

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Can you reverse your decision? Will they help you?

Someone was just telling me about the shack. Maybee this will solve my problems [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement