LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » best metal and parasite detox???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best metal and parasite detox???
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really think i need to detox for metals and parasites.

i tried the nurtura and nothing...nada, zilch...didn't work for me.

i've researched the hulda clark and read it's a scam so i'm leery of that.

is there something easy to take like pills or something which would work? i don't know anything about this kind of detox and really need some help from people who have done it.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
humaworm is very good for parasites. Many folks on here use it.

For metals you can use a good brand of Chlorella or maybe Zeolite:

http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pdfs/zeolite_flyer.pdf

I have never tried Zeolite (I had already chelated when I used the Nutramedix for Cowden) but I do use Chlorella and plan to continue using it for maintenance.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't start with zeolite unless you have access to some kind of energetic testing for it, because some people have kidney weakness & don't test well for it.

OSR is really good. A bit expensive but good. Take ALA and NAC (if you don't have any fillings). These are glutathione precursors or antioxidants which help recycle glutathione.

Pectasol is good too. It's a modified pectin that enters your bloodstream to bind, unlike say apple pectin which just stays in your gut.

However, you need to be taking binders such as apple pectin (I use Glucomannan) that will pull the chelators through the gut route. Even if you have a strong kidney, the kidney tends to get stresed much easier than the gut. EDTA or DMSA suppositories also come to mind, but I haven't used these.

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear,

Whatever antiparasitics you do, they need to be used over many, many months. These parasites are very difficult to get rid of, but many people have done it.

The herbs also need to be rotated so the parasites don't build up a resisitance. I was on antiparasitic herbs for 6 mos before I saw results, and then when I started salt/c all hell broke loose.

These parasites have layed eggs and larva and it takes a lot of persistence to get rid of them. Check out the humaworm site and also read about "other cleanses". They have a series of herbs and the order in which to do them over a period of time.

Dr. Hulda Clark is a very intelligent woman and not a scam at all. Also go to

www.curezone.com

and look at the parasite forums. A lot of people dealing with the same things,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe everyone has a major parasite issue. My doctor doesn't either, and she was a big follower of Dr. Clark back in the day.

So far, I haven't seen much parasite activity. It hasn't been detected in any energetic test or lab test. So it may also be a geographical/lifestyle issue.

Either way, it doesn't hurt to do a round of humaworm and see what happens. My whole family is on it, and no one has had any changes besides more bowel activity

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i ordered the humaworm for 30 days.

i did the dr. nurtura and got nothing. i called them and they said "well some people don't." i hate to spend all that money and have it not work, but at this point i'm desperate.

should i stay on the humaworm for 30 days or longer? i've heard you should rotate it, every three months...

geez, i'm so ignorant of all this and i get tired of reading.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mOjoey,

Are you aware that statistically 90% of the population has parasites? The reason food workers wear gloves is to not contaminate the food with parasites and bacteria.

Dr. K. treats all of his patients for parasites and worms first. I took 6 months of VERY strong Chinese and South American herbs before I saw anything. I started the salt/c protocol and all hell broke loose.

These parasites are MASTERS at survival. Don't be fooled that it is a geographical or Third World problem. I never tested positive for parasites in any lab test or energetically, but I sure had a lot of them come out when I treated.

Randibear,

you need to stay on the Humaworm for the 30 days and go to their site and look up "other cleanses" in the left hand columm. They have a whole protocol to follow for the in between herbs.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Yes I am aware of that. I'm not saying that people don't have parasites. But whether it is an issue that is beckoning to be treated (which is how I interpret energetic testing results) is what I question. Many people on the zyto evaluation come up with alinia as a priority. Not for me. I don't believe we're supposed to get rid of all the parasites in our bodies to get well. That doesn't make any evolutionary sense. "Rife showed that by altering the environment by adding adrenaline, friendly bacteria such as bacillus coli could be converted into the 'pathogenic' bacteria known as typhoid, then into viral forms associated with polio, then tuberculosis, then cancer."

Reestablishing terrain is my primary concern. Trying to get rid of every single parasite & bacteria in our bodies is not only a herculean task... but also doesn't bode well for a healing psyche. That is just my opinion. Of course, many people out there may have a huge parasite problem that needs to be addressed in an aggressive manner. My point is simply that the need may not be universal.

With that said, I plan on following the humaworm protocol because I don't think it'll do any harm & it's relatively cheap. ALso, it's always wise to do what you can to keep pathogens in control while you reestablish healthy terrain.

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love that quote. I wonder the role of adrenaline and oxygen deprivation in illness.
Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that the Hulda Clark liver cleanse is a good one. I have used it three times now over the past few weeks (two weeks apart), and it seems to have helped a lot.

Humaworm is good. You take it for 30 days, then off it for 90. I would take something else during that 90 days. I saw lots of roundworms with enula during my time off Humaworm, but never saw one roundworm when on Humaworm.

I agree with Joey. We need to get the terrain changed. It's a matter of balance. Balance so that the good is stronger than the bad. I'm on the verge of being there, but feel like I still need to get the upper hand on a couple more things ....

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally am very doubtful we're all littered with parasites, but who knows..
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never in 1 million years suspected that I had a problem with parasites. I did 3 liver flushes & then I started seeing something that looked a bit odd in the toilet. I may have easily missed it but it didn't look right... Low & behold - I had a liver fluke.

After taking some black walnut hulls, wormwood & cloves - I passed quite alot of flukes & then something that looked like a tapeworm segment. I know I have more work to do on this & I am feeling quite different now.

I'd say it's a good idea for everyone to try de-worming themselves. You have nothing to lose - except the parasites.

They aren't going to come out very easily & you may miss them. I think many people have them. There are so many factors as to how you can be exposed to parasites, I think it's just a good idea to do a few different things to rid them from your body --- even if it's just to rule them out as a cause of ill health.

Hulda Clark is a very smart woman & doctor. Her theories & protocols are not a scam. They are very simple, basic things you can do to clean out the toxins & pathogens from your body.

Good luck randibear!

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a few weeks maybe of high does garlic.. maybe got up to 9 pills of Pharmax a day and I did expel nests of dead worms. I have been crazy about washing my hands and cleanliness since childhood.

Question about the Hulda Cleanse. I am on kidney right now and working up. Has anyone had a problem with the epsom salt (mag sulfate) lowering blood pressure too much?

Thanks.

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a cleanliness issue with parasites. They are everywhere & microscopic. I'm not being paranoid - it's just the facts. We do have to strike a balance but they are living off of us & depleting our energy. Best to get rid of them.

There are some recent studies about *giving* people worms who have Crone's or IBS... I wouldn't do that. I think it's better to get rid of em.

R62- I'm not sure about the epsom salt. I think there are alternatives if that's too harsh for you. I read that epsom salt is good since it helps dilate the bile ducts. It is kind of harsh - so, if you have any issues, you can do some research & see if there are other methods.

Watch the Worm Guru - it's good... She has alot of info but she's funny, too =

http://www.youtube.com/user/WormGuru

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adirienzo
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adirienzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are parasites related to lyme ? If you have lyme

is it likely you also have parasites ?

Posts: 31 | From north attleboro, ma | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Check out

www.lymephotos.com

Over 90% of the population has parasites. Willy Burgdorfer found Filarial worms in the ticks and then found spirochetes as an aside. So yes, people with Lyme disease have even a bigger problem with parasites. Check out the symptom list at

www.humaworm.com

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen guys and gals..
You got to throw out the old idea of parasites and think of it as the same as bacterial or fungal or viral infections. its all part of the whole picture. Parasites do not have to be "worms" (even though there are some of those). Remember babesia is a parasite. Malaria is a parasite. Toxoplasmosis is a parasite.

There are many infections and its all one lump and you got to hit them all at the same time from many angles. I really think there is a preconceived notion that parasites are some other entity all by itself and it is only one thing you have in your head about it.

Change that over to tiny infections in the blood just like the other infections. As well there can be tiny eggs and different forms of parasites through their life cycle.
Just like Lyme has its life cycle and it is a bacterial infection.

I just feel like it needs to be pointed out that parasites are not just of the gut and are not just of worms.

I treat for parasites in one way or another all the time. Taking breaks of course. But I visualize those treatments going through my blood and penetrating my tissues and organs just like I visualize antibiotics. I even am on antibiotics that are anti protozoan. Like I said. Its all one lump sum of an infectious disease that has some of....
Bacterial Fungal Viral and Protozoan infections.!

I hope that helps some in a better way to think and approach this subject. And you got to keep treating like Gael keeps saying because of the life cycle and they are hard to get rid of when they are laying so many eggs etc. Got to pay attention to the life cycle and continue to remember they can be in all forms and various types in all parts of the body. Including the brain! ..

So do not give up and keep on going after them.

Did you know that in AIDS patients they do not die of AIDS but of Toxoplasmosis (a parasite infection) That takes over and kills the patient. They are not just some odd thing from 3rd world countries.

I think that there are also a lot of people who do not realize that things like babesia and malaria and toxoplasmosis etc are protozoan. I know when I first started learning about all this I just lumped everything into either Bacterial or Viral. That was it. I have learned so much over the years...

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a great basic site for learning called

Meet the Microbes

-

This is where they started as:

Protists are eukaryotic creatures <you-carry-ah-tick>, meaning their DNA is enclosed in a nucleus inside the cell (unlike bacteria, which are prokaryotic <pro-carry-ah-tick> and have no nucleus to enclose their DNA. They're not plants, animals or fungi, but they act enough like them that scientists believe protists paved the way for the evolution of early plants, animals, and fungi. Protists fall into four general subgroups: unicellular algae, protozoa, slime molds, and water molds.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm one of the biggest "germophobes", wash my hands frequently, disenfect rooms regularaly, etc.

And I have a few different types of parasites and I've seen "proof".

It takes a long time to get rid of them but I'm determined. I've got a couple types of roundworm and liver flukes. Ewwww.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
randibear - see the post i just bumped to the top called "Allergie-Immune Germany".

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

mojo, my husband says i don't clean i "persecute".....LOL

but i'm still going to give it a shot, hey, what have i got to loose? maybe some weight and some renters who aren't paying board!!

--------------------

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did one month of Humaworm and never saw anything. It did give me significant heartburn; so I ended up giving away the other two months worth I bought here on Lymenet.

Everyone else I know that used it saw stuff, so I figured I was okay.

I take Sun Chlorella every day....and I don't have a way of putting this nicely, but within hours of taking it my stools smell very metallic. It took me a while to make the connection, because I don't go looking for these things, but I have clearly noticed this. So hopefully it is doing something good!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

It takes, many, many months of antiparasitic herbs and or other antiparasitic protocols to get rid of parasites/worms.

These infections can be deeply imbedded in the intestinal track and other organs, have layed larva and eggs and takes much more than one round of Humaworm. You may have to rotate with other antiparasitics. Persistence is key.

Tracy,

I could be wrong, but I thought I read on here recently that chlorella has a high metal content. You may want to check it out.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael,
That could totally be it!!! LOL!!!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Thank you Sparkle and Spring for the links. :-)
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swanson offers a kind of Japan-harvested Chorella and chorella growth factor on the cheap. I believe they call it "Kyoto" brand, after the location where it is grown. Some say it is useful for detoxification, but nomatter what it is known as a nutritious "green food".

As far as the parasite connection is concerned, I would encourage anyone with a suspected parasitic infection, especially one with supposed evidence that can be seen with the naked eye, to find a physician or lab to look at it and identify. If you can find a parasitologist that's even better.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy,GLM, Isnt it more likeley that the chlorella is chelating metals?

Seems like this company has been around for a while, I would imagine that they test for metals?

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Marsy,

I don't know the answer,(maybe someone else will) but when I was researching it I came across the info I posted mentioning that it is high in Vit K. I believe Tracy is or was on blood thinners.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement