LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Duration of Bart rashes while in treatment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Duration of Bart rashes while in treatment
c3mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c3mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those with Bart, did you always have some type of skin rash? Did they vary in appearance? Did they only come out on a certain part of the body?

I'm considering getting Dr. Schaller's book on Bart. Is it worth it if your not a doctor?

Does it give good general info like what I'm seeking above?

Posts: 262 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had Bart rashes forever. What dermatologists mistook for acne or rosacea for the past 35+ years is actually Bartonella.

My LLMD took one look at me and told me what it was. It was a huge relief! I have been battling my skin most of my life and to finally have someone tell me what caused the problem was liberating.

Zithromax and Dynacin have helped tremendously on my face, but my back and chest still have rashes.

Yes, mine do change appearances. The lesions and patches of acne-looking pimples come and go. They can be small and tiny or large like a cyst and last for weeks. Fortunately when they fade they never leave a mark.

The ones on my back and chest are different. They always leave a purple discoloration when they heal.

I have also had an awful problem with my arms. For about twenty years I have had rashes and bleeding on my arms between my wrists and elbows. It comes and goes but it always itches so intensely I want to scream. My arms are dotted with white scars from where I have had the lesions.

In addition, I have spider veins on my nose that I have had removed several times by a plastic surgeon, but they keep returning. I attribute those to Bart, now that I know.

The tip of my nose develops little blood blister looking lesions from time to time. They bleed spontaneously and last from days to months at a time. My LLMD says they are definitely from Bartonella.

Once I started taking Zithromax hundreds of little spider veins emerged on my thighs and calves. I think this has something to do with Bartonella too.

I have odd bruises appear on my body that make no sense, but now that I know I have Bartonella it all adds up. For example, last summer, both of my knees developed huge (really huge) purple bruises. They matched perfectly, but did not hurt. People would comment on them when I wore shorts. They were that noticeable. Yet I had done nothing to make them occur. Eventually they faded away.

Another example is the big square purple bruise that developed on the top of my right foot this past spring. It was in the shape of a perfect square and covered about half of my foot. I had not kicked anything or hurt it any way, but it looked just awful. It went away after a few weeks, but never caused me any discomfort.

I bought both of Dr. Schaller's Bartonella books and I think they have been very useful for me although there is little text. It is mostly pictures, but I found that helpful. His writing style is very elementary and not as sophisticated as I expected, but I am able to overlook that. It is the pictures that I really wanted anyway.

I lent my books to my sister because she is awaiting her first LLMD appointment in July. We suspect she has Lyme and Bartonella too. The pictures in Dr. Schaller's books match some of her skin issues to a tee. It is amazingly scary.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c3mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c3mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Leelee,

I too have the tiny spider veins on my face. They didn't appear in numbers though until I started abx.

I used to have an open type pimple on the side of my nose. I went to the dermatologist thinking ot was an early form of skin cancer. It also has gone away.

My son has the rash between his elbow and it drives him crazy. It went away after two weeks of abx treatment, unfortunately it has returned.

Did you get the the red lines at all? I get about 1-2 lines everyday and then they fade.

thanks again
c

Posts: 262 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi C,

I am sorry your son has that rash. It is so annoying.

I never got the streaky red lines which is incredible since I have so many other Bartonella skin issues.

Sometimes I think I see faint streaks on the top of my stomach and then I think I am imagining them. Everything else is on my skin is so obvious so it leaves me wondering.

What abx are you on?

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c3mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16412

I'm only on Augmentin right now. A couple of mos ago I was on Biaxin and amox. After a week on Biaxin, I had severe panic and trouble w/my vision so I stopped for two mos.

It took about a month for my eyes to be able to focus properly. I was afraid if I pushed thru the herx it would do more damage than good.

I had been on Augmentin over a year ago and it never brought out the rashes. I think the Biaxin stirred up something!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement