LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Burning/pinprick sensations on feet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Burning/pinprick sensations on feet
kim812
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kim812     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay so I have been sick for almost five years without this symptom..until two weeks ago.

It feels as though my feet are in hot lava with pinpricks all over them. They are not numb and it doesn't feel like pins and needles.

It mostly is on the tops of my feet up to my ankle. My right foot is worse than the left. I have had muscle twitching for the entire 4 years in my calves.

I had it for a 3 or 4 days and then it went away for an entire week. Now it is back again going on my 3rd day.

It is very uncomfortable..I am wondering how all of the sudden this new symptom can appear. Maybe it is from something else? Anyone have this all of the sudden?

I have been treating for over two years now and it just seems strange that I would suddenly come up with a new Lyme symptom.

I have it for a few days and then it just goes away. La

Posts: 343 | From North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get pinprick sensations too, on various parts of my body.

My LLMD thought that was more one of the coinfections, perhaps babesia.

Have you been tested for that?

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope its just them waking up. I would ask you LLMD.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kim812
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kim812     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been treated for almost a year for Babesia. I am not currently on anything for it though.

I asked my doctor and he has no idea what is going on. He told me to take alpha lipoic acic twice a day but it isn't doing anything.

I don't feel it as much when I am walking around but once I sit it becomes almost unbearable.

Not sure why all of the sudden this would happen. I think something else is causing it not Lyme and co's. I see the doctor in a couple weeks so will find out more.

Posts: 343 | From North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just developed this symptom too.

I was lying in bed one night, and realized my feet were burning.

I thought, that's odd because otherwise I was cold. My feet weren't hot to the touch, like my boys' feet get when they have fever, but they burned.

It's not a constant thing; it just comes and goes.

I have been tested for babesia, and the tests came back negative.

I'm being treated for Lyme and Ehrlichia with Doxy and Rifampin.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MBB3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MBB3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear ANYONE experiencing this misery.

Have you taken Flagyl? It is know to cause neuropathy, anyone taking this drug should be aware of this risk.

It's my WORST symptom and usually presents after sitting for more than 10 minutes or after walking ANY distance. Also have these sensations along spine and down arms and hands - but NOT all of the time.

Gabapentin helps hide it a little, but would rather treat the cause - Lyme is well-known to cause these symptoms which are referred to as parasthesias and possibly neuropathy - a variant of nerve damage. Thankfully this is correctable for some.

Regards, MBB3

Posts: 247 | From The Country | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had feet burning sensations for years and my doc said this is a classic lyme symptom.

Recently I started bicillin LA 3X a week which significantly reduced the pain.

Feel better

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kim812
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17644

Mine just come and go also. I just thought it was strange that after so long I would all of the sudden develop a "new" symptom.

Sometimes I will have it for days and then will disappear for weeks only to come back.

I have never been on flagyl so I am not sure what caused this. I haven't been in treatment now for 2 months.

My doc decided it wasn't going to do me any good since I have been in treatment for almost 3 years. He wanted me to take a break.

This burning/pinprick symptom did come when I was still in treatment. It is soooo uncomfortable.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement