LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Feeling better then I have in 59+ years, I'm 59 years old !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feeling better then I have in 59+ years, I'm 59 years old !
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well folks,

Prayer Does WORK!
I have been attending saturday morning "men's prayer group",

at Bayside Community Church, down here in Safety Harbor, Florida.

This group has been meeting for a long time I guess. I'm their "NEWBIE"!

Even though I and I know a whole lot of people have been praying for me and more importantly, my doctor, to gain intelligence, somehow overnight!

Last month, I related a story told to me, by a man who served in WWII.

He told us all,that whenever the guys(veterans of WWII) would get "syphillis".

The doctors had to give them 84 straight days of penicillin!

I could be wrong, as I don't have, nor never did have, that infection.

However, it sounded rather severe to me, having to treat, that long, for a penicillin vulnerable STD.

They gradually were cured of the dread disease, before being shipped back home to the USA.

I was curious. I did'nt want to believe that all the vets that the doctors treated for syphilis,

actually had syphilis,

and not a TBD.

Not common knowledge or University taught very diligently, then and probably overlooked,

among "Mainstream Medical" practitioners, at that time.

As well as neglected in our era. GWS for example!

Given, some did,in fact, probably have the STD.

However, a lot of the fighting in the european theaters of operations.

We might safely assume. Were cunducted in and around outskirts of rural areas.

My thinking, "RIFE",(excuse my use of that word),

with small mammals, deer, critters of probably all sorts.

The populations which, pre-war, might have been of greater numbers, then might have existed,

by the time,our soldiers returned and tred these areas.

Since first having been devastated by hungry soldiers, when Germany and WWI went through their forests and then again in WWII.

Leaving in their wake. Many hungry parasites left to feed on anything they could find.

Possibly, probably, I surmised! Some of the spirochetes, (supposedly seen under microscope by this corpsman).

Were not all treponema palledin in species! But, european TBD's.

Which caused the often times never noticed erythema migrans(bullseye)rash!

So, ignorantly mistaken for syphilis!

My llmd in training, then agreed to the Schardt(spl)German doctor(scientist)regimen of bicillin shots IM for a period of time.

Dependant on subjects(patients), size, girth, years infected and possible steroidal miss directed therapy.

After which, I will follow with a time of Diflucan orals.

You'll all be happy to know that I have employed this regimen with much marked and drammatic result!

My only disclaimer is that this is just my experience and may not work for everyone.

However,

If you and your duck or even your llmd have put off this simple regimen.

High dose/frequency and accompanied by pulse metronidazole and Rifampin in tandem with the IM shots.

I was taking, 300 mgs Rifampin twice daily. I just ran out. We'll see how that works.

I pulsed around two days before my "lyme-normal" monthly flare...

the 18th thru 21st adding rifampin on the 20th and starting IM penicillin "G" on the 23rd.

Starting with one injection every other day(23rd, 25th and 27th. However,

(not satisfied with length of feeling good in between feeling poorley).

Began every day IM injections,28th through to today June 2.

Have sustained feeling, EXCELLENT, today, for 8 hours. Every day increasing longevity of feeling well!

Plus of course, fewer down time hours. I actually attained dream state(recouperative sleep) last night.

I was, pre-present regimen, getting much worse.

More sleep deprived and more psychologically affected as well as physically.

This is just my first report experientially of course. Read my disclaimer below this post.

I leave it to you and your treating physician.

However,

I envision, leaving here in 84 or so days!

God willing!

Never to return again!

Some of us would know what that means.

My huge test, will be my typical six month cycle this month and then again later in December.

Wish us all luck!

As I will either post my results or tell someone else to post them.

Praise God, Finally some light!

He IS THE LIGHT!

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that mean you're not going to be "Nasty Man" anymore. (not quite sure why you posted that somewhere on this board).

Maybe a change in disposition is a positive thing as well. The best to you in feeling well! Hope your plan works for you.

Interesting about the vets maybe having TBD's instead of STD's.

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is now 5PM and I finished that lengthly post a little while ago. I had to return.

The J-Herx's have been almost too tough to take.

However, when you pray...be specific and pray to the Holy Spirit. Because He is our intersetion down here in a Satanically ruled Earth until the Son returns.

Is the herx affecting frontal lobes of my brain which might trigger religeous manifestations or mania...perhaps...

I am aware of that phenomenon....I am also holding fast to my belief that if I do not praise Him...publicly.

I would be very very wrong through all my struggles with this disease.

God has been with me and led me to my asking for a western blot test in 97. Apparently at the correct time durring the month. After praying for an answer two days previous to catching POLLY from LYME CONNECTICUTT on the DISCOVERY CHANNEL.

My duck at the time said...."you don't have that"....If you did you would have much many more symptoms....

Where upon I asked him to please read where I had been to the Cleve Clinic, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Metro General Hospital systems not to mention the Cleve Va and the Brecksville branch of same....with no correct diagnosis. Only confirming that I did NOT have what this duck diagnosed me with.....Ankylosing Spondilitis, Post Polio Syndrome and of course PTSD!

The only one that I believe is correct is the PTSD.
HLA-B-26 or 27(don't remember)test for Rheumatoid arthritis both my mom and I were negative for.

I went to the doctor precisely durring my monthly Flareup cycle.

Getting the results back from Igenix, on the 13th of March 1997. (prior unrealized or even recognized by me or anyone else)!

I worked for Labcorp at the time and then that lab would send the western blot to IGENIX. Now they use a recent acquisition "Viro" lab after having unsuccessfully utilizing their own methodology a few years.

I was IGg CDC regulated positive and only one band at the time in the IGm. I think though very specific for Bb.

Were these and other happenings simply coincidental....and even now....???

I truly don't believe they were.

You can be the judge. It's your health you want back!

That's all I can do for now. I pray the Holy Spirit will help me with these herxes! They are a little tough...

I have utilized some Green Tea, real lemon lemon juice and splenda and even some dark 85% chocolate. Creatine monohydrate, glutamine powder and protein whey shakes...very tasty...

I am diabetic2, so I think the Glyberide one half 5mg tab twice along with 1000mgs metformin before morning meal and evening meal have aided absorption of medicine into my cells.

I'll return later as I usually have a comeback later in the evening hours. Something I never had as well previously with anything else.

later
zman
ps
I'll try and answer all questions when I am in the feeling great hours....
please be patient with me...

and pray specifically ...Im not telling you this on my own....

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOOD NEWS TONY! i'll have to reread this late tonight, can't keep my eyes open; nap time! [sleepy]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray in Jesus name through the Holy Spirit that He will answer your prayer, as well as healing in His timing for all of us.

And ditch the splenda and get yourself some stevia or xylitol. Splenda is a neurotoxin.

Healing prayers for you

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try some cholestyramine for help with the herxing. Be sure not to take your meds/supplememts 1 hour before or 4 hours after or they'll get caught up in it.

Drink plenty of water to flush toxins. Epsom salts baths help too.

[group hug]

I'm so glad you've been feeling so good. I pray it keeps getting better for you. [Smile]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great about your new protocol, Tony!!!

And congratulations on finding a good men's prayer group! HE IS the light! [Smile]

Keep us posted on your progress!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Good morning

Not up to speed just yet but thanks for all the encouragement and prayers.

Not sure where I posted "nasty man" your refer to....?

However, I can surely confess to being a real "PAIN" sometimes....

I'm going to have to re-introduce myself someday....

No one has really known the me I can be and have not been due to this illness....and because I had been thinking too much... and listening too little, to where HE was directing me!

I'm learning....kindly forgive me as I you....

I'll be back later...

AMZ

--------------------

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so hapy for you after knowing what you have gone thru for so long.

i really hopw the protocol works-but when you leave in 84 days...check back with us and remind us how you got well!

i also hope others and their llmds try this protocol out and check back...the protocol makes a lot of sense and sounds reletiviely simple to follow...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

I am posting this morning to let you all know that asking me for the name of my llmd in training would do you NO GOOD.

I have in the past directed many to his door. He did'nt treat any of them.

I truly believe he has "been approached"!

PLUS,
The LORD GOD OF HOSTS directed me to him when Dr C and the PCP I had at the time fired me! Back in 03.

Besides, the Holy Spirit is directing things now. The personage/spirit in charge down here on earth.

Besides,the doctor is not important!

Examine yourselves. Ask the Holy Spirit for directions. Confirm those directions and let Him lead you.

The Lord wants the only praise for my regaining my health.

Do that.....He's even directing my fingers right now.

Get right with the Holy Triune. Listen and be Divinely directed.

I'm only begining to truly listen....so I'm a Christian in training!

Learning how to love Them as I did when I was a naive child....

you all must also!

I will however be posting a continued update...as directed...

Your friend in Christ
AMZ Senior

[ 06-03-2009, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: lymie tony z ]

--------------------

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Christian in training metoo
for quite awhile [Smile]
Happy for Tony

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting, and best wishes for your continued good and better health!

Good to hear from you Tony, and please keep us posted on your bicillin protocol. I found bicillin to be powerfully great medicine for lyme also.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Ton-Y, just happened to check in & was happy to hear you have felt better as you call & heard.
I do hope it is real not manic.
I have been more tests to get better since you asked if want to get better.
DUH, dumb question rather spend all this money whitewater, or horses etc. All things love tried so hard to do. Yep, became ill.

I am all for your health knowing what & seeing what you have been through. You say I interrupt, well I checked 1 hrs. of yelling. Know that you were ill did not say anything.

I would go to Ohio with you but for me Not doing too well at all/in CFIDS mode &MPS/&FM.

You know I care & worry about you taking such long trip alone???We never know if their is crash.
I do know You ups & downs & manic times(when I can`t say a word). I realize how ill you have been.

Keep in touch what you are going to do???
You need someone to go with you,I just am not there YET????

I know we are all diff. when I had acupuncture with inj,.lidocaine,PT,Rubs,new chiro treatment, Reiki,Yoga, up to 40 inj.++++\
Been Guinea pig to get better more than I count not to mention 15 yrs. working for next generation. Since doubt cure in my life time, I mean total cure.

You know LY/OPM
Hugggssss, to all in need
BTW/Keep up good work
Know you want to help...

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that "nasty man" reference was from one of your old posts -- not recent. Anyway it doesn't matter, I was just trying to be humorous cause you're posting so differently now -- but here it is if your curious:

--------------

Zman's Quote: I have lyme and I enjoy the sun...

The people who you refer to as having lyme and are intolerant of the sunshine....

Obviously have the VAMPIRE strain of BB....
Usually associated with infections from living in
Salem Mass or the european mutation picked up in Transylvania as opposed to pennsylvania....

So what we really need are microscopic wooden stakes...

Real tiny silver bullets...and wolfbane tied around our necks...

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE...I learned that HIGH PROTEIN diets and supps may cause Kidney Failure...
SOOO be careful......

Well.....you did ask for it!

Happy days...........I'm going fishing...

the ORIGINAL NASTY MAN...zman -- end quote.

--------------------

Wishing you great success with your treatment.

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats...hope you continue to improve every day!
Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! what a change in personality Tony. I am glad that your protocol is working and happy for your newly found faith and transformation.

Maybe the rifampin is helping too.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Z-Man-! So glad you're doing better and your faith is alive and well. Please keep posting, it's good to hear from you.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not surprised...and am very happy this looks to be working for you!

Where on earth did you find a doc willing to Rx that?

Now that you realize HE is on your side...

quite amazing, isn't it?!

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be right.
There definitely was not a lot of syphillis in Germany during WWII.It was very rare.

As far as I am informed it was not at all a disease the German girls had. But there were many ticks and people knew how dangerous they were.And the word bartonella was well known by soldiers who had to figt in Russia.
I also feel better on ampicillin.
But during WWII the doctor could not offer any other antibiotic than penicillin, it was the only choice.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MY3BOYS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MY3BOYS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad to hear someone with good outlook, and positive change for you..that is great!!

and, i think we are all "in training"....never fully understand and learn as we truck along in this lifetime. Faith is a GREAT thing, i would never be able to get through my days without it; even pre-lyme !!

--------------------
i am not a Dr. any info is only for education, suggestion or to think/research. please do not mis-intuprest as diagnostic or prescriptive, only trying to help. **

dx in 08:lyme, rmsf, bart, babs, and m.pneumonia.

Posts: 422 | From TX | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Good Morning Friends,

I hope you brought a lunch for this latest post!

I'll try and refer to a couple things above first.

I herxed almost all day yesterday, only recovering,

a couple house to get out and get some food at a wings place.

Chicken for protein(as I had a porterhouse only half the night before, specifically telling my

waitress to instruct the chef that I required only either fresh garlic and onions and

mushrooms to season the medium well done PORTERHOUSE,

some cooked slightly multi veggies....oriental type peas, carrots,broccoli,coliflower,

garlic mashed potatos,a fresh salad a couple slices of dark whole wheat bread, unsweetened tea.

I used splenda{recommended by my diabetes2, orientation a couple years ago{I will refer to

this again below some other place durring all of these running posts.

Diabetes2, and then shots, due to "MANOPAUSE"!
Because these bugs get into everything. Making organs and systemsmalfuntion.

Even in the Endocrine family of organs, responsible for hormonal balances.

Attempting to raise the lowered levels of testosterone,discovered thru labtests/clinical presentations.

(creating that "really nastey Guy")...as some around me will attest)!

Complete emotional swing shifts, also including remorse and crying jags, etc...

The flagyl, tends to make me lethargic and depressed.

I am only pulseing it a couple days a week to open up the cystic form this these things morph into,
as a defense mechanism,
while I treat with the different and oft times combination medications.

The, Rifampin, after reading again the ILADS, Dr B guidelines.

A comprehensive infectious disease panel I acquired after returning to work at labcorp,

one of the perks of working for less money, free lab work! for free! When the results came

back from again a combination of labcorp's ability to do some of the testing(not all)was

again using IGENIX lab. Among and besides the comprehensive infectious disease panels, was

again a request from my "new" duck in westlake Ohio, or there abouts. Because, when the first

duck fired me. We both needed a new PCP(duck). I vividly remember telling him the encounter

with my previous duck-the "Divinely Inspired request for the Bb western blot, the letter from

an Idiot duck along with proclimations from previous, rheummy duck, Idiot duck,

regular duck, and other such (Foul or fowl)of the grossly mistaken groups

"alledgedly listed here-AMA, CDC, mostly IDSA and Big Pharma"

driven ducks and labs as well as insurance "HMO" I had at the time.

The all concurred that even though I complained of "BAD DAYS" every month around the 20th,

ever increasing in symptoms with major flares every six months. Mine come in December and

June. I usually hear from the shrink ducks that the depression I always felt of course was

the "behavioral standard diagnosis, referred to as the "Christmas or Holiday Blues Syndrome"!

Having of course, NOTHING to do with a disease that is NOT cyclical in nature.

Also one that ' most assuredly was killed and resolved adequately with the first prescription

of Doxi for two weeks and that what I was experiencing were meerely "residual symptomology

due to the previous infections, and the irrepairable dammage done by these, unknown variety of illnesses.

-and now a new entry into my records- a white obiousle OBESE, painseeking medication type,

argumentative and combative! Because he does'nt trust his doctors espcially because he thinks he

knows more about "lyme disease' then his physicians. He has actually had mailed to my

office, a manilla foler with suggestions of how to treat him, he says he had attained thru a

lyme disease support group in the area". Which he, my duck, alledgedly never read by the way!

Nor did any of the ducks in a long line of succession I was subjected to, since the

possitive western blot and subsequent, "Divinely Inspired" as the patient

remarked, story of how he arrived at "his own diagnosis"! A gentleman, who is a multi-substance abuser

and Malingerer x 5. "Trying to get me or my staff in trouble asking for favors to achieve his ultimate goal".

"To be put on disability and trying to convince the duck that fired me to aide in this endeavor"!

After I asked one of the new hired girls in his office to give me a copy of my total records so

that I could give them to my new doctor! Upon my reading of my own records this doctor

compiled. I noticed all this "STUFF" in my file and a whole lot of FAX-Machine delivery times to

all the ducks in this particular group of ducks. Like a whirlwind of shared, alledgedly,

modified medical records intended to I could only immagine as a warning, for the many ducks I

had been subjected to in my search for what was, something was telling me was killing me.

Plus, everything they were prescibing me(anti-inflation-cox2 inhibitors,

of the steroidal and non-steroidal, what they referred to as "Pain management" prescriptions.

I digress to last night for a minute to catch my collective wits about me.

And pray for all these ducks who injured me and who I've been carrying around the burden of

hate, distrust of everyone and everything I felt they(the whole group of this medical group)

were conspiring to discredit, slander and libale me. And my wife. To destroy any credability I

had as an advocate for my own health! I was then unaware of the IDSA "grossly flawed,

arrogant and medically/scientifically negligent guidelines". Nor their collective reasoning?

At that time I did believe in doctors as well as spurred on to listen to their, "almost every word".

Why? Well, I married in 95. My sweetie, a wonderfully, beautiful, christian woman.

If you'll all permit me! Because I had been through two previously unsuccessful marriges.

I prayed above, one somewhat, "liquid amber induced emotional night".

Feeling it impossible for me to do alone, and very lonely".

As I gazed into the heavens, I pointedly remarked to God!

Obiously I CAN'T PICK EM! So, if you want me to be married again.

Please pick her for me and send her my way! My introduction to my present sweetie, SOON FOLLOWED!

This was back in the early 90's. I was estranged from wifey number two.

A true multi-substance abuser. I think I married to try and "FIX", albeit unsuccessfully.

Who, I might add, after spending a few years with her. I strongly suspect suffered from many

TBD's as well as the guilt of the missconception that God would never forgive her

her one sin in particular. Therefore, passively suicidal, because she could never forgive

herself. So, being the "FIXER" I have been all my life.

After several attempts at re-habilitation.

Ultinmately only bringing to my door. "Birds of a feather" she befriended in rehab.

Perched on my front steps, offering to sell me his ring!

I don't think I have to tell you my reaction.

I left AlANON, because I was no longer willing to stay in a continuously,

downspiralling and at times when awakened from a sleep by threats of bodily injury,

fearful for my own safety. The cops, when called, just laughed after I told them.

I had been the one to call for assistance.

I don't know how I displaced the below on this post about my meal last night. However!

The wings were boneless white meat. Unfortunately deep fried and breaded. The ribs were western variety with a rub.

Some of those spices I believe can help. Like the peppers inclusive whenever I cook.

At times using,"Emeril"s Essances" and BAM!,BAM! BAM!, whenever I cook for myself.

By the end of the meal I had my recovery going.
I headed for Walley Mart to pick up some supplements.

One warning thru this. I have a tendancy, while ill or recovering or due to some unknown side

effect of one or more of the meds my llmd trys to cover my symptoms, in between good anti-biotic regimens.

I think turning me into a decided, almost cumpulsive shopper! It's not that I don't need

any of the things I buy but I find myself at times, with the phenom of "shopping hungry".

A comedic relief inserted here:

While at target getting my latest arsenal of meds. A lady was "shopping",

as I watched her husband follow almost two isles behind her, with that husband quizzicle

look on his face. Stratching his head and just "following in a daze".

I had to laugh out loud because, it is a classic "cliche'! right in front of me,

remembering how my wife likes to "SHOP"! Nothing like we men. Knowing what we want,

deciding on the correct store and exactly where we may get it, in the store. Get it and we're

out the door...no "shopping" for us!

The wife of this man, of course heard my remark, E'n Passant'.

"Don't ya just love it"? While spontaneous laughter errupted from me,(something I've been experiencing for the first time in a loooooong time.

As well as, herx and recovery symptoms receeding in a seemingly, reverse chronilogical

order, I initially presented. I have always experienced this phenom, whenever I have been

afforded the opportunity of getting a good IV or IM or even the initial(back in 97)combination

of doxy and ampicillin I managed(after my duck fired me)even though I joked about "I won't

charge you for the diagnosis as it was sent to me through "DIVINE INTERVENTION"!

He fired my wife as well. I did manage to ganangle four extended months of the two

previously mentioned oral antibiotics....But I digress....

So, as to how I feel today!
Great....which will probably sometime today,

revert to an expected herx. These have been increasingly less

and for shorter periods of time before recovery.

I added a mistakenly asked for and prescribed ABX called Clindamycin 300 Mgs four times a day.

These have a tendancy to bring out some rather pointed manic behavior. So, while I'm pulseing

metronidazole a couple times a week to kill, irradicate or at least invade and bring forth

the spirochetes hiding within! So I might kill them with my daily IM injections of pennicilin G.

The one I should have requested and now have as a useful tool in my arsenal is of course

Clarythromycin500 mgs twice daily. So to keep mr spirochete and company confused.

I'm getting tired and have some things to do in preparation for my journey north.

So I'll say Ta Ta, for now folks.
I will inquire as to the availability

of a dear friend who has been with me thru-out my life with these diseases.

If she is not ill herself and willing to do what she always does for me.

Without who, had she not been there, I would not be here.

Perhaps, another, Divine Intervention?

To come over here and edit for me. I don't want to slander anyone or be too verbose(gee do ya think)

in my zealous and compassionate depiction of a story some of you have requested in the past.

See, be careful what you wish for, ya may get it!

Better to pray for guidance as to which way you may better serve the Lord.

He then, will send you any and all of your needs. With which, to aid in His plans for you.

CUL,
Your friend in Christ
AMZ SR

P.S.
I hope I can manage a small bucket of balls as I am supposed to be in a charity foursome this Sunday!
I have'nt touched a club, since last August!

--------------------

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony...just one suggestion:

Keep pumping in PROBIOTICS too.

Lots, varieties.

It is soooooo important we don't shoot our "own soldiers"!

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I don't know where we would be with all this if it weren't for the Lord. He has guided our family through it all, and gives 'the peace that passes all understanding' when it gets too tough.

Somehow, we know it's going to be alright no matter what happens. I consider this message board a gift from Him, such generous people willing to help others in spite of being sick themselves... an encouragement to us all.

I do know of those who have been miraculously healed, it really does happen.

I know that my prayer life and faith have grown stronger as a result of all this. thanks Tony!

'Come to me all you who are weary and burdoned and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Linky

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

hi tony,

are you heading to ohio? i got bits/pieces of several different conversatons.

have you talked to doc dave lately? he told me he had room for you to stay overnight on your roundtrip up his way. so if you haven't, email or CALL HIM.

i have his email; NO phone no.!

have a safe trip tony [Smile] hugs

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tony,

May the improvements in your physical health and spiritual health continue.

I remember you sending me a couple of emails back in 2007 when hubby was going through a really rough patch.

I think you are on the right track trying to treat Lyme and babesia and bartonella all at the same time. Hubby has done much better with that approach than treating one thing at a time. Not sure if the 86 days is the magic number though.

Reading your posts it seems like the rifampin is waking up your brain kind of like the first time hubby tried that med.

I am going to copy something here from an article I read about the singer Carrie Underwood in the 6/22/09 First for Women magazine. I think you can relate to this info.

Quote -- Indeed, having faith -- the ability to consciously and repetitively hold an optimistic vision of a positive future through meditation, prayer or intense focus on a goal -- determines success, asserts neuroscientist Andrew Newberg, M.D., coauthor of How God Changes Your Brain (Ballantine, 2009).

Part of the reason is biochemical: "Intensely and consistently concentrating on goals or spiritual values increases blood flow to the frontal lobes and the anterior cingulate, areas of the brain that govern emotional control, ease anxiety, boost memory and embrace social awareness.

This reduces activity in the emotional centers of the brain, increases the ability to focus attention and promotes greater self-awarenesss that enables a person to more easily accomplish her goals."

Just 10 minutes of prayer or meditation a day results in these benefits. -- End quote

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hi I'm back and have survived....so far!...LOL!

I thought I had experienced my J-Herx prior to yesterday, Tuesday the 9th of June. I guess not!

All the literature I ever read would always place a major J-Herx at the begining of

treatments(say four days into regimen) or four weeks after starting any regimen of treatment

that included the killing of spirochetes.

I expected a j-herx about four days after I began my regimen. Because I started out with

metronidazole/rifampin, two days prior to my "normal" monthly cycle,

of heightened symptoms ie...a flareup!

While I did experience a somewhat worse flareup of my cyclical symptoms. This milder type of

slight exacerbation was very much the same as the reaction I experienced with Ketek!

A seemingly constant debilitating affect both physically and mentally.

Saturday the 6th of June I had a VA appointment in the audiology department.

I had been to Bay Pines Veterans Administration Hospital, several times.

However on this morning I had a "relapse" I had'nt experienced for quite some time while driving.

I became disoriented and "lost". Geographically speaking. I did'nt seem to know where I was

going or where I had been...nor did anything on the road look familiar. Then I sneezed and

coughed at the same time and the whole right half of my body seemed to black out or go limp,

paralized. This only lasted about 20 seconds. However I had to pull off the road because I

felt an anxiety attack(panic attack)begining with hyperventilation. Ever since my first and

only true panic attack in 1997. I got in the habit of carrying a small paper bag in my glove

box. If I would ever fear I was begining another panic attack, I would be ready.

I did'nt really need the bag and began to control my breathing pattern and soon calmed

down enough to proceed to the VA. Now everything looked familiar again. This is one crazy disease we all have!

When I got to Bay Pines and related my experience with the receptionist as an excuse

for being late. I was told that my appointment was for 2:30PM not 7:30 AM! I could not believe

I could have read the notice of my appointment that poorly! Noting on my calendar,

the date, time and place for this audio exam. However, I guessed I had, an sat down.

While sitting waiting for them to slide me in a time slot mch earlier then the scheduled time.

I tried to recall the last week. There were a few times I had read and transcribed errant numbers.

I seemed to be having difficulty speaking as well.

Using the wrong words for descriptive purposes and repeating myself.

I just chalked it up to the "normal" behavior/thinking or word processing patterns,

of a chronically ill lyme diseased person, and moved onward.

The ER folks got wind of my explanation for being late to an appointment seven hours later in the day.

Their receptionist walked me over to ER. I thought...OH oh!

See, I had recently been scheduled for an "evaluation" scheduled by my

phsycologist/analyst which was cancelled by the doctor in the domicary ward of Bay Pines.

I was'nt planning on going to that meeting anyway. It had the erie feeling of a previous

encounter with a mainstream "duck" family practitioner back in 1997. When I experienced my

very first panic attack. This family practitioner told me nothing was found on a cat

scan and he was sending me to Lutheran Hospital for "further evaluation"! HA! He sent me to

the looney bin, lockdown ward! But that's another(lymie), incredible encounter!

I've only experienced what happened to me Tuesday one other time.

After I had gotten my room post right knee replacement surgery.

This event occurred, when a physicians assistant, gave me two or three days of vancomycin IV.

Instead of the standard antibiotic IV for knee replacements. The Orthopaedic surgeon was not

pleased and pulled the vanco immediately, when two or three days post surgery he visited his

patients. About fifty had knee or hip surgery, the same day as I!

upon his visit! I suspect he thought I might have had something to do with the mishap as he stated,

"What are you trying to do"?

"Create an immune(to the standard IV antibiotics post surgery,

for a total knee replacement)strain of knee infection"?

Now, why would he have thought that of me? Hmmmm.

That particular mishap produced a very strange affect on me

After just the second day of a running IV of Vancomycin.

I began to have visual impairment. I described it as seeing things stretched into a romboid(or parallelogram)perspective.

I also began to have a revisited "Bell's Palsey".

I also began to have Parkinson like tremors of my right hand and arm,

to the point that it was rendered useless. I could'nt get it to do what my mind was telling it to do.

Add this to the fact that because of the Bells palsey on the right side of my face.

My speach was greatly impaired. No one could understand me. The night of the second day of

infusion. I began to get so paranoid and afraid that I hopped over to a wheelchair and began

wheeling myself all around the ward, like a half crazed psychopath!

Verbally hurling obscenities at any and all persons I wheeled past. Up and down the floor

with a decided list(nautical term to describe a ship's position usually in a storm at sea)to the

port side of my body. Almost leaning(listing) to the extent of upsetting the balance of my wheelchair!

Tuesdays experience was much the same only more psychological then physical. I had the same

imbalances. I looked these experiences up in the only copy of TABER'S I have. Page 161-under

Psychoneurosis...
of course, this is just a "behavioralists explanation."

However sypmtomatically it describes me to great detail....

I won't transcribe what Taber wrote. I will tell you that I began talking to persons who

were not there and answering their questions. I have been sleep deprived to a greater extent in

recent weeks. Often times "sleep eating and walking into walls etc.,

so this was somewhat "normal". However, I began seeing shadowy figures out of the corners of my

eyes. Never really seeing anything because when I turned my attention toward these shadows.

They seemed to vanish. I became greatly paranoid and suspicious of practically

everything. I even suspected someone had broken into my home and somehow, slipped me some kind

of "mickey finn"!
I would actually alternate between awake(conscious) and sleeping(unconscious)states of

awareness. Fortunately though, whenever I became "awake" I would realize I was talking to

no one! Because no one was actually there! This happened almost all day long. I made sure the

door was locked and I somehow managed to keep from getting in my car...thank God!

I was aggoraphobic so I did'nt feel the need to venture outside of my abode.

I thought I had actually, finally, lost my marbles.

I was glad I was alone.

I don't know what would have happened to anyone around me in that state.

Just after I decided to post here I grabbed my old copy of tabers in an attempt

to find a description of what I had experienced.

Upon reading taber. I noticed that dthe psychyoneurosis dissociated reaction best described what I was experiencing.

Because, after awhile I would recognize that no one was in the room with me and I was indeed

conversing with myself. In a dreamlike state, sometimes standing, someone(probably myself)

would pose a question to me and I would begin to answer, becomming awake during

the answer and the realization that I was, after all, alone!

Pretty spooky stuff!...I wish I would have had a tape recorder or cam camera or something

trained on me at the time....it would have made for some kind of good study to someone

somewhere...like maybe...Fallon in Columbia University.

A long story short....I fell asleep finally...about 10PM and again at approximately

2AM I remember calling my wife to let her know that I thought the worst had passed.

That I had reached some kind of "PEAK" J-Herx and I was once again calm.

I was somewhat leerey in deciding to inject anymore penicillin into my butt!

Or even taking orals for that matter. But, the literature of this regimen states that....

we must go thru all this, to get over it!...or something like that!

I'm glad that I had made resolve with my Savior prior to this encounter. I felt secure in the

fact that the "other guy" down here was a defeated foe and I had nothing to worry about

from him. I felt somehow protected through all of the above experiences and gratefull these

things had'nt begun occrring until I was at home alone. Away from socalled doctors of one

kind or another!

So. One word of caution. This herx I did'nt exect was MUCH STRONGER AND BEWILDERING then any

I had previously encountered with ANY regimen of treatments. I di'nt mention it...but

the pains I had were located(seemingly) in every joint or connective tissue I have.

Carpel tunnel like you would'nt believe. My hammstrings and whatever other ligaments or

tendons felt on the verge of snapping at any given moment.

The mental confusion and ensueing "RAGE" at whatever or whoever! But,ultimately really

nothing. A battle, in my own mind! I was'nt always sure I would recover from in that I was

never sure which part of me was winning or loseing or if it even mattered!

If anyone out there is contemplating what I have decided to try. Please don't.

Please, have someone around, who loves you very much and will "RIDE IT OUT" with you and not

call the "Happy FARM" guys in the "white coats" and take you away. Honestly....

I feel much much better this morning then I have for quite some time.

I just hope and pray I've "PEAKED" and I just have to ride out the downhill coast.

I will let you all know...as I did again continue the IM injections.

Leaving out the oral Clindamycin and Flagyl(metronidazol), for a few days.

Trying to find enough de-toxing agents at a local vitamin shop.

Sorry this is so long....but...it could have been longer.
I just wanted to let anyone know what they may encounter, should they pick this road.

like I said...it's not, for everyone...I guess I'm doing this to let you all know that there IS light at the end of the tunnel...

course...IF I spazz out...the IDSA will win!...but God!
for some reason... we're confident!

Your Friend in Christ,
AMZ SR

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

tony, wow, what a story and trip for you! glad you got home ok.

i saw a lot of your paranoia in the PMs you wrote me; i'd mention it to you too so you were aware of it.

best wishes tony; time for me to go to bed.... [sleepy]

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hi everyone reading this thread,

After having a relatively pain free day with a clear mind and begining to make plans for trip to Ohio. I did'nt feel the need to popst earlier because it was such an uneventful day.

I put on my sneakers and I was going to go out and do some shopping around for this and that in preparation for my little trek up north.

I remembered talking with someone on the phone the other day and he mentioned the regimen of the German doctor I am trying to follow with this latest round of abx's and diflucan. He remarked that I was supposed to take the diflucfan along with the abx's. I thought it was supposed to be four months of penicillin and then a few months of diflucan alone.

I should have looked up this doctors gegimen but have'nt checked it against what I'm doing lately due to trying to get my things together for the trip north and herxing etc. Funny, does'nt seem to be enough time in the day as the hours, when feeling very well, seem to rush by but then slow down ever so much differently whenever I am experiencing a J-herx.

I won't stay here long tonight due to pain again.

I did do one diflucan earlier today, around 10AmMor so with late breakfast/brunch. I took a clarithromycin 500mgs around 5AM.

Like I said I put on my new sneakers and was intending to head out and get "busy". However, my feet began to burn and hurt so much I had to replace the sneakers with my sanddles for relief.

Although the sanddles helped I feared another herx comming on so I stayed around the house and did much needed laundry. I accumulated a huge pile somehow in the last week or so that I guess I just could'nt bring myself to chip away at as I usually don't wait so long in between laundry days.

I also had to look around and locate some of the papers I had been accumulating and a whole lot of the doctors cards as well as even my bank cards and ID's I must have strewn from the neat little stacks I had made of them so I could copy and give a copy to my llmd in training and an llmd up north relating my latest endeavor. I deduced I must have been really paranoid or something the other day to have taken stuff out of my wallet as well and I had a hard time locating and returning things I need to my wallet. I can't imagine now, what I must have been thinking at the time I threw all this stuff about my living room and kitchen.

Anyway, today's report.

LIke I said I had a relatively uneventful day and early evening. With the exception of the sneakers becoming painfully too tight and hot, I had very little pain. Even when I woke up...which is a definite change. Usually I lay on my couch delaing the ineveitable painful rise and walk to the pottey for a urine deposit. Usually a couple to a few durring the night as well all with much reluctance due to the pains I usually encounter upon rising. I've described many times here and elswhere the feelings of having to breakthrough an imaginery "cocoon of pain and stiffness" which seems to surround me at night/day whenever I have been fortunate enough to have gotten at least two hours of uninterrupted sleep.This morning I was almost ecstatic because this phenom did'nt greet me upon rising. Unbelieveable! Great! etc.,!

Somewhere around a lateish dinnertime for me...because I was preoccupied with the laundry and filling out forms I will need filled out prior to my "vacation". I remembered I had to go to my new bank and switch funds from one account to another to avoid over drapht. I swung by taco bell and picked up a steak burrito supreme and a couple of soft taco. I parked under my carport and in the house began my "late" supper. I took my usual diabetes medications and only a couple of omega three fatty oils (fegatable fatty acids(I think they are anyway)because I had run out of or misplaced my garlic capsules and other supplements I usually take with morning and or evening meals. I'm not sure it mattered, because I did'nt feel like my mouth was overly coated with that yeasty fuzzy feeling. I neglected the usual toothbrushing and mouthwash followed by chewing a couple of acidopholos capsules. This ritual I do so I won't keep swallowing opportunistic yeasty boogers along with my food.

I did however take that D-Flame(COX-2 and 5-LOX Enzyme Inhibitor supplement.

WOW!....approximately one hour after eating I began to get pains of the J-herx variety all over my body and burnning painful feet(soles and heals).

I thought it would go away after a brief nap or two...one or so hours each of two naps. Each nap I was awakened by the pains.

I thought this significant to report here as I had previously thought I had "Peaked" J-herx wise the other day with all the cognitive/personality swinging almost schizoid type behavior.

Oops....I did'nt count on what happened the other day and I sure as heck did'nt see this pain comming either. Perhaps it was brought on by the addition of one diflucan tablet. I think more likely it was brought on with the addition of the cox-2 and 5-LOX enzyme inhibitor supplements I took. Mainly because I took the diflucan earlier in the day and experienced no noticeable side affect. However the D-Flame seemed to trigger yet again another nasty very painful to the point of muscle failure in my legs and hands. This is taking me forever to type and I will not check it for errors or spacing.

I hope Betty will be able to break it up for herself as well as for others.

Catch ya on the flip-side...

YFIChrist
AMZ Sr

--------------------

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hi again all readersl,

I don't know if you all had trouble with the internet recently or just my puter and such. After I ran some scans and rebooted a couple of times I finally got back here.

A couple things, as I was again headed out the door....

I forgot to mention above that I had started to juice my favorite combination of veggies whenever I felt bronchial distress lurking behind any antibiotic usage... I ran accross this recipe while looking in the book..."Juicing for Life" or something like that. Unfortunately I don't remember the author. I found the book at the library, so it should'nt be too difficult to find.

I juice,Kale,Parsley,Tomato's,carrots,broccoli,spinach,and to sweeten it up a little a beet or two, you can even use the stems if you like. If you're dareing as I am....not really dareing...just make sure ya put all this into a glass bottle so you can refrigerate....and because it would stain and smell up a plastic container....

The dareing part would come with the addition of everyday or elephant garlic....You would'nt want to try to talk to someone----even from accross the room if you add this ingredient....

I try and have a couple mouthfulls with every meal.
At the least the morning meal....

Getting back to what might have happened up on the post above...
I took a diflucan yesterday without a whole lot of any other meds...and boy...they are'nt kidding when they put down....do not drive or try to handle anything remotely more complicated then picking your nose after taking one of those little babies....

I guess I might have taken one of those the other day and added to a couple other things I take....which I've been able to handle just fine!

The addition of diflucan made everything somewhat magnified...
I had similar, very close to the same feelings of sleepwalk and talking as well as those "shadowy figures(hallucinations)out of the corners of my eye...

I could'nt get on the puter or this net for the past couple days....or I would have warned you all sooner...

Well....I'm off to get some more medications and a hearty meal at one of the steakhouses in town....

One thing about where I live....I think because of an over abundance of seniors....there are a whole lot of restaurants to choose from!

Yak at ya later....

YFIChrist
AMZ Sr

--------------------

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony, I was able to read some of the above..I am very happy for you in that you are so much better and your anger is gone. Think we had a spell in the past.

I have said for a long time that one of the reasons the diseases were not as prevalent years ago is that when you went to see the Dr, he tended to always give you a penacillin shot. I hated going, as a kid, but looking back, it was a good thing.

A year ago we lost a dear friend that was in her 90's. Once when we interviewed her about her days in DC, she told a story about penacillin being fairly new and orders for it crossed her desk and needed her signature..So in a small way, she helped get the medicine to the guys in need.

Such an interesting life, she had. She was also a stenographer on the Manhattan Project and knew all of the key players. She took almost all of it to her grave.

But now looking back, I think she would be proud to know she may have helped with this horrible disease we are now fighting. lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

breaking this all up for me/tony/others to be able to read... betty

quote:
Originally posted by lymie tony z:

Hi everyone reading this thread,

After having a relatively pain free day with a clear mind and begining to make plans for trip to Ohio. I did'nt feel the need to popst earlier because it was such an uneventful day.

I put on my sneakers and I was going to go out and do some shopping around for this and that in preparation for my little trek up north.

I remembered talking with someone on the phone the other day and he mentioned the regimen of the German doctor I am trying to follow with this latest round of abx's and diflucan.

He remarked that I was supposed to take the diflucfan along with the abx's. I thought it was supposed to be four months of penicillin and then a few months of diflucan alone.

I should have looked up this doctors gegimen but have'nt checked it against what I'm doing lately due to trying to get my things together for the trip north and herxing etc.

Funny, does'nt seem to be enough time in the day as the hours, when feeling very well, seem to rush by but then slow down ever so much differently whenever I am experiencing a J-herx.
I won't stay here long tonight due to pain again.

I did do one diflucan earlier today, around 10AmMor so with late breakfast/brunch. I took a clarithromycin 500mgs around 5AM.

Like I said I put on my new sneakers and was intending to head out and get "busy". However, my feet began to burn and hurt so much I had to replace the sneakers with my sanddles for relief.

Although the sanddles helped I feared another herx comming on so I stayed around the house and did much needed laundry.

I accumulated a huge pile somehow in the last week or so that I guess I just could'nt bring myself to chip away at as I usually don't wait so long in between laundry days.

I also had to look around and locate some of the papers I had been accumulating and a whole lot of the doctors cards as well as even my bank cards and ID's I must have strewn from the neat little stacks I had made of them so I could copy and give a copy to my llmd in training and an llmd up north relating my latest endeavor.

I deduced I must have been really paranoid or something the other day to have taken stuff out of my wallet as well and I had a hard time locating and returning things I need to my wallet.

I can't imagine now, what I must have been thinking at the time I threw all this stuff about my living room and kitchen.

Anyway, today's report. LIke I said I had a relatively uneventful day and early evening. With the exception of the sneakers becoming painfully too tight and hot, I had very little pain.

Even when I woke up...which is a definite change. Usually I lay on my couch delaing the ineveitable painful rise and walk to the pottey for a urine deposit. Usually a couple to a few durring the night as well all with much reluctance due to the pains I usually encounter upon rising.

I've described many times here and elswhere the feelings of having to breakthrough an imaginery "cocoon of pain and stiffness" which seems to surround me at night/day whenever I have been fortunate enough to have gotten at least two hours of uninterrupted sleep.

This morning I was almost ecstatic because this phenom did'nt greet me upon rising. Unbelieveable! Great! etc.,!

Somewhere around a lateish dinnertime for me...because I was preoccupied with the laundry and filling out forms I will need filled out prior to my "vacation".

I remembered I had to go to my new bank and switch funds from one account to another to avoid over drapht.

I swung by taco bell and picked up a steak burrito supreme and a couple of soft taco. I parked under my carport and in the house began my "late" supper.

I took my usual diabetes medications and only a couple of omega three fatty oils (fegatable fatty acids(I think they are anyway)because I had run out of or misplaced my garlic capsules and other supplements I usually take with morning and or evening meals.

I'm not sure it mattered, because I did'nt feel like my mouth was overly coated with that yeasty fuzzy feeling. I neglected the usual toothbrushing and mouthwash followed by chewing a couple of acidopholos capsules. This ritual I do so I won't keep swallowing opportunistic yeasty boogers along with my food.

I did however take that D-Flame(COX-2 and 5-LOX Enzyme Inhibitor supplement.

WOW!....approximately one hour after eating I began to get pains of the J-herx variety all over my body and burnning painful feet(soles and heals).

I thought it would go away after a brief nap or two...one or so hours each of two naps. Each nap I was awakened by the pains.

I thought this significant to report here as I had previously thought I had "Peaked" J-herx wise the other day with all the cognitive/personality swinging almost schizoid type behavior.

Oops....I did'nt count on what happened the other day and I sure as heck did'nt see this pain comming either.

Perhaps it was brought on by the addition of one diflucan tablet. I think more likely it was brought on with the addition of the cox-2 and 5-LOX enzyme inhibitor supplements I took.

Mainly because I took the diflucan earlier in the day and experienced no noticeable side affect. However the D-Flame seemed to trigger yet again another nasty very painful to the point of muscle failure in my legs and hands. This is taking me forever to type and I will not check it for errors or spacing.

I hope Betty will be able to break it up for herself as well as for others.

Catch ya on the flip-side...

YFIChrist
AMZ Sr

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Thanks Betty,

I did'nt feel well enough the other day to break up my own post.

I am this morning.

I will have to retract the statement I made about the diflucan.

It seems it was something else in my arsenal.

I did not take the diflucan yesterday until later in the day and I had similar cognitive problems anyway.

I also ran out of penicillin so no injection on Sunday. I purchased a new batch on Monday.

I forgot to let the pharmacy know when to order some more for me to use in time.

That is why the delay ocurred. I won't make that mistake again.

Even though I thought I had beaten down the spirochetes enough to feel much better for longer periods of time.

The one day that I had to skip my injection made me know the count must still be high.

This may have been a good thing however.

Perhaps the one day delay in the level of this ABX will keep me from having a plateau affect.

This happens to a lot of us whenever we don't have sufficient

differences in antibiotic weapons against these very smart pathogens.

I managed to pick up some detoxifying supplements at the store yesterday as well.

The addition of those supplements, could have been the reason I felt so poorly as well.

Inclusive of the skipped day of penicillin injection.

I digressed from getting the clubs in the car to hit a bucket of balls,

to a sleeping beauty after a good showing at church yesterday.

It's alright. I know I have a long way to go yet.

The periods in between the bad feelings and dibilitating affects of these diseases,

has been an inspiration to follow this line of attack on these pathogens.

This month, is June. Significant for me as it constitutes my noticeable six month cycle of flareups.

This six month cycle seems to be when I get an over abundence of symptoms.

Most times brand new symptoms. Most times what happens is that these pathogens,

seemingly call up long dormant virus's or other maladies I've suffered from in my past medical history.

I'm sure glad I have some ammunition to shoot down,

whatever is comming my way this six month cyclical period.

I can usually exepect this exacerbation of my monthly flareups to begin,

after about, two full days of feeling "great". Then a decided plunge downward in condition...

I suspect this month's J-Herx will be a most significant, very very difficult J-herx to contend with.

Hopefully I shall, come out the other side,

having dealt a significant blow to the six month boogers that reside in my cells.

I am looking forward to hooking up with a doctor who has Hyperbaric Oxygen modules.

If I can, I will try and give these little beasties all they can handle.

All, that is at my disposal, for their disposal!...LOL!

Gotta go for now. Slept most of Sunday and today but still feel crummy!

I am also going to switch or add to the mix the Rifampin I ran out of last month.

I am a little lethargic again today due to the metronidazole pulseing of 500mgs twice a day for the past three days.

Attempting to break open any cysts these little guys may be hiding in, to escape the penicilllin and clarithromycin.

I still seem to have some cognitive problems with seeing and reading,

what I see or try to remember things, and having them come out in a somewhat,

similar fashion, a dislexic might present.

Yak at ya on the flip flop!

Your Friend In Christ
AMZ Sr(former grump)!!....LOL!

--------------------

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hi Folks,

I see that I have'nt been here for a couple of days. My last entry was the 16th.

As is usually the case with my monthly flareups,

a day or two before a flare I have extremely good days.

Then, wham....a downward plunge for the next week to ten days.

Yesterday, Saturday the 20th(I had to check my calendar to make sure)

I seemed to have had my usual monthly flare. However, it was much much worse then the usual.

I made it to prayer with the Saturday morning prayer guys and afterward a men's breakfast.

I did get to wallmart to do some needed shopping to stock up on stuff I might need if I got a bad flare.

My usual two days prior to my monthly flare was with me in order to get these things accomplished.

Indeed this was necessary because I had a night last night that I was sure the Lord was going to take me!

I notified my llmd in training the Thurs or Friday I was feeling well enough,

that the bronchial/pneumonia like symptoms I had,

had on previous IV medications was rearing it's ugly head again.

I expressed a possible need for levaquin or something anti viral.

As I mentioned earlier, whenever these symptoms occured durring IV abx the doctors seem to be

dumbfounded as to exactly what to diagnos them as, severe Bronchitis or pneumonia. Not knowing

what they were thinking and having educated myself in these diseases. I suspect that even

though the symptoms might have prompted a viral infection, there must be something else causeing

these lung issues. Something that confuses the heck out of any regular MD and I suspect even

some of our better LLMD's.

In the past, when these symptoms arose I would halt any

IV therapy which seemed to resolve the lung issues as well.

I have also thought that the penicillin in the present case scenario might be causeing this

reaction, and I should halt the injections temporarily. Funny thing is...

as bad as I felt last night, all night/I feel the need to press on,

with the present regimen of penicillin.

Of course if I experience a night like last night,

having gone ahead with the injection of penicillin,

I might consider a possible reaction caused by the penicillin.

My real thought behind this unusually intense (six month ) flare up and consequently,

because I am treating durring the flare up. That this is not only an extremely intense

fflareup of symptoms but an intense J-Herxeimer affect.

Unfortunately last night I did'nt even have the strenght to take and record my temperatures

whenever I managed to get up and urinate. However I cannot doubt that I had a fever.

The last tmperature I did manage to take was actually 96.7. Which I found funny because,

since the diagnosis of lyme in 97 my temperature has always remained around 97.6,

even though I would fluctuate from hot flashes to cold sweats. Go figure!?

Anyway....

I made it through the night. i did'nt make it to church this morning but,

I think God will excuse me this time.

Quite frankly, if it were'nt for HIS watching over me all night.

I don't know how I made it through the night If he had'nt heard me pray "help me oh lord"!.

My sinus were leaking all over the place and I had to blow my nose several times

durring the night, in order to breath through my nose.

I mostly breathed thru my mouth.

It seemed odd to me that whenever I lay on my left side I had an extremely difficult time

clearing my lungs of the flem in order to quit wheezing.

Whenever I moved(which was a constant thing all night)to my right side,

I had an easier time of clearing my lungs and my sinus.

Falling back to sleep till the next time I would have to void.

I do remember being constipated the three or so days prior to this morning.

I don't know why that would occur, in that most of the time whenever,

I have taken oral ABX in the past, I have the opposite affect.

This could be related to my oncomming superflare...I don't know.

In any event. If this was a Superherx/flare combination,

if I can manage to make it through with the IM injections.

I might very well realize a great improvement on the other side of these symptoms.

I think that for whatever reason. My six month flares are somewhat the same but to a degree

somewhat different from the normal everyday monthly flares I experience in between time.

This may or may not be the case as we still don't have enough studies to indicate

practically ANYTHING, where these diseases are concerned.

OK, so.

I'm going to go ahead with the Penicillin IM injection this afternoon.

If I repeat the same thing tonight as last night....whew!!!

I hope not...

But, I might consider it related to a penicillin reaction and not a J-Herx....

maybe...the hospital is only around the corner from me outside of my M/H park so....

I won't wait too long to go there if I can't handle ...whatever comes...

The only thing is....they have no IDEA what the heck these things are nor do they

know the proper treatments that may or may not help or hinder me!

Shooot....they may even kill me...the ducks just don't know...

That's the IDSA's fault...and I hold them personally responsible!

the jerks!

Tony Z

--------------------

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

OK,

The 23rd of June report.

I slept last night or early this morning from 2AM until 2PM this afternoon!

I have never slept that long since the early 60's.

Definitely never since feeling the first symptoms of these diseases back in the 80's.

Of course not counting what can only be speculated on.

My probable lyme fever in 1954.

I guess my body needed the sleep it took.

I am really glad I had no where to go and no one to see today.

I am feeling well. I almost don't need many of my medications.

The ones that have warnings about quitting abruptly...

don't worry....

I won't stop on my own....

at least not unless I have at least "walked them down" to a tolerable dose.

I might not have much choice in the matter...

as I have reached the dreaded "GAP", in my medicare plus drug coverage.

I must now pay out of pocket for my scripts....sheesh!

I was told the lexapro would cost me almost $300.00!

Like I even have that kind of money left, after I pay everyone else,

what I'm supposed to pay them....LOL!

No matter...I've been whittleing away at that drug anyway...

so much so that I don't think I'll need them much longer....

for depression anyway...because, the better I feel with the abx treatments....

the less and less I feel depressed!

The less and less I'll need any pain meds either!

I'll probably have to go on methadone in order to kick off of the meds I am doing....

but that won't be for awhile yet...

I suspect sometime next month,

when I will be up north...hopefully seeing a REAL LLMD!

OK folks....

Just thought I would keep ya posted!

YFIChrist
AMZ Sr

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

hi tony, i'm behind in my replies, etc. having pc/phone problems and they can't find the bug to fix it completely.

i don't know if you saw my post or not, but today cspan was covering VETERANS BENEFITS in DC; thought of you and other members here.

take care; got to mosey on; glad you got 12 good hrs. of sleep! [Smile]

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Thanks Betty,

I missed that one. I only have antenna television now so I don't have a whole lot of channel selections.

I was wondering if there had been anyone else who might have had lung/sinus symptoms arise in the middle of or anytime durring treatments with either IV Ceftriaxone or IM penicillin?

I seem to have resolved this problem with Rifampin. I had run out but managed to get a 15 day supply of this formerly used against tuberculosis medication.

I see why that particular med would help to clear up the lung and sinus issues I was experiencing.

The ducks at ER's in the past usually had no clue as to what to call the symptoms and usually treated me for pneumonia. With Levaquin, also resolving the problems.

I just wonder why these bugs, when being treated with say metronidazole and clarithromycin and penicillin. Chose to create problems in the respiratory functions of the patients treating them in this way?

Furthermore, I have decided to go with the same strength dose, only 12 hours apart.

My reasoning was due to a further discussion with the corpsman in WWII. It seems the infantrymen were given a choice.

Either eight days of ten shots of(what I can only suspect were)single dose penicillin.

Or ten days of eight shots. Thus comming up with that 80 or 84 regimen of ridding these men of supposed syphilis.

I have had no ill effects so far. However, when I did wait 48 hours and then 24 hours in between delivery.

I did pray about it and felt the Holy Spirit would protect me in this endeavor.

I sensed, noticed, what have you. A seeming peak of killoff and then a rapid regrouping of these bacteria.

Seemingly robbing me of the benefits I achieved, in the 12 or so hours after previous injections.

I have read where these bacteria are slow to reguvinate and am aware of plateau effects but I persevered.

Much to the disapointment of the IDSA guideline authors, as well as other ducks.

The so called scientists who treat acne repeatedly but rant and rave about the "DANGERS" of overdose with antibiotics.

Commenting, without even trying these techniques.

Just dismissing aggressive treatments, out of hand,

when fighting these multi-shapeshifting, bacterial/retroviral/fungal,

polysymptomatic infestations in the human body.

With of course, not to efficacious outcomes.

I'm quite tired of the hitch-hikers myself and wish to give them, as much as I can take, to rid myself of them forever.

At the very least. Gain an even ground where my own immune system, might, be able to control the boogers.

Quite possibly what happened to me way back in 1954.

I'm not suggesting anyone try what I'm doing EVER.
I'm just trying to let you all know what I'm up to in this battle.

YFIChrist,
AMZ Sr

--------------------

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hi Again Everyone,

While sitting on my stoop praying and wondering what it is that I'm actually accomplishing.

I asked the Holy Spirit to enlighten me as I was at a loss as to whether I was doing anyone any good at all.

Especially with posting my "progress" on the internet for all to view.

The reply, which seemed to come to me was that I might very well be dispelling the notions,

of the IDSA and their collective supporters.
That extensive use of antibiotics is "useless

and may even be harmfull".

Causeing all sorts of problems and potentially creating that "SUPER BUG",

that everyone is so afraid of, lurking somewhere around every corner.

These are mere scare tactics. Fear monggering....

If nothing else He is using me to dispute the use of heavy doses of antibiotics.

As well as the use of multiple antibiotic families inclusive in a regimen of treatment.

I have been previously denied. All the years of my illness(S).

As I've stated all along. The only true "SUPER BUG" is the one delivered by a tick bite.

In all actuality, the ticks deliver several diseases at one time. Thus the difficulty in treatment.

Also the overwhelming obvious need for more research(not less),

leading to better knowledge of these diseases, then exists at this time.

In order to just plain make people devestated by these diseases, well.

I have suffered no ill effects as I have been injecting 1,200,000 units of penicillin G,

every 12 hours.
Also, oral doses of metronidazole for cyst busting effect.

Clarithromycin, for possible other co-infections keeping me ill all these years.

Rifampin, for exactly the same reason as the Clarithromycin.

It seems to have a 100 percent efficacious outcome on the lung issues I began to present,

after my second round of 20 doses of the penicillin.

Something I also ran into on ceftriaxone in previous regimens of treatments.

Thus, propting the treating physicians to pull the pin on antibiotics.

Instead of trying this particular methodology to bypass the diseases defenses.

So far so Good!
That is all the Holy Spirit told me to say tonight.

Antibiotic therapy when dealing with these diseases is NOT harmful to me!

And I...am just a normal red blooded American.

Who has been sick for the past 14 years or so because I have been denied this type of aggressive treatment.

No earthly doctor is directing me. The Holy Spirit has been directing me for some time now.

My outcome is with the Lord.

YFIChrist
AMZ Sr

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

tony, thanks for stopping by for your latest words of wisdom. [sleepy] time for me..

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement