LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tindamax, black tongue, terrible taste in mouth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tindamax, black tongue, terrible taste in mouth
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on tindamax for a little over a month. I've had a bad taste in my mouth and a greyish tongue for several weeks but today when I looked at my tongue, the back area is black!

Over the past few days the terrible taste in my mouth has gotten much worse and my gums hurt and feel inflamed. I've also had a horrendous headache all day, worse than ususal.

I see my LLMD on Monday but I'm inclined to go off Tindamax now until I see him, especially since it has gotten so much worse in the past few days.

I'm on a prescription anti-fungal - not systemic and also herbs that are supposed to help fungal infections.

In reading the archives, I see that LymeCFIDSMCS recommends using a tongue scraper and hydrogen peroxide. I have both and plan to use them.

Any advice or thoughts would be most appreciated.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In dogs, Niacin deficiency can cause black hairy tongue. Supposedly in humans black hairy tongue can be caused by antibiotic use and is harmless (according to a quick look at Wikipedia-not always the best reference)
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Parisa, I'll check it out.

I take B vitamins but I don't take B3. I don't like the niacin flush but I think there is a non-flush version.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Thanks tosho. I used some powdered acidophilus that I've had for a long time last night. I'll open the capsules of some others that are fresher and see if that helps.

Terry

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just stopping by to offer my support and encouragement! Wish I could be of more help!!

Hugs to my buddy! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Thanks tutu! It's been great seeing you around here lately. Must mean you are doing better? I sure hope so.

Hugs back at ya sweetie!

Terry

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like bad yeast to me, helped by the tini. Do use a tongue scraper and hydrogen peroxide to gargle. Also, put some grapefruit seed extract on your toothbrush with your toothpaste and really brush your tongue well (you should do this one a regular basis),

then scrape it and gargle. Rinse it out well and them open a bunch of acidophilis capsules on your tongue and let them dissolve and stay there are long as you can.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing well. Nothing to do today but watch TV and talk to my Lyme friends. Hubby is out with his musician stuff.

I DID wash clothes! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

nomore, Great advice. I'll add liquid grapefruit seed extract to my toothbrush. I already take 2X per day but didn't think about adding it to the toothbrush. I'm using acidophilus in my mouth after every brush/tongue scraping and I think that is helping too.

The awful taste in my mouth was better this morning and so was the black tongue but within a few hours after waking up it was bad again. ugh!

I think it is a fungal infection but I'm not sure that it's candida. Candida usually causes a white tongue.

I get on a plane to see my LLMD tomorrow so I'll find out what he say's about it. Thanks so much for the great advice!

tutu, that is great news that you are doing well!!! So nice to take a break without doing it because you feel too sick to do anything else. Hope you had a great, relaxing day!

Terry

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement