LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Red Streaks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red Streaks
Faith6
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14072

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Faith6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 red streaks on my back. They are about 3/8" by 3". My massage therapist noticed one yesterday - today that one is fading and I have one on the other side of my back. Does anyone have a clue to what they are from? I remember seeing two like this on one of my daughters years ago. When my daughters get home I'll try and get a picture on.

-

-

Thanks, Faith

[ 09. January 2009, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Faith6 ]

--------------------
"His faithful love endures forever." Psalm 136

Posts: 189 | From MN | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faith6
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was treated for Bart Sept-Oct-Nov-ish. I was on Cipro for two months which made me very, very sick and sore. [Mad] Like Lyme had really hit- so was it a herx or a drug side affect?

Then I was on Fluconazole for a week and then Cedinir for a few weeks before I had many digestional issues.

I decided to quit everything except thyroid and sleep meds (a month-I had cataract surgery during this time) and then gradually started some supplements again.

I saw my LLMD earlier this week. She said Lyme was in remission and put me on a manageable number of supplements. I think she knows I need a rest.

Do you think the rash is from not knocking out the bart, just getting it riled up, or the new supplements making more things come out? Untill now I have never noticed this type of rash on myself although we do have two indoor cats.

Faith

--------------------

Posts: 189 | From MN | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your LLMD should look at them and decide if they are caused by bart or not. If they are caused by bart, the streaks are supposedly caused by blood vessel growth.

Dr. S. has a book that shows a lot of rashes. Perhaps you could compare yours to his book?

I developed streaks once I started treatment and several other people have said the same thing so that does happen. I would think you would need to be on something that specifically affects bart in order for the streaks to come out. What supplements are you on?

Mine didn't come and go and are just now finally almost gone after 11 months of treatment. I heard in a presentation by an LLMD that they don't come and go but mine will fade and then become darker depending on treatment. Also, when my body temp changes like during a shower they will get darker. Makes some sense due to blood vessels and how they respond to temperatures.

I really think you should have your LLMD look at them and make a determination. I don't think the bart that is seen in many chronic lyme patients is very easy to get rid of so your short treatment time may not have gotten rid of it.

You could have gotten the typical bart that cats pass though. I think that is easier to get rid of. If that is what you had, perhaps your cat still has it? They can carry it around on their paws. Have you been scratched recently?

Edited to add:
Excellent post by Melanie about CSD. I forgot about fleas as a possible vector. Also, cat bites and dogs.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=076345

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like bart to me..i get them when i'm in the sauna....

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faith6
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. Thanks for all your info.

I called my LLMD's office and they said to take a picture of it and bring it to my next appointment.

I was thinking - a couple months ago - it must have been around the second month of treatment, both cats kept pawing and clawing me like they wanted to play. It was strange because they usually ignore me.

Because cats are so perceptive I wonder if they could feel my body changing and trying to get rid of the bart. Any guesses?

The new supplements I'm on are End Fatigue, Artic Root, and magnesium.

Is there a difference between the bart with Lyme and cat scratch bart?

Faith

--------------------

D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cats are carriers of Bart. Maybe they wanted it back?

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faith6
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14072

I was thinking they are carriers and wanted to make sure I still was too! [bonk]

--------------------

TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faith wrote:
Is there a difference between the bart with Lyme and cat scratch bart?

I'm no expert but my understanding is that the bart infection that comes with ticks has been coined "BLO" for bartonella like organism.

It does not seem to be eradicated by the typical treatment that gets rid of cat scratch fever.

Hopefully someone who knows more about it will come along.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Faith6 - I've developed just such a streak on my left arm and I too have a cat. However, I've never tested positive to Bart, although I have been treated for Toxoplasmosis a couple of times.

Also, if you're taking minocycline like I as, it can cause a pseudo-Lupus or Shingles type reaction. I had Erythema Nodosom (sp) about a year and a half ago and when I quit taking mino, it disappeared. I quit mino a few days ago and waiting to see if this disappears also.

Let us know if you find out what it is. Do you take mino?

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Faith6 - I've developed just such a streak on my left arm and I too have a cat. However, I've never tested positive to Bart, although I have been treated for Toxoplasmosis a couple of times.

Also, if you're taking minocycline like I am, it can cause a pseudo-Lupus or Shingles type reaction. I had Erythema Nodosom (sp) about a year and a half ago and when I quit taking mino, it disappeared. I quit mino a few days ago and waiting to see if this disappears also.

Let us know if you find out what it is. Do you take mino?

ping

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faith6
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14072

ping-

At this point I'm not on any abx so I'm thinking it might have been one of my new supplements that was bringing something out. I have had other rashes (two types that seem to be leaving after about 2 months - LLMD said dry skin), but maybe they had something to do with each other? Who knows!

Faith

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Faith,

Can you email photos as an attachment to your LLMD?

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement