LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr. Jones hearing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. Jones hearing
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if Dr. Jones had a hearing last week? If so does anyone know what happened?
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know his hearing was on Friday. I don't know the result of it.....

My son hopefully will being seeing him in September.

I hope all goes well for that wonderful man.

If anyone does know anymore info please post....

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It did not go as well as he had hoped. He had been hoping for a positive outcome, as this panel seemed different and more understanding.

However bottom line is, they are pretty much going to keep going after him and have no intentions of giving up.

He believes the decision will go to the full board, that he will be found guilty, and then will have to appeal, just as he is with the first set of charges.

He expects the hearings for the first set of charges to take place in Nov/Dec 09.

Discouraging...but there are a lot of political wheels turning behind this process and a lot at stake for a lot of big names, so I guess it was unrealistic to think this one might actually turn out fairly,

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, it's important to note that all the evidence presented showed NO PROOF that he was guilty of anything.

But as we saw in the first hearing, that doens't really matter.

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh crap.
this is ludicrous.

i'll ask about it next time we see him as well.

mo

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sad. We all need to remember that money will be needed. If everyone even gave $5.00 to his defense fund it would all add up.

We see him in a few weeks.

Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Cody put $20 in his "Defense Fund Jar" yesterday at his appointment.

I forgot to mention this, it is just heartbreaking. Dr. Jones told us that all he could think of at the end of the hearing was the following poem, reciting it in his head:

When I Heard the Learned Astronomer

by Walt Whitman

When I heard the learn'd astronomer,

When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,

When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,

When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,

How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,

Till rising and gliding out I wander'd off by myself,

In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,

Look'd up in perfect silence at the stars.

--------------------

Tracy9
Member # 7521

In this poem, with no hurry, no schedule, no following someone else's line of thought-- the author gazes up into the heavens and observes the brilliance of the stars themselves, instead of merely hearing about them through charts, diagrams, and numbers.

Thank God Dr. Jones sees the brilliance of our stars instead of merely fitting them into some IDSA chart, diagram, or protocol.

--------------------

Alana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update on the hearing.

What this man is going through is just ridiculous. He is being persecuted like a war criminal. His crime is that he has helped kids and has only their best interest at heart.

Let's all keep him in our prayers, and please everyone, donate whatever you can to his defense fund.

We see him again next week. Everytime we go, we give what we can. Every little bit helps.

Posts: 214 | From where ticks flourish | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosebuds mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosebuds mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I was surprised by this injustice.

I hope he knows how much he means to us all.

When we saw him a couple weeks ago he was so

kind and thoughtful to my daughter. He had

asked her to bring in her art portfolio to

share. Dr. J really put his attention on each

piece by asking questions and listening to my

daughters ideas. Like with everything he does to

care for our children, he was careful,

respectful and sensitive. Further proving his

depth as a human.

It breaks my heart that he is not recieving the

same respect that he gives others so freely.

Posts: 118 | From Here | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
giving money for defense fund is why i keep emphasizing the 1 page i made up and found on ACTIVISM about giving dr. jones defense fund link to show where money can be sent to,

and letter to dr . jones for moral support!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just some thoughts - I wonder if some of the great humanitarians of our time could weigh in somehow -

Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama - people who have had to go through persecution - and could make a moral statement on Dr Jones' behalf?

Veterans of human rights movements making a statement?

Children's health organizations making a statement?

A petition signed by as many people as possible, to be delivered somewhere with some media attention?

I mean, come on, a doctor getting children well again? This seems like a no-brainer.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We live in a corrupt and dishonest country. This must be clear by now.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has so helped so many. And, even with his advanced age and legal problems he continues to help. It's hard to imagine many other people carrying forward as he does.

He is a strong good man and does not deserve any of this.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
adding this to help others on additional suggestion.

i typed this up and printed off and given FOR EACH ATTENDEE to let them know about dr. jones legal situation and his bill costing $90,000 - $100,000, and a plea to donate money for this cause.

This way a steady flow of DONATED $$$ can be sent to Dr. Jones legal defense after each showing of UNDER OUR SKIN.

Dr. Burrascano's most recent "Diagnostic Hints and 2008 Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses" @

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/treatment_guidelines.html

suggests that you discuss with your doctor continuing treatment until you are symptom free for 2 months.

this link, making the most of your LLMD visit, may help you also

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=020605#000005

please see BettyG's newbie package info on the link below; click on link at bottom of my package. Check it out as time permits for you! 160 pages of good info !!

Bettyg's NEWBIE PACKAGE w/TABLE OF CONTENTS!
http://tinyurl.com/Bettyg-NEWBIE-PACKAGE

--------------------
IGENEX ``Lyme diagnostic'' lab, Calif., 1.800.832.3200; www.igenex.com and ALL 15 protein bands are shown on lab results!! CALL THEM FOR CURRENT $$.

If you would like to send a letter of SUPPORT or thank you to Dr. Jones, please send to: Dr. Charles Ray Jones
111 Park St., 1st floor
New Haven, CT 06511
HOW TO DONATE TO KIDS LLMD DR. JONES LEGAL DEFENSE FUND:

Make Donations payable to: " Pullman & Comley
Trust Account-for Dr. Charles Jones"
Mail to:
Elliott Pollack
c/o Pullman & Comley, LLC
90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103-3702

Note "gift" in the memo field
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGnsAgKT8s

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement