LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Random bone pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Random bone pain
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

So I just had my second cold laser treatment on Tuesday and yesterday and today I've had intermittent episodes of bone pain. Both below my left knee. I drove to the library yesterday even though I was herxing and felt crappy. Just before I got there, the bone pain started, had to limp inside.

Next stopped at fruit/veggie market, pain persisted, drove to one more store and it was gone.

This morning the pain started again.

A few weeks ago I was getting searing bone pain in 2 of my fingers, it was pretty intense, kind of like a tooth 'nerve' pain.

I don't remember if that pain was shortly after the first laser treatment or not.

Related to Lyme and co??? I guess part of me has been thinking that when I got my first myoclonus episode in May I should have gone to a Doc for at least a CT scan, but I didn't... and then I started feeling better.

I just hope I don't have another medical condition on top of Lyme, my PCP is NOT Lyme Literate and doesn't believe I have Lyme because of a negative Elisa. But she will schedule tests to rule things out.

Thanks!
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Migrating joint pain is definitely related to lyme!

Your pain can even continue throughout treatment.

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gem!

The thing is, it doesn't happen at the joint, it's lower than the knee. I have had episodes of my right knee swelling and severe pain where I could not put weight on the leg.

I'm assuming this pain though is somehow Lyme related. I'm 30 years old...so I don't think it can be 'age' related!

Take care!

Ocean

--------------------

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean, I have had bone pain through the years with this lyme thing too. I attribute it to the Lyme, or bartonella. Mine started when I was in my twenties so, def. not age related either! It comes and goes and sometimes it is pretty darned painful! I have felt my left leg as if it is being mangled on the inside.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Painted Turtle,

Yes, it can hurt pretty badly! I would hate to have it everywhere...think I would go crazy!

I love your blog...TONS of awesome info!

Ocean

--------------------

AnnaL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnaL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had deep bone pain for years (I'm currently 30), and it's gotten worse along with the Lyme.

Given that my primary Lyme symptoms are neurological, it would make sense that my nervous system is all messed up and sending neuropathic pain signals. At least, that's the theory I'm working on.

Like you, I don't really have joint pain--it's like it's an electric current zinging in the bone marrow.

I tried gabapentin (rx) for the pain when it was really bad, but it made me a little loopy. It really worked on the pain, though.

Posts: 398 | From By the Salish Sea | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Anna,

Yes, that is what it feels like...an electrical current! It's so sharp sometimes!

Could definitely be neuro lyme related, that is my main thing, that and fatigue (but I am doing better...I think I'm herxing right now due to treatment on Thursday).

Interesting that the gabapentin helped! If mine gets more widespread or constant I will try it!

Thanks,

Ocean

--------------------

TO LIFE
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ocean,

Is your sed. rate elevated???

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

To Life,

I had it checked in Feb and it was 5 (0-20 normal range).

My son who also has Lyme had a normal sed rate as well.

Thanks,
Ocean

--------------------

TO LIFE
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ocean,

My sed rate the last time I checked was 60, I am sure it's gone down since then.

But the one thing that has helped me alot is I drink alot of veg. juices and some fruit. This is why I believe my bone and neuro pain are very low. I am not much of an eater.

I can not prove anything now but, I really believe parasites are the missing link for me.

I was on antibiotics for 2 years.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement