LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update
timaca
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I'd post how I'm doing. I've been diagnosed with various pathogens:lyme, HHV-6, EBV, enterovirus, Chlamydia pneumonia (Cpn), HSV1...

I had my best month since being ill (5 1/2 years). Please make sure you get checked out for everything, viruses included.

See: www.hhv-6foundation.org and www.enterovirusfoundation.org. I'm not well yet, but I am definitely making some headway in that direction.

Here is my June update. I will be on oxymatrine 19 weeks as of tomorrow. I am also on acyclovir for other viruses and doxycyline for Cpn (Chlamydia pneumonia). I had the best month ever since being ill (5 1/2 years).

I rank my days (1-10 with a "1" being in bed and a 10 being back to normal--which for me was being very physically active). Most of my days have been around a 3 (meaning life is an effort) to a 4 (meaning I have some enthusiasm for life). In the month of June I had 18 days that had at least part of the day ranked as a "5". I could count on one hand the number of days in the last 5 1/2 years that were a "5" prior to this month. SO....significant improvement.

Now, I still have symptoms...lots of nerve pain, joint pain, head pressures, fatigue and I don't feel normal. BUT....there are times when I do feel normal, and there have been at least 18 days this month where I have gotten a lot of things done!

So, I am encouraged. My labs came back with HHV-6 and EBV antibodies in the normal range. Enteroviruses (Coxsackie B4 and B3) are still high, but I would not expect them to drop yet since I haven't been on oxy that long. Cpn antibody titers are still quite high. BUT, while we thought of changing the antibiotic to better address the Cpn, my doctor decided to let things be since I was making good progress. That seemed a good plan to me. If I start to plateau or slide backwards, we will think of changing the antibiotic.

So...that is my update. Best wishes to all on this journey.

Timaca
Dx lyme disease 3/05. Dx HHV-6, EBV, VZV, and HSV1 6/07. Dx with CPn 5/08 and enterovirus 2/09. On antibiotics for 2+ years, Valcyte (antiviral drug) for 9 months. On 100 mg doxy bid for Cpn, acyclovir for viruses, oxymatrine for enterovirus

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting your progress, Timaca. Very promising to hear about the success with your titers with acyclovir.
Keep on keepin' on!

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an antiviral herb called LOMATIUM. It doesn't cost much. Why don't you give it a try?
Tell us if it has any effect!

LOMATIUM permanently wiped out my Herpes simplex lip sores. And historically, it protected the Washoe Indian tribe from the 1918 pandemic flu.

I bought 3 different brands from websites, where i read about its history.

I would really like to know if it helps you even a little!

---Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
timaca,

thanks for your update on your health and what you've done to date!

so sorry to read you have 3 - 5 range days, but make the most of every day you can.

hugs/kisses to a very special RN who has educated us all so much on HHV-6 and enterovirus.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pamoisondelune~
I won't be able to add in Lomatium at this time. My doctor wishes to keep everything the same to see if I continue to progress. If I plateau or slide backwards...that is when changes will be made. Thanks for the input though. If others have tried Lomatium I would be interested in their feedback.

Hi Bettyg~ "5" days are actually good days for me, so I am thrilled when I have them. I can do a lot on "5" days and have decent enthusiasm for life. My scale is a bit skewed, for I am really doing better than half speed (since a 10 is normal)...but it is the scale I made up and am working with. If I had to stay at a level 5 for the rest of my life, I'd be OK with that. I hope to continue to improve, and of course not go backwards...time will tell. Also I am not a nurse.

Best to all,
Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Timaca,

Glad to hear of your progress. I hope the improvements continue. Looking forward to your days turning into 10's for you.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timaca, that's great you are making improvement! BTW, who is this magical LLMD you work with who actually considers everything and treats for them? THat's novel. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Seekhelp~
I see two different Infectious Disease doctors who are AWESOME. They understand that more than one pathogen can cause issues in a person. They are very open minded, very involved in research and are working very hard to get ill people like us well.

Best, Timaca

Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timaca,

I am so glad you are doing better!!!!

Our doctors just started treating us for viruses too. My husband has EBV, HHV-6, Cyclomeglovirus, Coxsackie, and Parvo! I didn't know people could have Parvo! So he is on anti-viral meds and so am I.

I have the EBV, HHV-6, Cyclomeglovirus, and CPN. I am hoping they will help us get back on track.

I do think there are so many things we have to do to get better. I just hope I am taking all the right steps!!

I hope you keep on doing so well!!

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timica,

You give hope that perseverance wins!!!! Thanks for sharing your uplifting report. Hoping that you continue to improve and can report a 7-8 next time!

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, so glad to hear your doing better. I've always thought that viruses play a roll too, some where in all my health issues. I think it may be one of several missing pieces of my puzzle.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey T...

I know the rough road you've traveled .. bless your heart.

And your latest news makes me want to...

[Big Grin]

You sure deserve some good days and my wish for you is for many more.

Keep on trucking over these bugs and we will win this war!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement