LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Essential Oils

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Essential Oils
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am moving on to the essential oils in a committed way...finally...and have done a search to find some good information.

However, and I feel that I can only truly be understood here at this forum

With regard to how insanely comprehensive this disease is

Or seems

Affecting everything with so many symptoms and cycling.

So my question for those of you experienced or trying essential oils is.....I need specifics. I have googled and found different info.

Some days my left leg is in so much pain I want to amputate. What oil would be good for that?

Which oil to improve circulation?

Which oils for trigeminal neualgia?

For vibrating?

For deeeeeeeep gnawing knee and hip joint pain?

For feet that feel like that are going to fracture when I step on them?

For a spine that burns?

For a spin that feels really kind of compressed or something.

Fatigue?

Extreme sound sensitivy?

Blurry vision?

There's more, but I'll begin with that.

I think the first I want to tackle is the deep intense knee and hip joint pain, and I want to use an essential oil compress.

Tonight I'll try Rose for the chostochondritis and see if my chest feels stronger.

I've begun with a small selection of oils, doing a little research and going intuitively.

I have Roman chamomile, lavender, rose, peppermint, eucapyptus, and a couple others.

I was thinking to add

clove, cinamin, lemon, Frankinsence.

Anyone know about this??

I am not convinced I am still dealing with active infection, I think I am dealing with more autoimmune stuff now. Or post nerve damage.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use oils. Young Living. They are expensive but probably the purest oils around. There are some forums on these oils and Lyme specifically.

Theives, which is a blend is said to be efective when used on the bottom of the feet.

Peppermint has been the most helpful for me in terms of pain. Theives is a mixture of clove, cinnamon and something else that I cannot recall at the moment.

I have been using oils for the last 6 months and while they do bring some relief, for me it is short lived.

I have done better with Tiger Balm to be honest...which is camphor and menthol.

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful. Good luck with oils.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yanivnaced
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yanivnaced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't comment on your specific symptoms but Rizol is a blend of ozonated essential oils that people take internally. It's supposed to have action against Lyme and many of the coinfections.

I know from personal experience it can cause major dieoff/herx.

Posts: 655 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using essential oils for many years. It is only one of many tools that I use for healing.

I use Young living oils and Nature's Sunshine (both excellent, pure oils) along with some others. I have taken Theives oil internally for toxins but it is very strong so one must be careful.

I also use a diffuser with a motor that disperses the oils into the room. I cleared out mycotoxins using a complex program of essential oils.

Have you considered using muscle testing to help determine optimal use of oils? Why not use other healing modalities too?

No need to respond if you don't want to. I don't want to start a debate, just want you to get well. In my view that may require the use of other treatments in conjunction with essential oils.

Edited to add:
There was a woman on here, I think her name was Farrah?? She used essential oils with great success. She had a formula for lyme that was very good. She no longer makes it and last I heard, no one could get the formula. Someone else had another formula. You might be able to get it by doing some searching through the archives.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you wanted to hear about oils but I don't know how to control your symptoms with oils so I'm going to give you the info that I know works for me.

I have found that Mineral Chi Tonic by Natures Sunshine keeps the vibrating down and after many months of using it 2X per day, the vibrations are mostly gone. They were very hard to live with so I'm grateful to have found something that worked for me.

Extreme sound sensitivity for me is a build up of toxins. The sound sensitivity gets better with drainage rememdies. You might also consider things for inflammation from the looks of your symptom list.

Blurred vision seems to be bad when I have brain toxins. Wheat grass has been very helpful for that.

Take care and feel better soon,
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the feedback so far.

I tried chamomile oil on my trigeminal nerve and I plan to keep that one up and see how it helps because it did seem to calm it down a bit.

I tried a combo of chamomile, lavender, tea tree on my knee and hip but nothing helps this left leg pain so far. Later I am going to try a cold compress with peppermint oil.

Feelfit, I may end up trying the tiger balm eventually but I am going to keep trying with these oils. After my recent bout with poison ivy I am really into the idea of compresses.

Yanivnaced, thanks for the idea. I am trying to steer clear of any herx at this time and only look for relief. After years of herxing, I'm completely not wanting anymore of that. Maybe I'm in denial but maybe I am headed in the right direction. Exercise seems to stirr things up in ways it never did before I was diagnosed. I used to run miles but now I can barely walk without my spine burning, or my left leg going into serious amputate like mode pain, or etc.

TerryK, as for the quality, do you know the brand called AuraCacia? This is the brand I am using. I know quality is very important but after years of battling this disease, so is my empty pocketbook!

--------------------

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparrow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use some essential oils for my daughter--she is in her 20's and is the lymie.

Her favorite one for muscle aches is marjoram. It does seem to act like a muscle relaxer. We also use peppermint to help with pain issues.

I have used a variety of brands, but never Young Living. I have used the AuraCacia brand and think it works well. I have ordered some hard to get oils from Nature's Gift. I think there is some good information on that site. I have no ties to them.

If you have a Half Price bookstore around, you might see if you can pick up a book or two on essential oils. I have found a couple of books there on essential oils that have helped me.

Also you might consider homeopathy if you have never tried that. I am still trying to learn all I can about that and think it will prove to be very helpful in the TBD battle.

Good luck in your treatment.

Posts: 177 | From God's Grace | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

hi Painted Turtle,
Yes, I think Aura Cacia is a good brand. I buy their essential oils sometimes since my local health food store keeps that brand in stock. Their prices are slightly less than Nature's Sunshine.

What I find is that I sometimes have to go to the brand that sells the specific oil that I want because not all brands carry all oils. For example, Young Living carries some oils that I can't find anywhere else like Thieves oil. I also like Tsuga from them.

I typically go by muscle testing to pick my oils and of course I research too.

I looked around for the posts from Farah (I had wrong spelling) and here are a few about essential oils. You may find better info about essential oils in her older posts. I ran out of time so I'll leave that to you to search further if you so desire.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/54139?

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/53809?

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/56927?

A person posted that they burn lavender for sleep but they are still having problems.

"If you are already burning lavender essential oil, try sticking 30 drops of it in vegetable oil and rubbing it into your head. Use your knuckles and rub it in deep. Also, massage your ears real thorough while you are at it. When you massage your ears, it releases natural opiates into the body. That is a more healthy way to get to sleep than alcohol."

Terry

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not explored oils but read that clove oil is very good for treating bartonella. It burns if you put it on your skin. I did an experiment using it with DMSO on my skin which was overwhelming so I quit. DMSO is anti-inflammatory and penetrates the skin going into the tissue taking whatever is mixed with it along. It also kills bacteria and is one of the strongest antioxidants. I am using DMSO alone now and see an improvement in my skin. It may have helped the tendinitis in my arm which is getting much better.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma who posts here says that camphor helps with lymph drainage.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Wow! Great! Thanks for more feedback.

Here is what I have to report so far:

I am continuing the Roman Chamomile on my trigeminal nerve and it seems to calm it down, I hope if I keep it up, I just won't feel that pain anymore.

During the height of my illness the sides of my neck were hardening and I never did figure out what that was, or why. But now I have neck arthritis. I tried the Roman Chamomile on the sides of my neck. Several hours later I did have lympth node pain on the same side as the trigeminal nerve pain. But it passed. Maybe it was a small herx?

I tried the peppermint oil cold compress for my left leg. Didn't help a bit with the pain and in fact more muscle spasms started.

This morning I decided to just go with the Roman Chamomile again and applied it directly to inner knee joint, thigh, and hip. It made a difference but I feel the spasms starting back up and I feel a lot of heat coming from the knee joint.

I tried Tea Tree in jojoba carrier on my feet. No help.

So I'll keep experimenting.

Sparrow, thanks for the suggestion about Marjoram I will add that one for my muscle spasms and see it it works.

TerryK, thanks for the links I will peruse them I know Farah had a lot of success in her persistence. What did you mean by other healing modalities, what do you have in mind?

Nefferdun, I am going to add clove to my arsenol and try it on my feet, as well as possibly add it for my trigeminal nerve. What is DMSO?

Hi Bejoy, I haven't thought of addressing lymph.

I am looking for one I can use on my spine, I imagine this is a highly sensitive area and some oils might be too intense.

--------------------

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ginger oil is good for circulation. Marjoram in theory is good for aching muscles.

I made up a blend of most of the oils Farrah used some time ago and use them sometimes on the skin or in the bath, but I can't claim anything dramatic: using them gives me pleasure though and that's worth a lot! I love eucalyptus and the citrus oils,

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Hi painted turtle,
You asked what other healing modalities that I had in mind?

Well actually, I think I made an incorrect assumption. You didn't say that you would only be using essential oils. I was worried that you were limiting yourself when that may not be the case at all.

You've been around here for awhile so no doubt you've tried a number of things already. I looked at your symptom list and was concerned that you wouldn't be able to find everything you needed with essential oils only.

What did I have in mind? Specifically I was thinking that herbs and supplements would be important to include when using essential oils.

Ideally, anything that looks like it might be effective and that you feel you could afford and would be comfortable with. As you know after reading this forum for awhile, there are many things that could be helpful. That said, I know it is impossible to spend the time and money necessary to study and implement every modality out there.

As you note, this is a comprehensive disease. I think we need to use all the tools at our disposal. Antibiotics, rife, suana, homeopathics, drainage remedies, infared, changing ones diet, monitoring PH so that the bugs don't have a happy environment, getting rid of metals etc..

Terry

jam338
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jam338     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been thinking about essential oils too, but know very little about them. Very glad to see this thread to learn more.

What type of diffuser unit are y'all using/recommend?? I have been looking at the air pump one shown on the following website. Does it look like the right type, etc?

http://www.secretofthieves.com/thieves-diffuser.cfm

TerryK, I have an essential oil/mold question for you about Thieves oil product but will ask it over on the mold thread so I don't inadvertently hijack this one.

Posts: 495 | From SF Bay area, CA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep in mind the possibility that leg pain, especially radiating from the hip, can be caused by adrenal stress. You might want to get your cortisol levels checked.

Herbs for adrenals include licorice root. You might want to try that as an oil on your back just above the kidneys.

Also keep in mind that many essential oils will cancel out homeopathic remedies, so it's best to use them separately.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

jam - I have 2 diffusers. The first one I bought from Young living. I then found another one that was much more powerful and bought it. This is the second one that I bought.
http://www.diffuserworld.com/aromapro--essential-oil-diffuser-nebulizer-p-9.html

Sometimes I have them both going, particularly when working on mycotoxins.

The second one on the link that you gave looks like the Young Living diffuser.

Terry

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement