LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » For real houswivesfolks/mentioned Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For real houswivesfolks/mentioned Lyme
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Does anyone watch real housewives?

Was the New Jersey gals which like least (BTW)

Caught the 1 lady say to her daughter going to Germany her relative came back from Germany with Lyme, insinuating if you go to Germany can get Lyme. Must be sick person as she mentioned Lyme?

Maybe we can bring that up for show since sounded like she was really worried for her child's health & Lyme

Not knowing anything about Lyme we all know NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY. ARE LOADED WITH TICKS.

Even Political people have spoken with Dr.s & Educators all over U TUBE. NEWscasters they speak about how Lyme is Rampant in those states, Finding deer alone 00 ticks on 1 ear.
They did mention epidemic. Hmmmmmm

Huggggggsss, To All In Need/kerry [group hug]

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerry,

It was on the TV while I was folding laundry and I heard that part, so I perked up and watched some of it! Yes, she told her daughter that when Grandma went to Germany she got Lyme Disease.

I about fell over! I would think since they are in NJ, they would realize that you don't have to travel to Germany to get it. Who knows, Grandma may have gotten bitten in NJ, before she left, just showed up later!

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I saw that episode, too. They didn't elaborate, only saying that Grandma Nina got Lyme in Germany.

The good thing, though, is they seemed to realize how serious Lyme can be. The housewife was using it as an example of a horrible disease. That is a positive thing, I think.

BTW, I love, love, love this show. I confess.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepperspeck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pepperspeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is good that they mentioned it. I wish that they would have said that Grandma got Lyme disease while in NJ. She did not have to leave the state to get it!

My cousin was bike riding on a trail (wooded) and when he got home he had at least 30 ticks attached to his leg.

It has been a terrible Spring for them. Damp and rainy.

--------------------
I found my original identity! It has been a bit over 12 years...can't blame me for forgetting my password, right?!!

Member red (Member # 1886)
70 posts

Posts: 164 | From NJ | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It amazes me how people on the upper east coast/NY know so little about Lyme disease. It has been around for so long that it is truly odd. Sure grandma got it in Germany...Just like the housewives of NY daughter has "arthritis." Oh well couldn't hurt to write to them you never know.

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Agree with you gals she did not have to go to Germany for Lyme being New Jersey, New York.

Us who can write need to write see if can Grandmothers history or how she is.
Did make sound serious, did not say she came back with just flu.
I also feel Alison on the NY Housewives. Now Romana`s daughter she said suffers from aches & pains.
She will she if she can make 1st yr. college that is when illnesses go out control when on their own. Hope I am wrong but seems too co-
would also be more likely.
If we flood with some e-mails or letters may get there kids tested at correct lab.
Hugggggsss, In ALL IN NEED....Kerry

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kerryblue,

I agree with you that the children of the Housewives of NYC should look into a Lyme diagnosis. They "summer" in the Hamptoms. I think there are tons of ticks there.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just my opinion here, but even if they realized that they could or have gotten sick in their own back yards they will not say so on national tv.

Why? Property values.

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I wrote to Jill from Real Housewives of NYC, at her "Ask Jill" column on Hamptons.com a couple months ago.

She did answer my letter online.

You can read my letter and her reply here......scroll to the long letter from Amber, RN......

http://www.hamptons.com/Hamptons-Style/Ask-Jill/7099/Lets-Talk-Jealousy-Yawning-And-Lyme-Disease.html

She obviously believed everything her Dr told her.

[ 06-16-2009, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Dekrator48 ]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Dekrator, that was a lovely letter you sent to Jill.

I am disheartened to learn that Jill so highly regards the medical team at NIH. I don't expect they tested her through Igenex, but we'll probably never know.

On the positive side, she did post your letter and her reply did indicate that she realizes Lyme is a serious problem.

Thank you for the link. I enjoyed reading what you wrote.

--------------------

SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, what a great letter, Dekrator. You educated a lot of people...so well written.

P.S. That show is one of my guilty pleasures too...tonite is the big "table toss" showdown for the NJ "ladies".

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

quote:
Originally posted by SoSublyme:
Wow, what a great letter, Dekrator. You educated a lot of people...so well written.

P.S. That show is one of my guilty pleasures too...tonite is the big "table toss" showdown for the NJ "ladies".

I can't wait! This group of housewives is my most favorite.

I heard they were going to do a Real Housewives of Washington, DC in the future. [Cool]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your nice comments Leelee and SoSublyme!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, 1st thank all off you including Leelee. thank you!!

What is my point here???
This has become a hugely watched program even men. Bravo1s top rated. Mil. watch???
Would I love to use them if possible, YOU BET
Beyond that I care about anyon suffering with NO true DX.
We have 2 kids here, yes Hamptons, known for Lyme, Proud place with lifetime illness lerking.

I wathed when the Mother barely grapped her daughter she said Owe. Hurt to be touched(ANother well known sign),

Just RA(not to mention RA is immune disorder not straight on arthritis.
Now we have right front of our eys, hurting, NOT JUST 1?????Hmmmm

I work daILY FOR NEXT GENERATION,knowing as long as I have had late stage with severe FM/ME.
Very suspect linked as RA.That is being quite week & ill).

If we could not only help their kids.
Back to my selfish part of bringing may 1 show on this.
Not to mention
NEW FUNDRAISER/YEAH/sure be nice being it is 1 Bravo`s top rated shows????
Would that be great as this program do Lyme fundraising, even for exposure.

If either 1 writes(better than I), we all sign with how we can relate???

Or all write our own letters????
Knowing many of us lettered out, then we spend lot time many days on LYMNET(sorry).
We spend just much time on site...

What do you think folfs might be small break but good for us. Think of all the footage, using Lyme, grandma may not be that old?? SIGN?

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE KNOW;
Hugggsssss, to all in need

Sorry having really bad day if you need me to clarify any this.

Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Hi, Finally wrote personal letter. Backing up those who wrote.
If they could to Lyme Fundraiser would be huge for us since it is 1 highest rated Bravo shows.

If you can write back us up just may help for the people with bucks to run on TV Lyme Fundraiser.

Please do if you can think would make impact & help her with daughter & Romona`s same time.
Knowing her style she would bring it on!!!!!!

Hugggssss, to ALL in Need/Kerry

Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

BUMP
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Bump AGAIN,
WHY, They all do fundraisers well advertised, many are hooked on these woman.
If they would just do 1 for Lyme if she realizes her daughter has Lyme.
They were talking of doing Tennis Fundraiser between Jill & Romona, Biggy topic for them.
Hugggss, to ALL in Need, Kerry

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement