LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Article: Dr. Klinghardt's Treatment of Lyme Disease

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Article: Dr. Klinghardt's Treatment of Lyme Disease
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/08/04/Dr-Klinghardts-Treatment-of-Lyme-Disease.aspx

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WoW. Thats a great summation. Thanks.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this, Scott. Very timely.

I printed a copy for my collection of Dr. K. info, and one for my chiropractor who heard Dr. K speak this spring and is very interested in learning more about Lyme.

Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that Dr. K. provides so much information to patients for free!

Why would oral magnesium be different than other forms in it's availability to spirochetes? Do you know Scott or anyone?

Does Dr. K recommend a specific product of transdermal magnesium?

The article states:
HPU disarms the immune system by catastrophic depletion of zinc, manganese, arachidonic acid, histamin, taurine.

I thought histamine was over-produced? Do you know anything about this Scott? Can you point me to some research or is this explained in KPU info?

I just started taking a product that is supposed to help with herxing that is made of the enzyme that regulates histamine (Diamine Oxidase). It's xymogen histozyme - there is another product with the same active ingredient called histame. Perhaps that fits in here?

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.klinghardtneurobiology.com/KPUpresentation.pdf

States low histamine in the above. I'll ask later this month at a conference and see what he says about that topic.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx - read through most of the info.

Question about magnesium: if we are extremely depleted of magnesium, isn't it also helping us if we take it?

In my experience, whenever I took an oral mg, often combined with malic acid, I got my energy back.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin,

It sounds simple enough, right?

Well, as it tunes out, the simplest thing about this disease still has many questions. See a separate thread about this topic recently.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/84308

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From http://www.kpu-berlin.de/For_Neu_Kuklinski_1_en.html

"A chronic energy deficit in the nervous system often leads to an additional activation of C nerve fibres. These surround mast cells in a network form, so that by irritations increasingly histamine is released. The chronic histaminosis (histadelia) has a stimulatory action to the brain and peripherally it is a question of time, when allergies against external factors (pollen, dust etc.) would occur. The affected persons are not diseased because of the pollen, the mites etc. to allergic reactions, but rather to an increased release of histamine and a disturbed break down of histamine."

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang - this sounds like me - I have a histamine response (hives) when I touch many fabrics, plastics, stuff we normally touch.

I've known about liver detox problems but not about nerve fiber activation issues with concominant energy deficiency issues.

Plus when I went and read the Kuklinski article, it explained the air hunger I feel.

More biochemistry study coming up. It never ends...

Does anyone else here have severe histamine aka hives response to touching fabrics?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see that some treatment recommendations Dr. K makes are relatively low cost. However, can anyone comment on total cost including consult visists AND supplements/therapies/mercury removal, etc. to live the 'Dr. K approved perfect lifestyle' to achieve total remission from toxicity if possible?

I'm guessing most who see him are cured/in remission with his protocols such as the U2 girl from UOS.

I saw the shelf of supplements in her apartment was astounded to think she was popping all that every day!!

Are we talking $5k, $10k, $100k, $500k, $1 mm over a five-year period of treatment?

I always wondered what dollar figure was attached to this doc's protocol to compare to say an ILADS doc or a Dr. B following doc. [Smile] Lastly, does the incremental cost, if any, result in better
health for the patient.

i understand anyone can pick and choose certain ideas/supplements to use to help, but I'm more interested in the whole ball of wax here. I assume if his patient, you need to do all he says. I remember he doesn't even help those with amalgams so I am guessing he's strict there.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Every patient is different. For one hour of DK's time, it runs about 420 - probably far less than other practitioners - some of which charge up to 1200 an hour. I have found him to be quite reasonable. The fact that insurance doesn't pay for supplements is a sad reality, but that has nothing to do with this doctor. It's a choice that patients make once they recognize that antibiotics alone are not going to get us very far in most cases.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I started to see Dr. K. in 1998, he charged $300. an hour for at least the five years I was under his treatment. That included all Neural Therapy, all ART testing; it could be Prolo Therapy;or auto-hemotherapy; it could be a chiropractic adjustment or a treatment covering an emotional problem It also included the meds he used for injections. The increase to what he charges today happened only during the more recent years.

Name me one doctor on the East coast that is comparable without simply restricting treatment to antibiotics. The man is a genius - never had any money - drove a beat up old car for all the years I can remember and treated many of my "now" friends who were broke for very little. He does that to this day, with limitations, because he now is housed within a clinic and he is part of the overhead. When I was seeing him the earlier years, he lived in an old tiny saltbox house, in a poor neighborhood, with buckling stone steps leading to the not so fancy front door -- his office was in the attic. I remember it like it was yesterday. He definitely should have put up a goat to mow the grass growing to the front door.

My supplements were minimal - DMSA (one pill cost $4.50 back then), some hormones, cilantro, chlorella, later Wobenzyme followed by Rechtsregulat. Many supplements are people's own doing - he does not favor very many. Poeple coming in for the first visit bringing their sacks of bottles usually go home only able to use less than half. Most are energetically not suitable.

Too bad, so many people have the wrong idea about him. He is Dr. simplicity and Dr. kind - I have yet to meet another one like him. Mainly because he is able to think for himself. He may get an idea from someone else, but he will twist, turn and change it to incorporate his experience which makes it work for better results. I saw him maybe six times a year because he spends several months practicing and teaching in Europe. So you can add all that up. My visits never lasted longer than an hour. IV's were rarely done. Anybody who does it - it turns into a moneymaker.

One day when he opened the door to let us in, he obviously hadn't slept too well - turned out to be the day that I diagnosed him with Lyme disease, which was confirmed shortly thereafter with the first PCR that came out around that time. From that time on, he was his own guinea pig and I was number two. Everytime I saw him, he had a new idea turning into the next protocol. I got well and all turned out fine.
He never stopped brainstorming to this very day. and he challenges his patients to do their own part. He often sent me home with "research this". He let me dig through his file cabinets to take home everything he had published and all his videos of all his seminars. I did nothing but study these for several years and that alone eventually turned into my cure. I had no time to feel sorry for myself -- I was busy finding better ways for the whole-body approach. He taught me to make homeopathics on my second visit.

I don't know anybody who ever cured a chronic disease with school medicine, Lyme literate or not.

There are definitely still one or two around where money does not play first fiddle. We need to appreciate this. There is nothing hidden on his website. Show me another one who so freely gives things away.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks GiGi and Scott. I appreciate it. I've always wondered if treating with him was cost feasible and it certainly sounds like it.

I never meant he gets rich off it. I just read tons of books/publications from some authors who at times make so many recommendations that no one could ever afford to do them unless financially loaded. the items/services required by those people were often obtained off-site so it wasn't that particular practicioner getting the $$$, but still as a whole the patient hsd a huge amount of cash to outlay to follow it all.

I sure would love the opportunity to see him for an evaluation. I agree conventional medicine and ILADS aren't getting sick patients too far. It's obvious from reading here.

I do appreciate any provider who isn't in this to make lots of money off ill people. I do hear of some charging $1,200 an hr and it makes me cringe to think deathly sick people are getting financially obliterated like this.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey - thanks for the link. Looks like great information, some of which may put some pieces together for me regarding the krebs cycle . It will take some study to fully digest.

The histamine issue is very confusing.

Herxheimer looks to cause increased histamine.
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1011750

So many of us with lyme disease seem to have food allergies or food intolerances which would also indicate increased histamine.

Doesn't seem to fit with 80% of lyme patients having decreased histmaine. I have major allergies and herx constantly yet seem to have many of the KPU symptoms.

My LLMD has me on a product that lowers histamine. Not sure what to do at this point.

Scott - thanks for the link to Dr. K's info. Any info you can get from him about this will be most appreciated.

edited to add:
Taking b6 can cause increased dao (Diamine Oxidase) which can in turn decrease histamine. b6 is included in the protocol for KPU.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

seek wrote:
I agree conventional medicine and ILADS aren't getting sick patients too far. It's obvious from reading here.

There are many who are helped by ILADS docs. Personally, I think a combination of both conventional and alternative get the best results. There are some ILADS docs who use a combination with success.

I think most who have gotten substantially better have used some conventional treatments. Why not use all the tools that are available rather than just one?

Terry

GiGi
Member # 259

Here briefly a collection of some of the symptoms with an "acquired" low histamine level:

slowed digestion
pear shaped body
strong hair growth
many dental fillings
too much copper/heavy metals
sleeplessness
Aphthen (painful ulcers mouth mucosa)
strong pigmentation of skin
easily tired, great need for sleep
fast pulse
tinnitus
slow orgasm
sensitivity toward anethetics in connection with a low B12 level; people have difficulty after operations and often longlasting complaints, headache, etc.)
psychological complaints (psychosis, depression and schizophren)
difficult blooddraws (many tiny branches in capillaries, marbled skin)

Roughly translated from Kamsteeg's book "HPU and then..."

Histamine levels become a different science in HPU. Low histamine is due, among others, to the lack of zinc. Lack of zinc leads to excessive copper. Excessive copper hastens lowering of histamines.

Per Kamsteeg:
Also wheat/gluten allergies need to be taken into consideration. They recommend avoidance. Who can and how? AI is the solution to that, from my experience.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I would like to state that I have found a number of ILADS doctors are open to integrative therapies as part of their protocols. I don't believe it is reasonable to assume that all ILADS doctors use antibiotics only. I very much appreciate that we have ILADS. If we did not, no one would be helping us to take a stand against the IDSA and the discussion and battle would be essentially over.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

ping
Member # 6974

Icon 2 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerryK:
seek wrote:
I agree conventional medicine and ILADS aren't getting sick patients too far. It's obvious from reading here.

There are many who are helped by ILADS docs. Personally, I think a combination of both conventional and alternative get the best results. There are some ILADS docs who use a combination with success.

I think most who have gotten substantially better have used some conventional treatments. Why not use all the tools that are available rather than just one?

Terry

Yes, thank you, Terry. I can only speak for myself, but antibiotics were definitely the way to go for me; I was in such bad shape when I was diagnosed after almost 50 years of illness.

There are no pat or easy answers and no one doctor has THE answer(s). I'm now using a few of Dr. K.'s strategies to further healing, now that I'm in remission. Also, hoping AIT will turn out to be a big step up in that direction.

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry - for allergies an excellent technique to deal with them is NAET - www.naet.com

A similar technique is BioSet - see wwwbioset.org.
I know some practitioners in Bend and in Vancouver WA that do those.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

"Alternative" is sort of a misnomer for Dr. K. Yes, he uses alternatives, but he very much uses conventional testing, abx and pharma drugs as long as they test positive and as long as they work.

In other words, he uses everything that he expects to work and follows the program very closely. If within a short time a person turns allergic to a substance, which happens all the time, it is no longer part of the treatment. If a substance causes a blockage for the autonomic nervous system, it will not serve as a healing agent.

I have been treated with antibiotics by him when I still had Lyme. Never longterm. But in short 3-4 week periods. They are chosen by experience and ART testing.

I have taken other pharma drugs prescribed by him, as long as they tested well. But timing, energetic testing, and most of all, certain conditions requiring priority always play a part in the overall treatment approach.

If he -- by his methods of testing and ART -- finds that you have an infected jawbone or sick wisdom teeth sites, which can cause a majority of the problems a patient comes in with, that becomes priority. This usually becomes a matter for a dentist or oral surgeon, and he will follow alongside with his observations and recommendations.

It may appear so at the ouside, but no two patients are alike or get the same treatment.

The protocols that you find published by him are merely a rough roadmap for the practitioner who tests with ART or other energetic testing.

Take care.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement