LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » self help while waiting to see LLMD for 1st time ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: self help while waiting to see LLMD for 1st time ?
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all...

I have over a month before I can see an LLMD and wonder what I can do in the meantime to help my body heal and feel better...

Labcorp western blot test indicated IgG P 58 and IgM P 39 present
7 months ago

and IgG P41 present 1 month ago...

waiting to see LLMD for further testing...

have already finished 2 courses Doxycycline...7 weeks and 5 weeks...200 mg/day

script has 2 more refills...

don't know what to do in meantime...please help if you can with some advice...

thanks so much...
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chronic Triathlete
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chronic Triathlete   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try some herbs to hold you over until you can get on antibiotics.

I see an herbalist in Brooklyn, NY for mine. I don't really keep a tight track on what she gives me, but maybe someone else can give you some specific things to look for.

--------------------
10.24.07 Sick
03.31.08 Diagnosed IGeneX WB with Bb
04.08.09 Fry Bart

Updated 02.06.10 � On an ABX break since July 09, gluten-free, lots of exercise.

My blog: http://www.chronictriathlete.com/wordpress

Posts: 199 | From Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it would be a good idea to start taking probiotics if you aren't already.

Drinking lots of water, eating a low-carb, no sugar diet is also a good thing to do.

I learned that doing yoga helped immensely. Can't explain why, but I think it has something to do with detoxing the body.

Eating healthfully and keeping a positive outlook (hard as it is sometimes) are also beneficial.

Oh, and you might want to start taking Samento (Cat's Claw). But, I don't know if you can do that while on Doxy or not.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the quick response CT !

I just checked your blog...pretty darn impressive your training and competition given being infected !... Kudos...inspirational... [Smile]

for me though I am just too tired to even think of going for a short walk !

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

LeeLee,

thanks so much for the help ! [Smile]

I am already doing a few of the things you suggested but will look into the Samento for sure...

funny...I have been thinking of yoga a lot lately...must be the subconscious desire of the body that wants to heal itself...trying to get a message through to me...

so far it is still in the thinking only stages...
will try to change that... [Wink]

thankyou muchly !

--------------------

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would continue taking the doxy until I could get in with the lyme doc. Doxy kills lyme and ehrlichiosis and bartonella. At 200 mg per day, it will at least keep them from multiplying. Higher doses will kill them.

Also, eat lemons and drink lots of water. This is to detoxify. You can squeeze the lemons into the water and drink that all day. This keeps you from feeling sick from the germ die-off.

Watch sun exposure while on doxy. It can cause a really nasty medicine burn. You don't get red skin. Be very careful and avoid the sun.

Drink kefir and eat yogurt (at least 2 hours away from the doxy) to restore good flora in your gut. This will help keep yeast infections at bay (in the mouth and stomach).

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Hi TF,

I already experienced the sunburn...boy was that the worst ever burn I have experienced !

What I was thinking...doubling the doxy dosage to 400 with what I have left in the script...but...is that a safe thing to do without a doc's approval ?

I would have enough to do 30 days that way...

I know this is getting into shaky territory... "I am not a medical doctor,but..."

anyone with experience on this ?

the lemons and water is a good idea...

I'm already taking probiotics and eating yogurt every day ...

have been off the doxy now for a week and the symptoms started coming back after a few days...

thanks for your advice...it is greatly appreciated [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

--------------------

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have over a month before you see the doc. So, you need to compute a dosage that will carry you until you get in with the doc.

300 mg would be a good dosage. Even the 200 mg.

I just want you on meds the entire time. Otherwise, the lyme will just grow back, which is what you are experiencing now.

I was there once. Didn't like it.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karen

Allergy Research puts out a TOA Prima una de Gato (cats claw) which my doctor recommends.

http://www.allergyresearchgroup.com/Prima-Una-De-Gato-90-Vegetarian-Caps-p-198.html

You can get also get it at other websites alot cheaper.
http://www.vitacost.com/Allergy-Research-Group-Prima-Una-de-Gato?csrc=GPF-713947750401

I am in remission and take 1 a day. You could probably take 3 with an active infection.

Maybe some other folks here who use it as an alternative abx can give more specific dosages.

For me it really seems to work to keep lyme at bay.

Good luck. [Smile]

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

thanks gemofnj !

I checked out the site..."take only under medical supervision it

says"...that alone does not scare me off but could it skew any

bloodwork I will have done...ie...should I stop taking it prior to ?

Also...is it compatable with ABx use or only to be used as an

alternative ? If you know the answers could you pass them along ?
thanks a whole bunch... [Wink]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement